WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Could you summarize this for those who don't know what this is?
Not trying to be a douche but look it up. I say that because you will come across something it will peak your interest and send you down another rabbit hole. I remember looking up one thing in Marvel then 7 hours later I had missed lunch and stumbled across all sorts of stuff.
What I wouldn't give to know what is going on in Kevin Feige's mind right now.

What he wants to do will affect the next ten years of my moviegoing experience.

I know, as of his last interview, that he doesn't have a ten year plan yet...but claims to know what he wants to do for the next five.

Interestingly enough endgame is five years in the future...
The fact he mentioned Kevin wanted The Living Tribunal oh he has a 10 year plan already, he is just playing it "close to the vest." The only thing I worry about is continued success picking the right director, the scripts are "easy" for the most part. Comic book source material dates back decades, by no way am I saying writing the Marvel movie scripts are easy. Only saying that they have so many templates for each characters comic book life that they have tons to choose from.

tumblr_pqsz96aeOS1rp382io3_540.gif

tumblr_pqsz96aeOS1rp382io4_540.gif

tumblr_pqsz96aeOS1rp382io1_540.gif

tumblr_pqsz96aeOS1rp382io2_540.gif

He knew the whole time Rogers was going to stay back in time
where the hell is this HD leak at? :lol:

No, I’m dead serious. I feel like Lee and Kirby did a great job for representation when making these character in racist 60’s America. Trying to reinterpret their characters with a more diverse roster is trying to find fault in what they did. As a black kid growing up in Queens, I never once looked at Peter Parker and wished he was black. I never saw color. He was me regardless. Same when I saw the Human Torch, or I saw Hulk. Make or promote new diverse characters like Blue Marvel. Don’t try and cram in POC in iconic roles just to play it “safe”

I get what ur saying to a certain extenent, I never wished they changed Iron man, Captain America, or Spider-man to being a black kid. I have Black Panther for godsake, however when they change a minor character to broaden its appeal I dont have a problem with it like how you made it (ie Nick Fury or Ghost Rider) If they are gonna bring Ghost Rider to the MCU, why not the Hispanic one Robbie Reyes? Can you name me 5 Hispanic Marvel characters off the top of your head?

Youre acting as if there is a shortage of white male characters in the MCU. As a black person who loves seeing representation I am satisfied with what the MCU have given me so far (that little movie called Black Panther was more than enough, if other groups of people who are underrepresented gets to feel the same way (Latino) why hate on it?

Ghost Rider is not that serious dude...come on

There's a difference between something (character/story) naturally happening as opposed to it being as a result to appease certain "political" crowds. I don't like feeling donated to.
Going to repost this.
Keep in mind a lot of the characters that are being mentioned are not legacy characters and really don't carry much gravitas. Many were created or put in their respective roles AFTER the MCU was started. Marvel is setting up for the next several phases with what has been published in the last 10 years.

But looking at the viewer base breakdown posted earlier in this thread it is 80% adult. Those spenders have attachment to the older character even though they weren't A-listers. We all knew who Iron Man/Tony Stark is from cartoons. Riri, Amadeus, etc are targeted to the smallest segment of that pie chart. Will be a hard sell. GotG blew up because it was made for the adults that were already showing for IM, Thor and Avengers. How many actors from the 80's showed up in those films? Even the music track skews heavy toward that age group. Same with Ant-Man. A 50yo is playing him and you have 80's A-listers showing up in his movies with Douglas and Pfieffer.

Up til now Marvel has gambled with properties but not with the target audience. That has been a constant. Will be interesting to see what they do going forward. Pretty sure they are keeping a close eye on how Cloak and Dagger and Runaways are doing. I record C&D but it takes a real effort to watch an episode. They are piling up and I'll watch part of an episode each sitting. Watched first episode of the Runaways. None since.

But I managed to watch all of the Inhumans and AoS.

They make movies around some of these non-legacy characters and it will be a process personally to decide if I go. Is it worth opening night? Is it worth seeing in the theater? Is it worth a full ticket price? Wait til Blu-Ray? or just sit til network TV shows it? Questions I've not asked the last 10 years.

Disney+ will be a great testing ground.

Considering the age of Marvel's core audience I doubt characters created in the last 10 years will play very well in movies the next 10 years.

Hmm, good point.

One of my concerns are hidden agendas and psychological reconditioning...but I may be overthinking..

I need a proper punisher movie and a proper old man Logan that follows the comics dystopian, hero’s being killed storyline.
We already had one.
View attachment 2326503

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Watched it again last night, and man what a movie. I don't think people realize that Endgame and Infinity War were an event that we'll probably never experience again. Like this was the movie version of Tha Carter 3 or The Black Album releasing, or the Concords in 2011. Man, what an 11 year ride. I'm ashamed to say a tear dropped when everyone started coming out of the Dr. Strange portals during the Avengers Assemble scene.

Are you new to comics because I can think up a handful of stories that will be just as good. Secret Invasion, Annihilation Wave, Galactus, Secret Wars, BattleWorld (an entire police force with the power of Thor policing the world)
People are going to be even more mad at how they handle hulk then :lol:
Well that Hulk would get his in the end fighting old man Logan, then have him come here. **** have a Logan movie based off Wolverine killing the Marvel UNIVERSE. MAN.

Hmm, good point.

One of my concerns are hidden agendas and psychological reconditioning...but I may be overthinking..
You already know that is in the equation anyway. We going to go from hero romances being kept to a minimum to sexual preferences being front and center. Happens in all media over time.

Growing up I used to watch quite a few sitcoms with the family. How many do I watch now? None. Don't need someone trying to tell me how I should feel about things, even subtly in a TV show.

So...Cap gets his shield broken up by Thanos. Leaves to drop off the stones, comes back with the Shield.

Did he just take the Shield from the Cap of a different timeline?
His shield was fixed before he left he had the shield on his left arm. Never explained how his shield was fixed since Tony was gone.
LGBTQ and their agenda can kick rocks.

Every tv series, movie and book has a gay character forced down the audiences throat.
I have been wondering if Cisco is suppose to be gay on the Flash TV show.
I get what ur saying to a certain extenent, I never wished they changed Iron man, Captain America, or Spider-man to being a black kid. I have Black Panther for godsake, however when they change a minor character to broaden its appeal I dont have a problem with it like how you made it (ie Nick Fury or Ghost Rider) If they are gonna bring Ghost Rider to the MCU, why not the Hispanic one Robbie Reyes? Can you name me 5 Hispanic Marvel characters off the top of your head?
So your saying you didn't like them making Iceman gay in the comics. Personally don't have a problem with it, but felt like it was done just to do it.

When it comes to Amadeus Cho for Hulk, it'll depend on how young they want him to be in MCU. If older, Daniel Henney and Steven Yeun would be good options plus they're actually Korean. If going for more of the younger vibe, they literally have Remy Hii already in Far From Home playing a highschool/college student, but who knows who he is in the film.

Also while on the subject of Asian actors, if Mike Moh isn't Shang Chi then I don't know. Dude literally plays Bruce Lee in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and is a legitimate martial artist.

I always joke that this guy is Hollywood’s go-to Asian actor when Martial Arts isn’t involved in the role but if they go that route, they’re seriously gonna de-age dude judging by that art.

31484ACE-6475-4E83-879C-3D9340D80C68.jpeg

Dunno how the other Asian guy from lost (Daniel Dae Kim) doesn’t get more roles. Dude is a handsome mofo.

Wait so that random guy standing at Tony’s funeral right before Captain Cheat Code Marvel was the little kid from IM3?!

We already had one.
View attachment 2326503

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Are you new to comics because I can think up a handful of stories that will be just as good. Secret Invasion, Annihilation Wave, Galactus, Secret Wars, BattleWorld (an entire police force with the power of Thor policing the world)

Well that Hulk would get his in the end fighting old man Logan, then have him come here. **** have a Logan movie based off Wolverine killing the Marvel UNIVERSE. MAN.

No i'm not new to comics so don't come at me on some BS like that. I wasn't referring to the actual stories, but the 10 year build up and satisfying ending over 22 movies.

It's going to be interesting how marvel studios balances what I'm assuming to be a 2-3 movie a yr schedule and also making shows for the new Disney app

I hope they don't spread themselves too thin.

My goal is still just to see good movies

Back
Top Bottom