WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

As someone who has actually studied law, there are defenses to murder

And then there are varying degrees of murder

However, none of those change the basic act from being what it is

It is simply defining the circumstances and assessing the degree of punishment that should befall upon the person who committed said act

And it’s the mens rea and actus reus

Oh give me a break. You're just giving me lawyer bs right now :lol:

I'm no lawyer but I know enough to know you literally have to be of sound mind during the act to be charged with murder. I literally deal with the criminally insane on a day to day basis.

James Buchanan Barnes was brainwashed.

“I love you 3000” is the GOAT line of the movie

“You will” was the most underrated, thanos tried to pull a BP/Hawkeye and ole girl clapped back and made him desperate

nope.

that thanos line about failures bringing them back to him. stone cold. thanos lines were a1 for both films. just great writing.

I'm no lawyer but I know enough to know you literally have to be of sound mind during the act to be charged with murder. I literally deal with the criminally insane on a day to day basis.

What do you think manslaughter is?

And you might want to google what mens rea and actus reus are

And insanity, is a defense.. it doesn't mean that a murder wasnt committed, it means the murderer has a defense for said crime

What does not guilty by reason of insanity mean to you?

When a judge rules that they're an ngri, are they convicted?

nope.

that thanos line about failures bringing them back to him. stone cold. thanos lines were a1 for both films. just great writing.

Nah.. "I love you 3000" will forever be associated with the movie, even the few people who haven't or won't see the movie will know where the line is from

But to me, what you reference is exactly why the "you will" line was the coldest.. we knew who thanos was and dude was dropping line after line, but he tried to BP/hawkeye ole girl and she said everything in a 2 would response which basically made her the real BP of that situation

What does not guilty by reason of insanity mean to you?

When a judge rules that they're an ngri, are they convicted?

That doesn't mean a murder didn't happen.. that means they have a defense for said murder

The person also wouldn't just walk free.. they would more than likely be committed to get help and have to prove they're mentally fit to be amongst society again

Lol of course I know they wouldn't walk free. Half of my job is dealing with ngri's

And I googled mens rea and actus reus

Kinda sounds like mens rea doesn't apply to bucky

Lol of course I know they wouldn't walk free. Half of my job is dealing with ngri's

And I googled mens rea and actus reus

Kinda sounds like mens rea doesn't apply to bucky

You don't need mens rea for manslaughter

Also, again, insanity is a defense for murder.. it doesn't magically make the murder go away.. it just changes the consequences

Says you deal with the criminally insane and then brings up Bucky being brainwashed.

:lol: :smh:

You do know being brainwashed is not being criminally insane right?

I hope you do cuz throwing out the word insane as a red herring isnt confusing anybody. Nobody we talking about were insane when they committer those acts.

Screenshot_20190512-005556_Chrome.jpg
In the eyes of a court of law. Doesn't seem like manslaughter = murder

^^^
Well brainwashing isn't real. But if it was I don't see how it's different from if someone commits murder during a schizophrenic outbreak. Either way you're not in control and not of sound mind.

Saw it again in IMAX with my mom in town. This was my third time and it still was good. I was there for post Hulk snap. :lol: My mom looked at me and asked, “Will I cry?” I just slowly nodded, ran through all the extra napkins she got.

The stand out scenes gets you all over again. I love Cap getting the hammer and telling the Avengers to assemble. I think I’m done and want the Blu-Ray for the extra features.

What gets overlooked is Tony had plenty of opportunities to kill Bucky post-Civil War but chose not to do it. Hell, he could have snapped him away in Endgame but didn't. Just shows you that after a good cry and sobering up, he realized Steve was right. Bucky wasn't a murderer.

Endgame, Infinity War Writers Considered House of M, Introducing Nova

These guys are real crazy considering House of M to end this :lol:

I imagine it would've done the reverse of No More Mutants.

