WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

I know I'm maaaaaad late but my son & I just FINALLY took in No Way Home. Don't know what the thread consensus was but cotDAMB that was fun. 🔥

Not a huge fan of the ending tbh but i get it. So does that tie into MoM? We're seeing that in theaters Sunday.

-foe

It does tie in, Wandvision does more though

I know I'm maaaaaad late but my son & I just FINALLY took in No Way Home. Don't know what the thread consensus was but cotDAMB that was fun. 🔥

Not a huge fan of the ending tbh but i get it. So does that tie into MoM? We're seeing that in theaters Sunday.

-foe
Fyi. MOM on Disney plus in 6 days.

If anything is to be learned from these initial episodes, white women don’t need more of a spotlight
8598A40E-8F90-4283-B37F-1BF181A1344B.gif

Even though this character’s whole persona is based on a white woman..

…DAMN.

Whole persona is a stretch

yes, she idolizes a white woman.. but we are clearly seeing how the culture of her people plays a significant role in her life

also, sometimes it’s best to just not meet your heroes.. especially when we see time and time again during the course of history how white women have failed the rest of us non white men

If you haven’t seen Wandavision, watch a long YouTube video on its recap. Otherwise you’ll be lost as heck
Seen it. And What If. Loved both. And Winter Soldier. Behind on Hawkeye & Ms Marvel. Saw the first couple episodes of Hawkeye before letting + expire. Thought Hawkeye was super mid. 😬

-foe

am i crazy for thinking that every series disney+ has put out besides mandalorian has been very mid?

Not crazy at all.

I've enjoyed all of them but I'm not really going into them with super big expectations. They're good but nothing revolutionary at all.
I got told to shut up in the Star Wars thread. It’s like you can’t be critical and be vocal about wanting better content/product.

am i crazy for thinking that every series disney+ has put out besides mandalorian has been very mid?

I enjoyed just about everything but nothing blew my mind. Some were more fun than others. Mando was great, but boba fett was aright. good but nothing special.

wandavision was solid but it took a while to build out. but def important. falcon and winter solider and loki were awesome to me.

visions was kinda w.e. only 2 stories were flames. but it really is just a tease, id love a full star wars series from a Japanese animation house.

As opposed to sucking?
Since dude is clearly an authority on good/bad media. What’s the bench mark? Whats wrong with the shows? How could Disney do to make it better within the budget? Of you just say it sucks because it sucks, and can’t even give a realistic, non-emotional reason why, of course people are going to tell you to shut up.

Never said I was an authority on anything. I just shared my opinion. It looks like others share it. It’s the internet. I’d expect people coming on message boards to conversate, exchange ideas and opinions.

Someone mentioned Stranger Things.

The Boys is better than any of the MCU stuff outside of Loki.

In the HBO thread, several folks mentioned Raised by Wolves being mid. Though I enjoyed the show, I can see where they are coming from. The show can be better. More sensical. Filing in the blanks to events whereas they take the opposite approach of expecting the viewer to put things together from hardly any information. More action.

The funding for these shows is in the millions. I think I saw a value of $20 million per episode for a MCU show. Why invest in mediocrity? Maybe part of the issue is Disney is churning things out at a point they can’t exert quality control.

Last edited:

The funding for these shows is in the millions. I think I saw a value of $20 million per episode for a MCU show. Why invest in mediocrity? Maybe part of the issue is Disney is churning things out at a point they can’t exert quality control.
And there it is. Says he’s not an authority, yet somehow knows what quality should come from a shows budget. THAT’S why you were told to shut up.

Back
Top Bottom