WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

1658680901716.jpeg

I mean she's still not Iron Man or even anything close to a replacement/successor.

To his defense, her first intro right now is a straight up Tony Stark homage so I can’t fault anyone coming to that conclusion right now.

Trailer’s are for the masses afterall, people who know the source material aren’t the priority. Marvel purposely did her bits in the trailer to get people to associate her with Starks. Even if it was subtlety.

It could of went either way and I dont think it would of sat well with people. Coogler and em did the right thing.

If they were gonna recast him I think it would of been Dameson Idris.
Franklin Saint is the runaway for the role if/when they ever decide to recast. With the multiverse stuff happening, it does open up the possibilities. Y'lan Noel is a distant second opportunity.

So, let me get this off my chest..

I just appreciate the way Coogler and the other stars continue to honor Chadwick. I’ve said this before, but in America, as Black people we face many forms of institutional racism and oppression. One of the biggest that I’ve endured is discrimination within the work force. Job insecurity. The feeling that despite my loyalty, effort, commitment, and outstanding service to my customers and employers, I’m still seen as expendable at anytime and my spot easily replaced. As a team of Black actors with a Black director, I’m sure they all have face discrimination in the workplace. I’m sure those conversations took place. Recasting T’Challa the very next film would perpetuate the oppressive system. Many will argue that it’s a multi-billion dollar business and how life or “the show” must go on, but this is about something more than financial gain. We have got to stop with the capitalistic mindset, especially when we aren’t at the table of these businesses and corporations profiting off the backs of our Black brothers and sisters and start thinking with our own hearts and minds. Chadwick was a Black man that has been exemplary in his role, breaking ground and reaching a level of superhero stardom that a Black person has never seen before. He handled the stardom and responsibility of being a Black superhero gracefully and with humility, all while privately and courageously battling cancer that ultimately took our King away from us. That act of valor cannot be ignored. How do we easily recast the role that a person gave so much of the twilight of his life to portray? Again, I know it’ll eventually happen, but I’m happy that Feigi and Coogler chose to honor Chadwick with this film. Let’s enjoy this homage to our forever King.

I guess personally I’m not that attached to the actors/I don’t think any of the MCU actors made the character their own. I don’t think Chris Evans is the only person that could be cap. Iron man etc . But that’s how feige wants to run his ship so whatever

I’m willing to bet they do end up directing and it’s been locked in for a minute now.

Feige’s not going to outright announce they’re directing 3 years early - it’d take away from the build up and hype as they get closer to 2025.

Quite frankly, anyone else they choose to direct would have massive shoes to fill as EVERYONE wants the Russos. Who would honestly be capable of handling such an event like Secret Wars and knock it out the park?
Wifey told me the same thing. So I’ll chill out and jus wait.

Back
Top Bottom