WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

I say Keaton

Accepted and then rescinded the Skull Island role so it's only a matter of time before before Marvel offers him something to be in another supernatural/adventure film.

Last edited:
Hearing this stuff about Perlmutter is hilarious and ridiculous.

Maybe him being cheap and smart got him to CEO of Marvel status.

Speaking of Keaton...found this trailer for November 2015 release

Teaming up with Ruffalo!

Also Schreiber (Sabretooth), Slattery (Howard Stark), McAdams (maybe Dr Strange), Tucci (Dr Erskine)

Might just have to see it

Last edited:

Hearing this stuff about Perlmutter is hilarious and ridiculous.

Maybe him being cheap and smart got him to CEO of Marvel status.
He was around back when Marvel was practically operating at a loss and is responsible from saving the company from bankruptcy so it just seems like he never abandoned that "going broke" mentality.

Truthfully, having that mindset is the **** that gets your far when you're running a startup or saving a corporation but at this point it's near sighted and unhelpful. He's made his contribution but it's for the best that he's out the paint now

Also him being notoriously cheap is what kept him his job when Disney brought Marvel. They wanted to make Pirates of the Caribbean money w/o spending 400+ Million on the projects

Last edited:
True. Rich people don't get to where they are by being loose with their money.

All this talk reminds me of a millionaire I personally know who was legitimately upset that the vending machine price at work went up 25 cents :rofl:

Last edited:
All this talk reminds me of a millionaire I personally know who was legitimately upset that the vending machine price at work went up 25 cents
roll.gif
roll.gif
eek.gif

Sounds like the David Justice scene in Moneyball LOL

Well technically MCU = Marvel Cinematic Universe and while they do exist in the whole world (each other exist within the same world), TV shows are still classified as such, a TV show. So that is the technicality, not because the show/his scenes aren't out yet but because it is somewhat a different division. I guess they call it Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Series (MCUTS?) so it's like a subsidiary?

But I am just having fun with @nom, dude didn't take it to the heart so he's cool in my book but it really ain't got to drag on with arguments and details beyond that.
You're saying a whole lot here but it means nothing.

Netflix shows are definitely a part of the MCU :lol:

Last edited:
:lol: that kind of penny pinching is bizarre. A clear "I have no idea what I'm doing" indicator.
Ike knows what he's doing. He's the one that bought Marvel lock, stock, and barrel when they were in trouble and up for grabs and then turned the publishing company in to Marvel Entertainment.

He's just super cheap and probably has a way of doing business where it involves continually being cheap :lol:
apart =/ a part. In fact, they are opposites.
Now it's like it never happened.

Last edited:
Yo Zik, wanna go as marvel characters to the parade on halloween?

I call Winter Soldier, my nephew calls DeadPool.

Perlmutter :smh:

Making Evans pay for his gym membership :smh: :lol:

"All Black people look-alike" :stoneface:

Getting his friends gfs roles in the movies :smh:

The fact that perlmunteer even has a job much less was ever that powerful just goes to show how landing jobs in entertainment is purely luck and connections. Hard work does nothing for you in Hollywood nor does being **** at your job do nothing to hurt you. :smh:

Why is a millionaire your coworker?

I have two millionaire coworkers. Don't even need the job. They just get bored with nothing to do. One guy says he would retire if it wasn't for the fact that he would be locked in his house in winter. Dude is thinking about moving to florida.

Last edited:
:lol: that kind of penny pinching is bizarre. A clear "I have no idea what I'm doing" indicator.
Ike knows what he's doing. He's the one that bought Marvel lock, stock, and barrel when they were in trouble and up for grabs and then turned the publishing company in to Marvel Entertainment.

He's just super cheap and probably has a way of doing business where it involves continually being cheap :lol:

Naw it's kinda like how Larry Brown can coach an experienced team, but is for **** with inexperienced ones. He may know what he's doing, but his style doesn't match the current team.

My friend was trying to get a job as a cameraman in civil war. I should ask if he knows about marvel being cheap with crew members.

The fact that perlmunteer even has a job much less was ever that powerful just goes to show how landing jobs in entertainment is purely luck and connections. Hard work does nothing for you in Hollywood nor does being **** at your job do nothing to hurt you. :smh:
:lol: What?

I guess you know nothing about Perlmutter. He been wealthy. He owned part of Toy Biz before he bought Marvel. It wasn't about connections to entertainment. He was caking off making toys, then started caking off comics. Then decided since some of the movie rights were already sold off he should try to do the same since FOX was making money off the X-Men. Then he bought his way in to Disney.

When you're a billionaire and own businesses that are closely tied to entertainment it isn't hard at all to pivot all the way in to entertainment and establish your own business.

But yeah, of course hard work isn't as important as being super rich. Especially in hollywood, there's the business types and then the creatives. That's not how it works in most corps, especially conglomerates. You either make the blockbuster deal that then gets you the better job and more money or you buy your way in during a moment of weakness/the right time.

Naw it's kinda like how Larry Brown can coach an experienced team, but is for **** with inexperienced ones. He may know what he's doing, but his style doesn't match the current team.
Eh, he's more Steinbrenner than a coach imo. Along with the 2 other rich guys he was partnered with to get this all done.

Son saw the potential and made the necessary moves when Marvel was floundering. Particularly after they were coming down form insane success in comics that'll probably never happen again. The comics bubble burst in the 90s is tantamount to the stock crash/great depression and the American economy recovering and flourishing is what Ike managed to get done with Marvel in the 2000s. Marvel should've been ended licensing their stuff away to different companies for other mediums and started establishing an animation division, tv dept, and film studio. Maximize everything in the publishing from comics to novels, naturally roll that out in to merch and then look at the most consistent mediums to try and sustain success.

Last edited:
Could be good and bad.

More freedom with money and paying the cast. More sodas for everyone.

Thing is now that Marvel studios is directly reporting to Disney execs, Marvel publishing are probably more on their own and pressured to reach their bottom line. Also it's yet to be seen if there'll be a strain on the creative committee (which consists of Marvel writers and editors who were the ones that basically wrote the frame work and structure for the MCU before Feige started steering the ship).

I think they'll be changes along the way but you'll really see the difference with phase 4.

We might also see now if the unwillingness to deal with FOX was a Marvel(Ike) thing solely or if it's a Disney thing in general (since they still got problems with FOX over Star Wars rights). If it's just Marvel we may at least see a movie crossover with the MCU and X-Men, might even get the F4 back sooner.

imo it's only going to result in bigger names being attached to MCU projects, higher on set morale and less leaks.

There is a new level of creative freedom in for the staff now but i'm sure this probably comes with higher expectations from the Disney Execs

There are supposedly more shake-ups coming from Marvel studios but it's probably going to be minor things that we won't really understand ;p;

I don't think they'll get bigger names just because I think they could have gotten them already and those who they can't get are usually the ones who do not want to get stuck with 9-film deals (lames fave DDL).

I don't really see what bigger names are there to get (lets keep ppl who already committed to DC and FOX's X-Men out of it).

I mean we've already heard Marvel has had talks with the likes of Joaquin Phoenix and Al Pacino. That's a really good actor still in his prime years and basically a great in his later years. If Marvel has already been talking to ppl like that who else is left?

Brad Pitt? A bit too old now. Plus I think they could've got him anyway. Similar to how they could get Depp if they really wanted to.

You get DDL for movies that are story driven and can be taken to the next level by the acting. I don't see him doing a superhero movie unless it's going to be the most seriously taken superhero movie of all time to the point it's not even being talked about as a superhero movie but something else altogether.

Only thing else I can think of as far as big names and this mention of more creative freedom is getting big name directors like Spielberg. I mean if DC/WB can get Miller I'm sure Feige would go after an all time great. Plus we'll probably not see stuff like what happened with Edgar Wright anymore (and I don't blame that on Ike but I think Feige will just be very clear on what he wants and then open to accepting a big nae director's vision).

I know I'd like to see Scorsese do a Punisher movie :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom