WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

And there it is. Says he’s not an authority, yet somehow knows what quality should come from a shows budget. THAT’S why you were told to shut up.
Thanks. I never said quality should come from the budget. But got it. You like Water World so I’ll shut up and let you enjoy your mediocre pacifier of entertainment.

Never said I was an authority on anything. I just shared my opinion. It looks like others share it. It’s the internet. I’d expect people coming on message boards to conversate, exchange ideas and opinions.

Someone mentioned Stranger Things.

The Boys is better than any of the MCU stuff outside of Loki.

In the HBO thread, several folks mentioned Raised by Wolves being mid. Though I enjoyed the show, I can see where they are coming from. The show can be better. More sensical. Filing in the blanks to events whereas they take the opposite approach of expecting the viewer to put things together from hardly any information. More action.

The funding for these shows is in the millions. I think I saw a value of $20 million per episode for a MCU show. Why invest in mediocrity? Maybe part of the issue is Disney is churning things out at a point they can’t exert quality control.
I think a lot of the money Disney spends goes to SFX/CGI and all that stuff. Loki and Wandavision I get the big budgets, because you have to pay those actresses/actors and they've been the better series for it. End of the day, it all comes to taste and frankly MCU has proven they're after different things.

I just started The Boys and I agree the writing and overall cinematography is probably better than a majority of the MCU series stuff. However from a business sense, the reach of The Boys won't be that of some of these MCU characters, especially Kamala Khan, Steinfield's Hawkeye, or even the new Captain America in Sam, whom many of us here are divided on as well. Discussion is good and necessary if we hope for these MCU series, or any type of superhero series in the future, to continue improving in quality.

Competition is also good, The Boys likely wouldn't be as great if CBMs haven't dominated the market for the past decade or so, with a majority of it being Marvel. This shouldn't be the case of "everything is trash if it isn't the best."

I appreciate your mature response.

You get it. While the shut up boys just love getting McDonalds. Course I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with McDonald’s. It’s the #1 fast food chain. When I’m just hungry and fill my fat belly I go there for the cheap and quickness. I just feel Disney is doing the same. Having said that, I love Pixar films. And generally love MCU films (but I can admit there are some bad ones).

What do yall think of the theory (not mine, saw on reddit) that Ms Marvel is an Eternal, probably a descendant of Kingo and the bracelet created by Phastos?

PO
Now that would be a interesting theory. With Kingo being name-dropped. Maybe?

I am curious as to:
Why she saw her supposed 'great-grandma' when the powers knocked her out. Like is she stuck in an alternate-dimension or what.

Anyone hear listen to the Wolverine story podcast? Started listening to it while doing errands and I enjoyed the first couple episodes

I am curious as to:
Why she saw her supposed 'great-grandma' when the powers knocked her out. Like is she stuck in an alternate-dimension or what.

I don't think that's her great grandma, but I could be wrong.
It gave me the vibes that she may be the villain/trying to get the bracelets etc & the actual great grandma could be shown later.

PO

Growing up, Wonderman was one of my least favorite West Coast Avengers. In fact that team was mostly B Listers + Iron Man + Wasp + Hank Pym.

Next they’ll say they’re doing a Tigra or whatever D+ show.

i mean they already got Echo, IronHeart and Agatha Harkness plus a Wakanda show thats not BP-centric so they're definitely digging deep down under the barrel to make content

I’m sure everything “major” is tied to future projects or later eg X-Men, X-Force, Fantastic Four, Nova, Black Captain Marvel, Adam Warlock, Punisher, DD, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Deathlok, Ghost Rider, Hellstorm, Runaways, Young Avengers, Doom, Silver Surfer, etc.

I think those bottom of the barrel characters are appropriate for D+. But they can definitely throw B tier on there.

Growing up, Wonderman was one of my least favorite West Coast Avengers. In fact that team was mostly B Listers + Iron Man + Wasp + Hank Pym.

Next they’ll say they’re doing a Tigra or whatever D+ show.
the problem with Disney and it's storyline direction is that they are trying too much to shove political agendas just to cater certain demographics. women, lgbtq, black, asian, east indian,etc...
no offense intended. I get the point and I wouldn't mind them doing it, but forcing it just to have that kind of agenda can also affect the overall storyline of the character.

Back
Top Bottom