WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

in hindsight
that seen was trash and thrown in there
really for no reason and was unneeded
and coulda just been at the beginning of endgame
All of that was on purpose to set up her being in Endgame to follow up on the Infinity War post credit scene.

The scene itself is literally footage from Endgame the Russo's shot. They just naturally edited it out of the final Endgame cut.

would be hyped to finally see a legit RATED R version of Johnny Blaze.....JB casting has to be on point, I thought Nic Cage was legit, but the script and execution were just...SONY lol

not optimistic about any of these upcoming shows

I get it though Marvel has to waste good characters on these TV shows to fulfil subscription/revenue obligations with Disney but they could easily be good stand alone flicks, possibly franchises meh

Last edited:
Some guys are going to get triggered but..

Screenshot_20190502-003111_Chrome.jpg
Meh might as well get it over with sooner than later, you knew it was coming. I would rather this than them trying to force Captain America gay. Just don't make him "extra" gay like he is smacking some cheeks in the movie or sluring his speech. That is my biggest complaint with how gay people are portrayed in movies, it's like the directors watched the old Men on Film skit and said yeah do it like that.
Factor in piracy? :lol:

Its not that serious. I can already see people will be salty if this doesn't beat Avatar
Personally not salty either way, it's not like I am seeing any of the money. However it is foolish for people to throw around how much Avatar made like it was the greatest movie ever told. If he ever makes the 2nd one I guarantee it won't even come close to the numbers the first one did.
Nah, he stay smashing fine females.

But I can see why ppl would think that.

And Iceman was turned gay cuz of Bendis' ego. He ran out of ideas and knew his X-Men run wasntrash and unremarkable somhe set out to do things to characters that would be hard to undo, retcon, and that were long lasting. He decided on that based off a select group of X-fans with a wild idea that the reason Iceman doesnt have a steady girlfriend ks cuz he's gay. So far Iceman being gay is something following writers had to run with cuz its nothing but bad PR if they tried to make recently revealed gay character not gay
Bendis cold blooded for that, I will make sure nobody can change this about Iceman. I am turning him gay. :rofl::rofl:

Avatar was amazing. Saw it twice. Y’all bugging
But the plot was so simple it was basically an updated Fern Gully. Come on man unobtanium, you can't tell me that movie is still in your top 10.
i aint ever heard anyone say "lets put on avatar!"
Yeah wife and I just going to make it a Avatar and chill night, I love that scene with Jake and the nabi. No. No. No. Once you saw it you were like cool something different but I never need to see it again.
I guess. Dolby and imax prices are near 30 a ticket by my way. 3d tickets in 2009 are definitely not that expensive.
I assume that 30 is for 2? Did movie tickets spike more than concession stand prices over the same period of time. I ask because my wife jokes with me about a time I looked real cheap. I want to say we bought popcorn, drink, and nachos and it came up to $21. I raised my voice like damn $21 for what.

I didn't order anything to eat at Endgame because I didn't want to have to use the bathroom mid movie.
Avatar is rated just fine to be honest. Any positive review of it just talks about it being a technical breakthrough.

No one actually thinks it has next level story or acting so let’s just stop that talk.
So your saying that Avatar did those numbers because of the technology breakthrough I can accept that. I just thought people always felt the story was the reason it did such high numbers.

Nah its fair to factor in piracy.

That's taking away repeat business.

I'm confident if you take away piracy a movie like endgame would have zero problems beating avatar

Eh, no real way to know that. I know nt is anti-avatar and loves marvel so much but you can’t just add $300-400 million onto endgame and say it beat avatar. Bootlegs existed back then too, how much they gonna add to avatar’s total? Truth is avatar got the top spot and you’ll have to earn more to get that spot.