What gets overlooked is Tony had plenty of opportunities to kill Bucky post-Civil War but chose not to do it. Hell, he could have snapped him away in Endgame but didn't. Just shows you that after a good cry and sobering up, he realized Steve was right. Bucky wasn't a murderer.
You're forgetting Tony got 5 years to enjoy Bucky being dead.

And no, you're completely wrong, he didnt have any opportunity to kill Bucky after Civil War cuz Bucky spent a good deal of time back in suspended animation as Shuri worked to undo his programming. The next time we see him is one after credit scene abkut the white wolf and after that in Infinity War, he's living in a hut by himself somewhere in Wakanda.

Also, Tony knows using the gauntlet will cost him his life to once again save the world. He didnt have time to waste thinking a broken peeson Bucky when facing a genocidal maniac like Thanos. Plus I don't think you really paid attention to anything Tony said after the timeskip.

And no, you're completely wrong, he didnt have any opportunity to kill Bucky after Civil War cuz Bucky spent a good deal of time back in suspended animation as Shuri worked to undo his programming.

Tony wasn't made aware of this though. For all he knew, the "murderer" of his parents was on a beach somewhere in Bali sipping on Mai Tais laughing at how he & his boy bodied him. And Tony was just okay with that? Bruh....

And if he did know where Bucky was, that makes him look like even more of a punk (if that were even possible given son's temper tantrum and eventual collapse in Civil War but I digress). So let's assume he knew Bucky was in Wakanda. Why didn't dude pull up -- either diplomatically or not? He's Iron Man right? He's got the tech and riches and leadership to demand the "murderer" of his parents. Why didn't he pull up? I'll tell you why. He. Didn't. Want. That. Smoke. Or maybe he knew in his heart of hearts, Steve was right.

Either way, the fact is, instead of avenging the death of his parents, dude spent his free time with an underage boy from Queens.

PS - Miss me with that "he didn't have time to waste thinking of Barnes" when he had the gauntlet. I would think the murderer of his parents running around free would at least warrant a quick "Hey, whatever happens after this whole thing, make sure Barnes sees the inside of a jail cell". But again, Stark drops the ball.

In the words of the late Caulson, Tony "lacked conviction".

Last edited:
Tony wasn't made aware of this though.
How are you speaking on what Tony was aware of after Civil War? Sounds like you just making it up as you go.

You need to rewatch Endgame, Civil War, Homecoming, and Infinity War. It's kinda ridiculous that you would even say this.

Seriously? You cant be serious right now with this reply.

And no Tony didnt know where Bucky was after Civil war cuz again he was in suspended animation in Wakanda. Tony was well aware of what Cap was doing during this time. So how is Bucky gonna be in Bali of all places like Tony doesnt have a suite in every desirable vacation spot around the world? Be serious. Did you watch these movies and pay attention to what happened? I shouldnt have to remind you of these common facts. You talking like Bucky was running missions with Steve.

And how you sound saying he knew Bucky was in Wakanda and didnt pull up :lol:

Like do you even remember Steve's reunion with Bucky in Wakanda during Infinity War? Was it not clear Steve had not seen him since the end of Civil War?
Miss me with that "he didn't have time to waste thinking of Barnes" when he had the gauntlet. I would think the murderer of parents running around free would at least warrant a quick "Hey, whatever happens after this whole thing, make sure Barnes sees the inside of a jail cell".
Like I said before, its very obvious you didnt pay attention to anything Tony said after the time skip.

Either that or you're ignoring it to type this nonsense :lol:

Also Coulson is alive :rofl: Mans said the "late" Coulson :rofl:

Last edited:
And no Tony didnt know where Bucky was after Civil war cuz again he was in suspended animation in Wakanda.

Bucky could have been in Vormir for all anyone knew. Where he was is irrelevant. You still not providing an answer as to why didn't Tony do everything in his power to find him and make sure the "murderer" of his parents was behind bars? Did he just give up? Or maybe he had better things to do, I guess. Like build suits for a high school boy.

Nah. Truth is, son knew Steve was right. Barnes wasn't no murderer. Tony just needed a proper *** whoopin to see that. Hate that it had to happen to him. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom