WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Yeah, I'd put those 3 towards the bottom of my list too. Mid tier for me would be something like Civil War, and GOTG 2.

I’ve been in every MCU thread going back to the first IM and reading someone say CW is mid tier may be the most outlandish **** I’ve ever seen/heard. I’ll chalk it up to you losing one hour sleep from daylight savings:lol:

I mean I don’t have civil war in my top 5 but I don’t think it’s mid tier. Anyone who has read the comics knows it was a little bit of a let down. Upper half though

Last edited:
I mean. Were you disappointed with Infinity war? Infinity War wasn't what it was in the comics either.
That’s a big difference and even you know. Don’t twist it to start something. I didn’t say civil war was mid tier I think I have 7th out of all MCU. And BTW yes I was a little disappointed Thanos motives were not about death in general

Lol the way I see it. 20 years is a lot of time for enough skrulls to emerge as bad guys to carry out a secret Invasion. All it takes is Talos losing his wife and kids to the Kree and nothing being done about it really :lol:

It's a lot of time.

10 years of Smallville, Clark and Lex was buddy buddy at the beginning and they were mortal enemies by the end of it.

Basically the mcu is its own continuity at this point.

If the main continuity in the comics is earth 616, the mcu would be earth (insert any different number here).

That's what makes it exciting is you can't use events that take place in the comics to predict what happens in the mcu.

*edit

Wow. Actually did a quick Google and mcu has its own designated number. It's earth 199999

Last edited:
That’s a big difference and even you know. Don’t twist it to start something. I didn’t say civil war was mid tier I think I have 7th out of all MCU. And BTW yes I was a little disappointed Thanos motives were not about death in general
Thanos doing all that to impress death is completely stupid and you know it :lol:

Introducing Death the character to casual moviegoers might have been a bit too much for them. I think Death would work better in Deadpool because it's weird enough to actually be funny for an R rated movie.

Weren’t the directors Indie film directors? Do they get a pass for filming their first big budget main stream film? Wasn’t the whole show no emotion story line the reason they casted her? She was on her Kawhi Leonard steez :lol:

Weren’t the directors Indie film directors? Do they get a pass for filming their first big budget main stream film? Wasn’t the whole show no emotion story line the reason they casted her? She was on her Kawhi Leonard steez :lol:

The directors are a husband and wife duo. They directed Half Nelson and Sugar (Algenis Perez Soto was the star of that film) among some other films. I really enjoyed Sugar whrn that came out a decade ago. I think they did a decent job because the story was alright and the film had a good supporting cast. The biggest problem is Brie imo. You look at Gal Gadot and she exudes sex and confidence. Brie exudes awkward adult with issues from her teenage years. I think Brie's best acting was in the mid credit scene as short as that was. I think her problems are solvable, she just needs to loosen up. Maybe smoke something, let Goose go hentai on her. I don't know just do something B.

My review.

1. Brie Larson is not a movie star.

- You can feel how uncomfortable she is with being "cool".
- She not someone who you can just stand there and you can put in a medium close up and just exude an effortless confidence.
- She's a great actress, but in a more emotionally reactive way, she can't create her own shot.

2. Captain Marvel is not an incredible concept at it's core.

- lets be honest, it's not just sexism that kept Captain Marvel as a c list level character for decades, Captain Marvel is just NOT some incredible bullet proof concept.
- her redesigned costume is cool and all but her character, powers, origin just isn't really all that uniquer or compelling.

4. The visuals storytelling is the Mid.

- something has to change with marvels, action film making, it feels soulless, and paint by numbers.
- the visualization of her powers, the experience of her flying, it feels like the directors had ZERO interest in making that stuff good, or interesting.
- Andy Park is a terrible concept artist.
- Skrulls could have been so much better, and scarier. instead Andy Park worked his magic and made it as boring as possible.

Andy Park job near as I can tell it, is taking anything unique or interesting about marvel character designs and squeezing anything weird or interesting out of so that it can be turned into C+ level CGI and suits made out of molded plastic.

Saw the movie last night, I was disinterested and bored throughout most of the movie, it took forever to get going. The music selection was an issue, I got to many Star Wars vibes during the dog fight in the third act, felt like PTSD watching that just remembering Episode 7. Captain Marvel reminded me a lot of Rey.

What I did like was the movie addressing the obstacles and issues women faced and still do to this day such as when they showed the flashbacks to basic training, how her father was different with how she treated her compared to her brother, the "cockpit" reference. If in the future I have a daughter, I would make it a point that she has to see that movie at an early age and revisit the movie often.

The main problems

. Movie suffered from “we know what’s going to happen but let’s see how” and it didn’t deliver in any counts. From the formation of shield to fury losing his eye, all let downs

. Brie was as lifeless as Kim K in bed. Delivered on zero lines. Stiff and lifeless. Felt out of place and outshined next to anyone else

. The “I don’t know who I am” story was so bad they should of just left it out somehow. No connection to the character at all. Nobody cared. Could of been the acting

. The “struggle” references just didn’t work. Again, felt disconnected and not flushed out. The movie just was written smart enough to tie things in when thrown out almost at random

. Action was damn near non existent

I’ll go on later.

If she’s the main focus of endgame rip. They really may of ironfist’d Endgame

Worldwide opening is only behind infinity war

I think Marvel found the two characters who are going to spearhead the next generation :

Black Panther,

And Captain Marvel

IMG_6937.JPG

Right? :lol:, CM ain’t spearheading anything unless they completely change everything. Can honestly say the movie is in the running for worst CBM of the modern CBM era

Back
Top Bottom