WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

1630939659586.png

1630939618033.png

1630939628572.png

1630939807773.png

1630939692268.png

SC started off just him v his dad until the final 15mins when he had to save the universe. That type of stuff is not needed imo
It def would’ve been badass with the solo one on one in the mountain top. But I understand why they did the monsters and stuff. They have to show Shang chi can handle these cosmic/dimensional type beings. Seems like they’re building him up to an A class type hero, because he’s already strong with his mother’s fighting, but crazier with the 10 rings. I’m not familiar with Chinese culture, but the mythical beings and demons may have roots in Chinese legends so this could be the world’s intro cuz it sure was for me.

killed it in the BO, they were expecting $90m worldwide and they made that much in the US alone

SHANG-CHI & THE LEGEND OF THE TEN RINGS Set For Labor Day Weekend Record Of $90M+

Deadline is reporting that Shang-Chi could take in as much as $45M-$50M in the US and Canada, and $40M+ overseas (the movie has already opened in France, Korea and Italy). This potential $90M+ haul would set a new Labor Day opening weekend record.

:wow:You mean a four quadrant movie based on a comic book also has to sell toys with diverse set pieces and several price purchase points?

I posted about Michael K. Williams appearance in The Incredible Hulk years of in this thread, but I'm going to repost some of it.

Michael K. Williams was credited in the film as "Harlem Bystander".

vlcsnap_2017_12_09_03h07m23s253.png

Turns out that he was supposed to have a bigger role in the film that Ed Norton (who was a big fan of The Wire) had specifically written for him.

MKW's role got cut down to this...

411690_v1.gif

Four seconds of screen time.

Williams talked about his role in The Incredible Hulk:

It was actually a scene that got cut out. It was a scene where I got caught between the Abomination and the Hulk, and I was trying to stop them from tearing up the streets of Harlem. But then when I saw the Abomination was just so irate I told the Hulk to go kick his ***.

I come out the building. You know, I scream. And then I’m running with everybody else and then all of a sudden, I get stuck between the Hulk and the Abomination. And I’m like, ‘Holy ****, what am I going to do? Everybody calm down. Stop messing up my streets. Why don’t you got to like Connecticut? And fight over there! Why are you in Harlem?’ And then finally the Abomination is getting really mad, and I’m like, ‘You know what, Hulk, I don’t like him. Go kick his ***!’

R.I.P. Michael K. Williams.

With Captain Marvel’s hair longer and Banner’s arm in a cast, are we sure Shang Chi doesn’t take place before End Game? Why isn’t Strange present when they’re examining the rings? Just weird and unclear.

With Captain Marvel’s hair longer and Banner’s arm in a cast, are we sure Shang Chi doesn’t take place before End Game? Why isn’t Strange present when they’re examining the rings? Just weird and unclear.

after for sure

banners arm in a sling itself is a reference to him f'n it up when he did the snap

that is also part of the mystery and meant to get people talking and have the audience anticipating the next films/tv series

marvel knows what they're doing

I mean can't a girl grow her hair out again?

Also Banner's arm in a cast directly references the consequences of bringing everyone back. I don't know how it points to pre-Endgame since Banner has never hurt his arm.

The signs were all there. Been called it.

Only thing preventing a billi is covid and Delta variant bull ****. Let China give in already and a billi is assured.

Some things about Black Widow:

This was a way better origin movie than yall let on.

Gave me all the spy **** I wanted and expected.

I always felt Taskmaster as I knew him from the comics would be a mistake for whats probably a more serious themed movie. Unless he'd be accurate and basically be the weird Joker type in the movie. Otherwise would not fit.

Dreykov was good enough as the Bond/Mission Impossible type villain down to his plans of secretly running the world and mutilating orphan girls in order to make them weapons.

Action was on point. Story was on point. Just enough humor. Pugh was really good. So was Harbour. Weisz fine as always. ScarJo was solid, stuck to the same Natasha portrayal in all previous flicks.

Only misstep was Taskmaster. After that reveal should've brought a twist like despite being a tool of her father she was still just as crazy and evil as him. Also the whole mimic **** was based on the real Taskmaster a d he's still out in the underworld training criminals and henchmen. Make this chick Madame Masque or some ****.

Also random Shang-Chi/Black Widow tie-in

Last edited:
Shang Chi was :pimp:

Def best origin story since BP. His sister was G too, left him and Awk on the bamboo fight only to come back and let him know how it felt to be abandoned.

Can’t wait for him to show up in other phase 4 movies.

Movie was great for what it was. I felt it thrived when it deviated from the MCU formula and dipped into Kung Fu and Chinese mythology. I think the MCU formula held it back a bit. Not that the jokes were bad; they just weren’t needed.
Wenwu was a decent enough character and very well acted. But ultimately his back story of being 1000 years old ends up rather meaningless (unless it ties into the Eternals). The rings also are nothing like the rings in the comics. The character is nothing like the Mandarin in the comics. The rings and the Mandarin have nothing to do with Shang-Chi in the comics. It seems they just forced Chinese things together. I get not giving each ring it’s own power cuz that would have been too much like the infinity stones, but they should have just used another MacGuffin altogether.
I love Trevor and Kingsly bodies every line but we never needed to see him again and the ten rings concept should have died with him if they weren’t going to give us the actual rings and the actual Mandarin.
They could have just made him Zheng Zu straight from the comics and it the plot could have been exactly the same even without the rings.
I’m anxious to see what the rings really are and what they do with them from here in this adaptation. With Carol saying they aren’t alien tech she’s aware of I’m guessing they’re either from the Celestials or another universe.

I thought the movie was decent. 6.5/10

+the Asian Cast/Themes
+Choreography and Martial Arts
+for using a C list Marvel character

I wasn’t a fan of the last third of the movie. The movie is also a prisoner of the Disney formulaic approach to film making (Pixar is like the only exception occasionally).

Glad we’ll get to see the characters again. I also like the Iron Man 3 nod/fan service. I don’t like how the movie was saddled with an Iron Man villain. And the character was given tools/weapons not organic to the source material.

I’ve honestly never read Shang Chi. So I’m sure his rogues gallery is terrible and small.

The movie did make me wish for a MCU take on Luke Cage or Iron Fist.

Watched it again today in Dolby/AMC, the final battle CGI was a lot easier on the eyes and easier to follow knowing where/what to watch for

I saw it in IMAX and sat towards the back and the final battle was gorgeous. Up there with the best CGI I’ve seen. I didn’t think about it at the time but IMAX is probably the best format to see it all at once and not have to look to different parts of the screen.

Back
Top Bottom