WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

It depends on the situation. Stark giving him Web Shooters has happened in some medium. Not really all that stupid. Now it'll be stupid if Peter doesn't have web shooters to start with and Stark gives them to him. But if Peter has web shooters that are faulty or whatever, and Stark gives him some better ones, then that'll work fine. That would have to be the most likely outcome.
That sounds like a scene and dialogue that doesn't need to be in this or any other movie AT ALL.

Stark//Banner creating Ultron was one thing but Stark making "better" web shooters for him is bull ****.

The implication that Peter made faulty web shooters "or whatever" is bull ****. Peter Parker is a genius, a kid genius at that. At most any potential scene should just be him raiding Stark's tech to make his own improved web shooters on his own. There is no need for Stark to make **** for him. At best he's just the guy with money.

Now a scene like that wouldn't ruin the movie or Spidey but it's just doing **** just to do it. Totally unnecessary and serves no purpose.

i could see a scene like that, where tony is in the lab with peter going on about how he's going to create upgraded webshooters for the kid then mid sentence peter is like "done!" holding up exactly what tony was describing 

It depends on the situation. Stark giving him Web Shooters has happened in some medium. Not really all that stupid. Now it'll be stupid if Peter doesn't have web shooters to start with and Stark gives them to him. But if Peter has web shooters that are faulty or whatever, and Stark gives him some better ones, then that'll work fine. That would have to be the most likely outcome.

Think the idea fits more for Tony just giving Peter an updated suit. Not that he couldn't give Pete web shooters, as Tony's smarter than him anyways, just seems that situation would be better used for a suit.

i could see a scene like that, where tony is in the lab with peter going on about how he's going to create upgraded webshooters for the kid then mid sentence peter is like "done!" holding up exactly what tony was describing 

Haha. That'd be funny man.

Joaquin Phoenix turned down Dr. Strange (and likely other big role offers) because he doesn't find them fulfilling.

"When I was younger I was probably a bit of a snob about [taking on blockbuster roles]. But they’ve gotten better. I’ve flirted with several of those films, having meetings and getting close, but ultimately it never felt like they’d really be fulfilling. There were too many requirements that went against my instincts for character. I’ve been spoiled. I’ve never had to make those compromises. I’ve not met a director yet with one of those films where we go through the script, they say: 'You know what, [frick] this set-piece, let’s focus on the character!' I understand, but it’s best I don’t do it."

That sounds like a scene and dialogue that doesn't need to be in this or any other movie AT ALL.

Stark//Banner creating Ultron was one thing but Stark making "better" web shooters for him is bull ****.

The implication that Peter made faulty web shooters "or whatever" is bull ****. Peter Parker is a genius, a kid genius at that. At most any potential scene should just be him raiding Stark's tech to make his own improved web shooters on his own. There is no need for Stark to make **** for him. At best he's just the guy with money.

Now a scene like that wouldn't ruin the movie or Spidey but it's just doing **** just to do it. Totally unnecessary and serves no purpose.
It does serve a purpose. If Spidey is going to be on Tony's side, they're going to interact in some way.  Not just, omg he's my idol blah blah blah. And that's a perfect way of them interacting. That or giving him a new suit. And how is it bull ****? Don't act like Peters webshooters didn't break down plenty of times in his early days with or without  running out of fluid. It's not like he has money to make some top notch ones. Like you said Stark has money so him making better ones than with what Peter has isn't that hard to believe. Your situation would work as well.
Think the idea fits more for Tony just giving Peter an updated suit. Not that he couldn't give Pete web shooters, as Tony's smarter than him anyways, just seems that situation would be better used for a suit.
I agree, but the rumor mentions webshooters so I was just going off of that

Last edited:
Does Stark HAVE to have his hand in everything in the MCU? Whats next he is going to be the one who breaks Dr Strange's hand and lead him to his mystic journey? Will he be the one who sends a meteor down to Wakanda with the vibranium?  I mean yea he is the face of the MCU and Iron Man was Marvel's first real winner as a stand alone studio, but come on enough  is enough

^^ I feel like they will begin to deviate from Tony as the central unit of the MCU once Spiderman is introduced. Him having a hand in Spider-mans origin may be a passing of the torch if you will but you gotta realize marvel just paid RDJ some big dollars they are going to use this dude for everything from here on out

It does serve a purpose. If Spidey is going to be on Tony's side, they're going to interact in some way.  Not just, omg he's my idol blah blah blah.
If this is the only other thing you can think of for interaction and why Spidey would be on Tony's side then I guess I can see why you think it's a good idea.

However, none of that my idol **** was in my mind anyway. They can interact and develop a relationship simply by both of them being geniuses that love science. That science bros **** is universal.

