WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

It's been posted that Ike is the one whose always been insistent on 9 picture deals so with him gone i'm pretty sure they'll be much more actor friendly things.

And yes, they've been in talks with big names but in the final stages of negioations, when they had to deal with Ike's tactics directly things fell apart, for whatever reason. Horn has no problem paying guys boatloads of money for roles, while Ike demanded the Russo's reduce RDJ's role when he wanted more money and switched actors when a dude wanted the same amount he got for the previous film

And bigger names doesn't mean we're going to see Denzel play falcon's father anytime soon or Spielberg direct Nova,  it's stuff like Bigelow over MaClarean for CM or F.Gary over a guy like Coogler (Fruitvale & Creed) for Black Panther for example

Plus Disney is notorious for giving directors and lead actors box office portions to supplement their salaries,stuff like that goes extremely far.

Creative committee is being reworked now too.

Quesada, Fine and Bendis are probably staying out but it wouldn't be surprising if Disney wanted to add one of their guys to the mix

Last edited:
What is this?

nerd.gif
This is from the movie "Only You".

It's been posted that Ike is the one whose always been insistent on 9 picture deals so with him gone i'm pretty sure they'll be much more actor friendly things.
Out with the bad and also the good.

To me locking down actors for 9 picture deals is just plain smart. **** being friendly if they're not down with that. That opens up the door for them to keep coming back every sequel asking for more money.

These actors getting more money really isn't an incentive for the fans so I couldn't care less if the actors aren't happy about their payment. Outside of RDJR and maybe one or two more actors the majority of the cast are getting paid what their talent is worth as it pertains to the movies. Hemsworth doesn't deserve more money for what he's been doing to name one guy.

And yes, they've been in talks with big names but in the final stages of negioations, when they had to deal with Ike's tactics directly things fell apart, for whatever reason. Horn has no problem paying guys boatloads of money for roles, while Ike demanded the Russo's reduce RDJ's role when he wanted more money and switched actors when a dude wanted the same amount he got for the previous film
Has it ever been confirmed that talks broke down though?

Marvel studios are constantly meeting with ppl all the time. I remember when dudes couldn't stop talking about the lame chick that use to play Blossom.
And bigger names doesn't mean we're going to see Denzel play falcon's father anytime soon or Spielberg direct Nova,  it's stuff like Bigelow over MaClarean for CM or F.Gary over a guy like Coogler (Fruitvale & Creed) for Black Panther for example
Eh minimal stuff then.

The multi picture deals have to stay.

There'd be no MCU without the multi pic deals

Without it, there'd probably be a lot of 'Oh so you want me to appear in this and that film? Well, can you make it worth my time?'

There'd be od negotiations going around and holding up production

Can't afford to do that and maintain a 3 film a year schedule

Last edited:
I read the bleedingcool piece on some of this and apparently this change/rearrangement happened more than a week ago and that many ppl within Marvel/Disney are surprised it didn't leak sooner.

Also, it talks about a lot of anger over these changes but not in which way. Going off what I read one could interpret it as ppl are mad with Feige for going around Ike just as much as ppl being angry with Ike for how he's been acting since Feige went around him and managed to get Marvel studios to be it's own separate force outside of the rest of Marvel ent.

It's just interesting. I wish could hear Jeph Loeb's take on this since other than publishing he's the only other most important guy in charge of his dept. (I'm not sure how much video games are valued over there or even how big it is in comparison).

If this is true, really starting to feel like they are doing way too much with Spidey for CW.

How is this too much? That won't even take up too much time.

Also, I'm pretty sure I made that prediction pages ago
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Its too much because that is taking away from his origins and transplanting it on a Captain America movie, a movie that is already loaded.

I know most you guys get wet with Spidey in the film and the more screen time the wetter ya'll get but this isn't a Spiderman film that already has too many characters to begin with including introducing a character never before scene on the big screen in Black Panther.

This Spiderman already has like 2-3 movie slates coming up plus other cameos in the MCU, I don't really need to see him too much in this film.

If you don't think that report along with the multiple costumes and multiple fights rumored (including an Aunt May cameo) is too much in a Captain America film that is already over run with a bunch of other heroes... then I don't know what to tell you.

Its too much because that is taking away from his origins and transplanting it on a Captain America movie, a movie that is already loaded.

I know most you guys get wet with Spidey in the film and the more screen time the wetter ya'll get but this isn't a Spiderman film that already has too many characters to begin with including introducing a character never before scene on the big screen in Black Panther.

This Spiderman already has like 2-3 movie slates coming up plus other cameos in the MCU, I don't really need to see him too much in this film.

If you don't think that report along with the multiple costumes and multiple fights rumored (including an Aunt May cameo) is too much in a Captain America film that is already over run with a bunch of other heroes... then I don't know what to tell you.
BAM

Has it ever been confirmed that talks broke down though?

Marvel studios are constantly meeting with ppl all the time. I remember when dudes couldn't stop talking about the lame chick that use to play Blossom.
Stuff in the Sony leaks show what happened Between Marvel & Drew Goddard and it seems like he was literally getting ready to sign the papers and they tried to renegotiate his terms (change his initial payout, remove his production logo from the opening credits and cut his residuals %)

The Ava deal was being reported as done because they were beginning to discuss numbers, same thing with Phoenix. Once gets to a point where they're showing you a contract and the deal doesn't happen by definition the talks broke down. Nothing dramatic, they just go their separate ways.

And i don't care what anyone says, 9 picture deals are crazy. It's like NBA players signing 10 year rookie contracts. Ofc they're still going to be multi picture deals but they won't be as extreme as what was being pushed onto them before. Help, it's already started to change because iirc every supporting character that's been hired since A1 either has a base 2 films + options (Guardians) or picture by picture contract (Olsen, Mackie).

Imagine playing 2/3rd billing in a big budget film & making 5 million then going to another franchise where you have comparable screen time and shooting schedules but being paid literally 4% of that :lol:

That's what happened to Hemsworth. You might not care for him personally and he might actually be disposable but you can feel that way while acknowledging it's kind of messed up.

People seem to have this same attitude towards athletes' contracts and say they don't care but when said athlete holds out and their team's forced to replace them with a downgrade the attitude changes

Boseman supposedly signed for 5 films. I believe Cumberbatch has signed on for several films as well.

And I recall Mackie saying he signed a multi-film deal.

Marvel simply cannot give bigger stars that will be a major hero a single year contract as it risks having a recast so soon. Unless of course the role is for a villain because we all know they'll likely be gone after one film anyways.

I don't know, I just don't see Marvel going away from multi-film deals especially for bigger roles that will be a mainstay though at this point I am not really sure what else they'll cast for other than Black Bolt and Cap Marvel? Am I missing someone?

Last edited:
Imagine playing 2/3rd billing in a big budget film & making 5 million then going to another franchise where you have comparable screen time and shooting schedules but being paid literally 4% of that
laugh.gif

That's what happened to Hemsworth. You might not care for him personally and he might actually be disposable but you can feel that way while acknowledging it's kind of messed up.

People seem to have this same attitude towards athletes' contracts and say they don't care but when said athlete holds out and their team's forced to replace them with a downgrade the attitude changes
You know what I think is messed up? Actors getting paid millions to do very little. **** em.

Let's not go that far. I'm sure it's not easy. If it was, anyone who is good looking can go to Hollywood and get a job.

Idk how these contracts work and how much each person is getting paid (aside from RDJ) but I'd love for the contracts to be fair

RDJ is getting paid way more than his co-stars in the ensemble films. I think RDJ is making more than Evans for CW and that's not fair. I mean, it's not even his film.

Last edited:
^ Hollywood is never fair. If I recall correctly, the rest of the ensemble got pay bumps recently.

Kudos to RDJ's agents for snagging him those paychecks; I can only imagine he wants to get as much as possible as his career is not a sure thing (see his dead career during the drug problems).

Last edited:
I still feel 9 picture deals are a stroke of genius. If that was all Ike then bravo. That's how you game this system.

This love fest with the stars serves no one but them. Look at these Thor movies. Son aint elevate the movies if you want to solely blame the writers for the story not being up to par.

High caliber actors can be interchangeable in this sense.

Imagine playing 2/3rd billing in a big budget film & making 5 million then going to another franchise where you have comparable screen time and shooting schedules but being paid literally 4% of that :lol:

To me the clear difference in your comparison is what's most important is the IP not the actor. This is when it becomes more of a James Bond thing than playing a character and the movie becomes good enough to be a franchise.

This aint Tom Cruise is Ethan Hunt or Vin Diesel is Riddick. This is a I have my Bond while someone younger or older will have their Bond (and not even necessarily broken up in to categories based on age) and overall whether there's a ****** Bond somewhere along the way it's Bond that perseveres and stands the test of time. I feel like if this is Ike's approach he sees that the reveal value is in the IP.

If you want to compare, that's why I feel RDJR got paid the most and why right now there are no more IM movies slated to come out. He's made IM/Tony Stark the draw. So much so it's well known how much the cast just improvises and ad libs scenes. He's elevated the IP (cuz if we all know IM wasn't **** superhero wise and nowadays he's getting compared to Batman). So then you look at Hemsworth as Thor or even Evans as Cap and you're like these dudes aint adding value to the IP that they're almost irreplaceable.

So you lock them in for a fixed rate. I'm sure there was at least some breathing room on residuals depending on how well the movie did (and that should be dependent on if you got higher caliber writers or not). That's different with a basketball player cuz while a few teams are exceptions value wise you don't know when a player is gonna be the next all time great which is why they'll have more freedom in choosing where they go.
Idk how these contracts work and how much each person is getting paid (aside from RDJ) but I'd love for the contracts to be fair

RDJ is getting paid way more than his co-stars in the ensemble films. I think RDJ is making more than Evans for CW and that's not fair. I mean, it's not even his film.
It's fair to me. RDJR brings more to Tony Stark/IM than Evans brings to Cap.

That example is a good reason why Marvel and Sony were able to make this deal where it didn't involve a new contract breaking down how they split profits. Iron Man being in your movie without a doubt is going to add to the box office the same way Spidey in the MCU adds to theirs while on the flip side the MCU connection being apart of Spidey's universe adds to his box office.

Cap aint elevating **** if he shows up in Thor.

I mostly agree. Stark giving Spidey web shooters is stupid on several levels.

I'd rather he just give him the Iron Spidey suit to appease fan boys. Shooters need to be a Parker invention.

These rumors are becoming a bit much though

Last edited:
It depends on the situation. Stark giving him Web Shooters has happened in some medium. Not really all that stupid. Now it'll be stupid if Peter doesn't have web shooters to start with and Stark gives them to him. But if Peter has web shooters that are faulty or whatever, and Stark gives him some better ones, then that'll work fine. That would have to be the most likely outcome.

Last edited:
Tony: "Here's your scholarship, Peter!"

Peter: "Thanks! I look up to you so much! Can I be an Avenger? Look what I made!"

Tony: "Awesome! Here's some web shooters"

Peter: "Thanks, Mr Stark! Let's fight those rebels!"

Peter: " **** web shooters. I'm taking Crossbones' spot to take out Cap"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom