WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

this mjolnir popcorn bucket from AMCs kind of nice

sort of want

1655265968278.jpeg
I might have to get that even though I hate movie popcorn

Been watching Stranger Things 4… it’s ****ting on all these recent Marvel shows so far
I appreciate this hot take. I watched the latest episode of Obiwan Kenobi. They’ve got stars: Hayden Christensen, Ewan McGregor, Sung Kang, Moses Ingram, Kumail Nanjiani, etc. Venerated and beloved characters. Tie-ins to the original trilogy. Jon Williams Score? No. Competent dialogue, plot, etc? No.

I have not watched Stranger Things. But I’ve been watching the Boys season three. And it’s actually been pretty good. Does it get to rely on profanity, violence and sex? Yes. But the story and characters are captivating.

Disney is peddling the same crap on the D+ Star Wars and MCU shows (Loki and Mando the exceptions). If this was baseball, they’d be batting .200.
1000% this! Taking it in all at one time, most thoughts and ideas about the show end just being, “It was good.” Personally, I don’t have the time or patience to sit around and watch a show for 5 hours straight. Comparing ST to Marvel shows kinda isn’t fair. The Marvel shows are just something to keep us engaged between big *** projects. Stranger Things IS the big *** project.
I subscribe to HBO Max and they seem to put out a few gems in the sea of mediocrity. Peacemaker is probably better than most of the MCU stuff (-Loki). Apple+ seems to get praise for the stuff on there.

It’s disingenuous when we’re comparing streaming platforms and say, ‘it’s just mindless filler between major films’. Disney chose to hedge their bets on Marvel, Star Wars, Disney characters and their film catalog for their streaming platform.

Stranger Things is Netflix' End Game/Avenger level IP, these MCU shows are Disney's fillers. If they end up being better than good, that's a plus. If not, then it's likely the films will deliver.

Some of these other shows you guys keep bringing up to compare to these D+ shows already makes it seems like those shows took the. Like how much more attention is Disney getting to make them still get discussed like this?

Marvel and Star Wars are not trying that hard not to mention some of the budgets.

Also if it’s that bad why keep watching.

Episode 2
7989DB08-C396-4BCA-93E2-ECC8091B92A6.gif

I knew homie was too good looking(pause).

I guess there can be other Eternals, right?

EDIT: Idk how I feel about immediately recognizing a quote from The Devil Wears Prada.

Watching how good ms marvel is...

just reminds me of how disappointing falcon and the winter soldier was

the black president couldn’t wear a tan suit without it becoming a thing.. black man being “captain America“ is going be a thing

So far i'm enjoying Ms. Marvel. More than I expected tbh.

I knew there was something up with that new student. :lol:
So, if the powers are coming from within her, there might still be inhuman hope for the comic enthusiasts. :nerd:
Illumi aunties 100% describe brown aunties. Real ones know. :rofl:

And we know who the shoe thief is now! I missed this live. :lol:

PO

Last edited:
I know I'm maaaaaad late but my son & I just FINALLY took in No Way Home. Don't know what the thread consensus was but cotDAMB that was fun. 🔥

Not a huge fan of the ending tbh but i get it. So does that tie into MoM? We're seeing that in theaters Sunday.

-foe

Episode 2
7989DB08-C396-4BCA-93E2-ECC8091B92A6.gif

I knew homie was too good looking(pause).

I guess there can be other Eternals, right?

EDIT: Idk how I feel about immediately recognizing a quote from The Devil Wears Prada.
You're not the only one. Wife made me watch that one too many times. I hate Miranda lol

I know I'm maaaaaad late but my son & I just FINALLY took in No Way Home. Don't know what the thread consensus was but cotDAMB that was fun. 🔥

Not a huge fan of the ending tbh but i get it. So does that tie into MoM? We're seeing that in theaters Sunday.

-foe
Strange casting that spell in NWH will tie-in to concept of the multi-verse.

Ep. 2 was entertaining. I like how Mase and Bad Boy Records are now MCU canon lol.

Some things that I noticed:
- Some of those 'high schoolers' look nowhere near a high schooler.
- Surprised Kamran was flirting with Kamala, but it makes sense. If I were him, I would've hollered at Nakia.
- Clearly using the same tactic when he interrogated Ned lol.
- When the second agent entered the room to interrogate, my wife was like "they do look like skulls". I responded back "Uhh, I think she just looks like that" lol
- Really curious what the backstory of that power will be. Clearly shows her mom is aware of that power and what it can do. She's definitely hiding something.
- This show would have been perfect for Spider-Man/Peter Parker to cameo in the show.
- Kingo reference lol.

Back
Top Bottom