Stark making web shooters for Pete is just stupid.

And that's a perfect way of them interacting.
If you're gonna call ignoring or sacrificing Pete's charaterization perfect then I guess.
And how is it bull ****? Don't act like Peters webshooters didn't break down plenty of times in his early days with or without  running out of fluid.
When has his web shooters ever broken down? They've been damaged in fights. When have they ever stopped working because of how they were made? When?

The only other problem he's consistently had is running out of web fluid. That's it.

Where are you getting this web shooters break down cuz of how Pete made them from? :nerd:

Guess we were wrong

Marvel Studios' Creative Committee Has Disbanded

Following the announcement that Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige will now report directly to Disney Studio Chief Alan Horn instead of Marvel Entertainment CEO Isaac Perlmutter, word is circulating from BirthMoviesDeath that the Marvel Creative Committee has disbanded.

The group, which once oversaw the development of Marvel Studios productions, included members like President of Marvel Entertainment Alan Fine, superstar comics writer Brian Michael Bendis, Marvel Comics publisher Dan Buckley and Marvel Chief Creative Officer Joe Quesada. The Committee would offer notes and thoughts on projects as they developed from script to screen.

Though Marvel's films have been almost unanimously embraced by audiences worldwide, BirthMoviesDeath reports that the Committee was a source of frustration for many working on the productions, focusing "on details of nit-picky science that ignored the general tone of the script itself" and causing director Edgar Wright to depart the "Ant-Man" film. Additionally, as many of the Committee members hold other important jobs within the publisher, this process was often slow and affected the work of the filmmakers.

"Captain America: Civil War" and perhaps "Doctor Strange" will likely be the last films overseen by the Committee and Perlmutter. Feige, Louis D'Esposito and Victoria Alonso will now reportedly helm the projects without the Committee's influence as the studio shifts gears and heads into Phase Three.

A version of the Committee may survive at Marvel TV, according to BirthMoviesDeath, as that division remains under Perlmutter's control

It'll be interesting to see how things go thematically and function wise now that Feige now has even more control. It basically went from a committee that oversees to Feige and 2 other ppl running the show.

Again despite the online rep for Ike and the leaked e-mails to me the committee was a good idea. It showed that the presence of the comics needed to not lose influence and guide things. I do understand the part that everybody on it had other jobs and it was slow moving though.

Last edited:
Plus Spideys pockets (lack of money) has never been a problem with acquiring web fluid, at least not to my knowledge, so I don't know why it's going to be an issue now.

Plus Spideys pockets (lack of money) has never been a problem with acquiring web fluid, at least not to my knowledge, so I don't know why it's going to be an issue now.

Word, the chemical formula for it was something unique to him. That nobody was able to crack except for Fury getting some guys at SHIELD to do it. Everybody else just made knockoffs.

Yo me you can't bit by bit chip off those things apart of Spidey's lore.

is this a good or bad thing? ive been trying to follow you guys on this topic of changes that have been made at Marvel but IMO i love what theyre doing in the MCU. could the removal of the cheapskate mean better movies? could the disbandment of the creative committee mean worse movies? please dont **** up now Marvel.
Right now we can't call it. Some think it is, some think it isn't.

One point brought up is that the CEO of Marvel is a bit of a weird controlling basket case when it comes to money and commitments with how he handled the studio, how he's dealt with other studios, and what we've known he's said in leaked e-mails with SONY (some possibly racist and sexist stuff among other things).

What we know is it's been rumored Feige (who's mostly been in charge of the MCU) has bumped heads with Ike several times about the studio and he's gone around him directly to the board of Disney to get more independence from Marvel ent. So right now he's more on his own. You can look at it as a promotion or a bit of betrayal.

If Ike's the emotional and vengeful person he's rumored to be it's possible he'll treat this like a bitter divorce and it'll effect the tv/animation, publishing, video games, etc. (basically everything that's not the movies so we'll see how the merch is handled, specifically the merch for the movies). Maybe the comics will get more free reign not to tap in to corporate synergy and stuff like that. It'll take some time to see though.

If Ike was a problem, then Feige should flourish in phase 3 and onward (probably get his contract extended). If he wasn't any faults will all be on Feige. Although that's a bit unlikely since Marvel studios movies are like a well oiled machine at this point that you probably could put on cruise control.

I still find it interesting/impressive that someone or multiple ppl have established such fear or invoked so much loyalty that this stuff took so long to leak given it happened over a week ago. Dunno if that's a Disney thing or attributed to Ike's reputation.