I’m sure you’ll find a lot. It almost seems like it’s the cool thing to do to hate on it right now it’s actually quite comical but I guess this is a thread full of young millennial kids that think having AirPods or having cool Nike shoes makes you “rich”
I don't hate on the movie, but certainly don't think it was great.
I liked the movie but don’t remember there names
Hell I watch GOT
seen every episode
And damn near only know like 5 peoples names
Hell I just started the series in Sept/Oct, can only name the big names. Whenever I talk with coworkers about the recap, I pull up google and do GOT cast list. Damn all those names.
Thanos, Silver Surfer, Galactus, Quasar, Adam Warlock. That world should be in the big screen somehow.
I don't think those movies would do well as stand alones, perhaps put on the Disney streaming service.

Am I the only one who hasn't seen Avatar? :lol:

Somebody needs to put Infinity War and Endgame in to one long vid to stream.

I’m pretty much considering them one long movie like Kill Bill.

To me, IW and EG is just a one big movie.

I watched IW and EG together and it blew my mind.

Glad it's not just me who considers it one big film.
I tried to book the double bill in the Dolby cinemas which had both films back to back with a 15 min intermission on release day but those sold out immediately.
That would have made it even more epic for me.

Avengers will sit at $2b after this weekend. Anyone thinks it'll have enough legs to topple Avatar, especially with Pokemon coming soon?

Using the performance from past MCU films, even DC films, I've seen models where Endgame is still on track to beat Avatar.
Normal rules don't apply to this film.

I really don't see Pokemon as a threat either. Detective Pikachu just looks like a spin-off to me.
If they'd had that Pokemon Yellow or Anime storyline with gym leaders and the Elite 4 then yea that wou

Does Disney get the rights to Venom when the deal goes through?
I really just want a good spidey/venom movie.
What deal?
Sony has the rights to SpiderMan and they already have a deal with Disney.

Hopefully they go the Secret Wars route and this would allow them to bring Venom a good while after Sony's Venom. We'll see how the Carnage film performs because I didn't expect Venom to do as well as it did.

Heard Bun B say from beginning to End Game this is the best story told on film. I agree, the most epic saga film has ever seen.
:lol:
Is there a link to this?

Wouldn’t really be fair to somehow include piracy to the total. A movie makes what it makes.
To many variables like inflation, exchange rates, ticket prices etc.
All this stuff influences the box office performance in positive and negative ways.

I heard someone say the euro was stronger 10 years ago than it is now so that would affect the performance when you convert euros to dollars to see how films performed in Europe.

It's easier just to look at the final value.

Piracy is also a tricky one because now we have faster internet so it's more viable but at the same time, ISP's have clamped down hard on torrents sites and other piracy sources.
I got a letter from my ISP for torrenting Wonder Woman :lol:

It's hard to say how piracy will affect the sales.

If anything, I’m more excited for the cosmic developments more than the Earth based characters at this point. And this is coming from someone who shunned the cosmic characters and storylines growing up, with 80% of my comic devotion to the X-Men world.
Curious for an X Men movie would you want it earth based or space based. I personally think it would be better going space based if they are shooting for cosmic entities down the line. Space based, then come back for a earth based movie fighting Mr. Sinister.
I plan on doing this once the 4k quality of EG releases online then ill add the end credit scene of antman and wasp in between of the two movies
Anyone stay until the very end, I heard there is a portion where you hear hammering? Any truth to that, coworker was saying it is after the Marvel Studios logo.
Eh, no real way to know that. I know nt is anti-avatar and loves marvel so much but you can’t just add $300-400 million onto endgame and say it beat avatar. Bootlegs existed back then too, how much they gonna add to avatar’s total? Truth is avatar got the top spot and you’ll have to earn more to get that spot.
Oh I'm sure there were bootlegs back during the tailend of Napster and probably Kazaa. However bootlegs were nowhere near as widespread.

Anyone stay until the very end, I heard there is a portion where you hear hammering? Any truth to that, coworker was saying it is after the Marvel Studios logo.
Yea just a call back to IM1 when Tony was building MK1 in the cave

Bootlegs are on another level these days, PLUS it comes out much much much faster in a movie's life cycle. A billion times faster.

I honestly think Eternals can lay the ground work for the X-gene and how it started in humanity, would be dope storytelling

Also, Daniel Dae Kim for Namor!

MAKE IT HAPPEN MARVEL!!

Back
Top Bottom