WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

I'd die if Chris Evans shows up at my amc

That AMC doesn't look too busy

If she tried that at the AMC where I watched CM she would've been swarmed lol

Last edited:
avoided this thread the last 3 days, just came home from watching

-first act was confusing with all the flashbacks and weird memories and then pop back to the current timeline. too jumbled. got a lot better when she escaped and things settled down
-SHIELD/fury semi-origin story was cool to see
-im sure yall caught the "pretty when you smile" line on the motorcycle dude it was both :lol: and :smh: cringe considering the circumstances
-i enjoyed the 90s references even if they were forced. LA in 1995 was a nice touch.
-altavista, paper maps, AOL password, no one being able to type 5 WPM :lol:

-we all saw jude law being the villain here, the skrulls being peaceful refugees was weird. totally waiting for Talos to double cross them. now im wondering how this sets up in the future, no more skrull villains? for x-men/FF?
-it wouldve been nice to see a few scenes where she pieces together her memories, instead of them just coming through flashbacks/stories/pictures and then hey! im back to normal carol danvers!
-cat stole the show, theater loved her
-Brie played the role very well. CM the character or the movie isnt about sex appeal or "look".
-felt like shapeshifting couldve been used more for other purposes, but that would make the skrulls evil :smh:
-mid credit got me extra hyped for Endgame
-overall i enjoyed it, and more importantly it sets up some background for the MCU and lead in to Endgame. 7/8

edit: Stan Lee tribute :frown: whole theater clapped for that

I'm thinking for CM Brie may have been directed to keep her emotions restricted for most of the movie

There shouldn't be any such restraints in End Game. End Game we should be seeing a Carol Danvers with a much more fleshed personality that will play to her strengths.

We'll see.

Yon-Rogg's training got into her head, but when it was time to go she let loose :pimp:

That was definitely one of the weakest MCU movies. :smh: (along with Dr. Strange, Ant Man 2, and the first Thor)

Nothing about Carol Danvers as a character made me care about her, or cheer her on. Idk if it's Brie Larson or just how it was written.

i just mean how quick they picked up on capt marvel in 95 but aint detect t'chaka in 91
Well CM fell from space in to a blockbuster dressed the way she did and hung around

All T'Chaka did was go to Oakland in a stealth ship, kill his brother, and dip. Which technically is a foreign affairs matter.

I dont get how y'all are so puzzled about the Skrulls being refugees/the victims in this movie cuz theyre usually bad guys/antagonists.

In this instance of the war they were getting screwed by a superior force. In the comics, the Kree are not the good guys in the Kree/Skrull war. Imagine, communist Russia and Nazi Germany going to war with each other (like they eventually did in WW2) but the Nazis basically destroy the communist USSR and have them on the run. That dont make them good just losers. Don't mean they wont be a threat down the line.

This takes place in 95 and been going on before that, Skrulls got 20+ years to become bad guys. Given how spread out they are, different factions can easily form where some can be way more hardcore. Plus you just know some are gonna want revenge on the Kree and take it too far.

Keep in mind, in GotG, there is no more Kree empire, Ronan is all butthurt about how they didnt do things his way and he becomes an extremist.

The CM sequel can easily be a plot of her trying to stop the war, getting close and then Talos and some hardcore Skrulls take it too far and commit Kree genocide thinking it'll never end unless theres no more Kree.
That was definitely one of the weakest MCU movies. :smh: (along with Dr. Strange, Ant Man 2, and the first Thor)
I consider two of those movies midtier.

If those are weak to you I guess First Avenger, Dark World, IM2 are pure trash on the level of a DC movie.

Last edited:
I re-watched the best MCU film the Winter Soldier and realized Fury never even lost an eye :lol:

So those of you saying how disappointed you are about why he has to wear the patch need to think again!

Aside from Sherlock Holmes I think it’s way to obvious to have evil looking Jude law in your movie as a “good guy”. Him and Pedro Pascal will never not be a hidden bad guy to me

Have a feeling they'll drop one more trailer in a few weeks with the 'get tickets now' tagline at the end and open up the floodgates then
That mid credit scene is the only trailer I need :lol: take my money already marvel and dudes still caping for Captain Asterisk the war criminal.

Aside from Sherlock Holmes I think it’s way to obvious to have evil looking Jude law in your movie as a “good guy”. Him and Pedro Pascal will never not be a hidden bad guy to me
While watching Narcos I was waiting for Pedro Pascal to turn crooked at any point. And it just never happened :lol:

I didnt like it

ditto.

allow me to explain...

-da editing was too "fast & abrupt"..felt choppy.

-i didn't appreciate da source material being mangled, felt like a culture war feminist move....

-Larson felt like she was breaking da 4th wall in a bad way...da acting was stiff, and da fact she got jokes on a Earth that was Alien to her...and da bootleg Terminator 2...lets just call it "homage" was bleh...."smile" felt like that gillette commercial in some stretches...

-alot of "girl power" spiel... enough to make you gag.

-da retconnin Avengers to shoehorn her in...feels forced...so Captain America's whole history didn't exist? hello they had museums of him defeating Red Skull and hydra wit bucky >D

-Nick Fury played as Finn, to Carol's Rey (of star wars lore) da entire movie...it was cringe.

-Skrulls.....good? sure..when you're subliminally analogizing them to illegal immigrant refugees >D

phase II MCU betta not have this broad front and center or its gonna get real campy real fast....u never felt like she really ain't earned anything in da movie...ish was too convenient for her...

they should gave black widow movie 1st....

da stuff i did like was her Yan rogg, and da main scrull was also good.

joint was mediocre in its highest form.

Just finished it and I liked it. It was a good intro to CM especially since I know absolutely nothin about her as a character.

She’s strong as **** and I thought that was cool as hell. I just gotta say though I just hope that in Avengers 4 they don’t make her so strong that she’s becomes the main character and everyone gets left behind. I’d be salty about that because I want every one of the OG members to get their shine on :lol: .

What would be your guys ranking in terms of power/strength of all the avengers 3/4? Also not sure who else I forgot so help me out.

Thor/CM/Scar Wit
Hulk/Strange/Vision
IM/CA/Spidey/BP/Guardians
Ant Man/Widow/Hawk

so when I first found out who was casted as CM I thought ok idk who this chick really is so whatever. She’s not the hottest actress ever but I thought yo I’d definitely bone this chick Alison Brie :lol: :evil: .

From the movie:
IMG_6935.JPG

Generally:

IMG_6936.JPG

I consider two of those movies midtier.

If those are weak to you I guess First Avenger, Dark World, IM2 are pure trash on the level of a DC movie.

Yeah, I'd put those 3 towards the bottom of my list too. Mid tier for me would be something like Civil War, and GOTG 2.

Back
Top Bottom