WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

PfJC-t2.gif

Who is Andy Park? Storyboard Artist for MCU?
He's a comic book artist but in this context he's also the concept artist and illustrator for a lot of MCU movies.

He basically designs all the costumes and looks. Not all but a lot. Did a lot of the early movies' concept art which basically set the look and tone for future movies.

He's a comic book artist but in this context he's also the concept artist and illustrator for a lot of MCU movies.

He basically designs all the costumes and looks. Not all but a lot. Did a lot of the early movies' concept art which basically set the look and tone for future movies.
Is he comic book famous like Alex Ross, Jim Lee, George Perez, Todd McFarlane, etc?

My issue with MCU isn’t the costumes or designs. It’s the committee, sterile storytelling. Iron Man, GoTG, Black Panther, Ragnarok and Infinity Saga the exception.

Hopefully Loki doesn’t disappoint.

I respect that list minus the Spidey villains. Loki obviously got his own series. Maybe it’s the plots in the movies where these villains are sandwiched into.

What don’t you like about the Spidey villains? I understand the gripes with Mysterio but i thought Vulture was very well done

Is he comic book famous like Alex Ross, Jim Lee, George Perez, Todd McFarlane, etc?

My issue with MCU isn’t the costumes or designs. It’s the committee, sterile storytelling. Iron Man, GoTG, Black Panther, Ragnarok and Infinity Saga the exception.

Hopefully Loki doesn’t disappoint.
I mean he's a known name in the business but he's not famous as them at all. He was clearly about moving up to a more reliable career which is why he isn't a freelance artist anymore. He's sort of like Joe Quesada in that he decided to move up within the company, seeing that he's director of visual development now.

As far as story telling most MCU movies have different screenwriters. Your issue is basically with Feige and the other producers who basically established a certain format and pattern with how creative or how many risks the movies can take. A lot of the origin movies if not all got this homogenous style to it. To the point you feel it in Captain Marvel and apparently Black Widow. When an origin movie doesn't fit that it's usually cuz of the director (Gunn, Favreau, Coogler, etc.)

I thought the MCU turned a corner on origin movies but I guess not on a consistent base yet.

He was.

Im going to keep it buck. I’m a huge fan of Kingpin, Bullseye, Thanos, Dr Doom, Annhilis, Kang, Ultron, Magus, Magneto, Mr Sinister, Apocalypse, etc.

Jobbers don’t do it for me lol. That’s why task master didn’t do it for me. #Notmytaskmaster

I already wasn’t invested in MCU Black Widow but this might be the first MCU movie I don’t watch in theaters :lol:

I’d didn’t watch Dark World, Ragnarok, Ant Man 2, Captain Marvel, GotG 2 and a few more in theater. I probably won’t watch Eternals. But it all depends on what drops around the same time. Black Widow happens to drop as the motion picture industry tries to recover from COVID.

You crazy for watching all of them in theaters.

Couldn't imagine being in theaters for Thor or Dark World or First Avenger.

First Avenger was an accurate portrayal of what I thought of Captain America so I expected that kind of which helped :lol:
First Thor entertained me enough albeit it’s flaws.
I honestly remember nothing about Dark World

I’d didn’t watch Dark World, Ragnarok, Ant Man 2, Captain Marvel, GotG 2 and a few more in theater. I probably won’t watch Eternals. But it all depends on what drops around the same time. Black Widow happens to drop as the motion picture industry tries to recover from COVID.
You missed out on GotGv2 and Ragnarok. Great movies and visually dope.

You crazy for watching all of them in theaters.

Couldn't imagine being in theaters for Thor or Dark World or First Avenger.
First one I seen in theaters was AoU. Skipped Antman, Dr Str, GoTG2 but been catching basically everything since HC in theaters. Dolby only tho

Back
Top Bottom