I agree, but the rumor mentions webshooters so I was just going off of that

Gotcha. I personally think its better for Peter to remain the one that creates the web shooters. Not even because that's the way its always been, but because that's always been a very easy way to show his inventiveness and creativity. Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark both do the same thing, thinking up and creating their own toys, but they do it with billions of dollars at their disposal and in every single appearance they're pulling new gadgets from thin air all the time. The web shooters (And in some universes the web fluid) are one of the few things Peter actually has. So in that way I think it means more for Peter to create them. I definitely see how Tony doing it could be used to forge a bond between him and Peter, have Peter side with him, and teamups down the line, but I again just think that the suit serves the same purpose and makes more sense in terms of an Iron Spider type costume, which Peter at this point couldn't come anywhere close to affording, even if he did think it up.

was Ike the dude he bumped heads with on AoU where he wanted certain scenes edited out where Feige wanted to include certain things? i feel like Feige knows what hes doing, id let him flourish. like you said if theres faults then let him take the blame. i hope the other divisions dont suffer because of this. i think their animation has been pretty good lately and Netflix is about to hit its stride after the success DD had.

Gotcha. I personally think its better for Peter to remain the one that creates the web shooters. Not even because that's the way its always been, but because that's always been a very easy way to show his inventiveness and creativity. Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark both do the same thing, thinking up and creating their own toys, but they do it with billions of dollars at their disposal and in every single appearance they're pulling new gadgets from thin air all the time. The web shooters (And in some universes the web fluid) are one of the few things Peter actually has. So in that way I think it means more for Peter to create them. I definitely see how Tony doing it could be used to forge a bond between him and Peter, have Peter side with him, and teamups down the line, but I again just think that the suit serves the same purpose and makes more sense in terms of an Iron Spider type costume, which Peter at this point couldn't come anywhere close to affording, even if he did think it up.
I don't have a problem with Peter creating them. Him inventing them shows his genius like you said. I can just picture Tony giving Peter a Tonyfied version of them.

i know this movies (as most of these movies) will only loosely follow the comic but in Civil War he only gave him the Iron Spider suit if i recall correctly. i think its important that Peter be the one to create the webshooters to show his genius. i do see Tony maybe upgrading them a bit (as i remember in the 90's cartoons Peters shooters were faulty at times) like hes upgraded gadgets for all the Avengers.

id like the idea of him in the homemade costume when he's first seen in CW then Tony giving him the Iron Spider suit when he chooses his side, then him switching to his classic blue/red suit towards the end when he sides with Cap. highly unlikely but one can only dream..

The other thing that comes to mind is that for years ppl kept blaming Disney. Talking about Disney interference anytime there were problems and the Disneyfying of Marvel stuff like Disney constantly meddles in the things they own or trying to make everything have a family friendly Disney image because that's what Disney known for despite ignoring the other stuff Disney owns that far away from that, especially when it's historically been the opposite of that.

Seems all that was Ike. Disney has had a if it aint broke don't fix it approach for things they acquired. They didn't screw over Lucasfilms when they got it. They got the best producers and creators to revamp one of it's best franchises and have it live up to it's potential. Got Abrams (dude who made Star Trek movies great again) and others to put SW on the right path. Don't know why there was such a limited cliche view on how the business works. The MCU is the way it is cuz that's how Ike/Feige wanted it to be. They aint go dark cuz they didn't need to especially with the characters they were pushing.

was Ike the dude he bumped heads with on AoU where he wanted certain scenes edited out where Feige wanted to include certain things? i feel like Feige knows what hes doing, id let him flourish. like you said if theres faults then let him take the blame. i hope the other divisions dont suffer because of this. i think their animation has been pretty good lately and Netflix is about to hit its stride after the success DD had.
Maybe.

The way I heard those rumors was it was Whedon arguing/negotiating on what scenes to keep and ditch with "Marvel". At first I thought that was with Feige cuz the stuff was basically boring Hawkeye family scenes on the farm and the weird almost unnecessary Thor vision of the future scene. So I thought maybe Feige and the rest wanted yet another hint and lead up to Infinity War but that could've been Ike.

I didn't hear much about Ike when it came to Whedon's talk of what he couldn't and had to do.

I'm confident that Feige knows what he's doing though. Just gotta wait a while to see how it turns out since the BP, Strange, and Cap Marvel (maybe even Inhumans) stuff will still have Ike's finger prints all over it.

I really can't see how the other divisions will really suffer from this reorganization unless Ike is crazy enough to can the all of the shows. Which wouldn't make sense. He could tell dudes to cancel the current cartoons and shows and then suddenly start doing new ones but he was the one that initiated or gave the okay for the netflix shows and cartoons in the first place.

Last edited:
I'm kind of worried about the disbanding of the creative commitee. I hope they still consult with the writers and some head folks from Marvel.
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom