WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

The Cell Saga was one of my favorite arcs for DBZ. But when I try watching a fight from the Cell Saga these days, I just get bored. An episode can be literally 95 percent posturing/staring/talking and 5 percent fighting

That pissed me off even back in the day. :lol:

I ride or die with Cap. Unless Tony offers me his fortune
nerd.gif

Team Cap of course!!!
we out chea 
pimp.gif

It might be too late.

Lol. I loved DBZ back in the day.

The Cell Saga was one of my favorite arcs for DBZ. But when I try watching a fight from the Cell Saga these days, I just get bored. An episode can be literally 95 percent posturing/staring/talking and 5 percent fighting

Like naaa, I don't have that kind of attention span anymore
roll.gif

Akira's new stuff that's come out is still the same. Too much filler and not enough story/action to hold my attention still
eyes.gif
back when I grew up in china I would visit my grandparents in canada every summer

got hooked on the cell saga (this was before we could just watch everything online) so I would make time every week to see what would happen next

spent the whole summer watching cell grow stronger while goku chilled and had to go back to china before any fighting happened 
indifferent.gif

Seeing Cell absorb 17/18 and then killing 16 had me like 
mean.gif

And dont even get me started on Android 19

In my mind as a kid all I could think is "THIS FAT UGLY ANDROID with a creepy voice is whooping Goku's butt?! WHAT THE HELL?!" especially after seeing Goku go off on Frieza and go SSJ1. 
indifferent.gif
  It would be the equivalent of Zola beating Captain America 
roll.gif

Last edited:
Cell Saga was great. I remember watching it at my grandmas house every weekend with her. She didn't like it but whatever :frown:
Team Cap

This is true.

That's not my argument at all. :lol: My argument from the start had nothing to do with guaranteed sales one way or the other, and was simply stating that the sales of a comic book are a good indication of how many fans a character has, which could in turn indicate how films based around two different characters would do in general and in relation to each other. Now, as i've also pointed out, this isn't just the one indicator that matters. Just like the fact that ASM2 didn't do so hot isn't the only indicator of how a future Spider-Man film might do. There are many different factors, and I was saying that comic sales were one.

If ASM hits 20K it has absolutely tanked :lol: Though in general I consider tanking to be either a dramatic decrease based on what prior sales were or a steady decrease (by the thousands of course) over time. Go from 100,00K to 90K to 85, to 80, and lower and lower i'd say the book is slowly tanking, or fast depending on how large the jumps were between the issues. Even at those numbers, it could still be hitting the top 25 for a time, based on that year, but unless it evens out i'd call it a tank. Because unless comic sales are going down all across the board to indicate something effecting readers as a whole, the series isn't succeeding. It can be looked at in the biggest cases (Such as comparing the sales of Justice League to those of the Simpsons) in a case by case basis, but you can pretty easily determine if a series is tanking or not based on the numbers. Does that mean the book itself will go under? Maybe, maybe not. That'd depend on the higher ups at the company (And for the Simpsons they'd probably be thrilled either way because both are far more than double what they usually get.) For Spider-Man or Justice League it'd probably at least cause a change in the writer though.

SSM sold better than ASM in a particular year, but there's in turn been years that ASM has sold better than what SSM did. Sales of the Clone Saga dropped to the 30,000 range and afterwards, once Peter came back you had sales hitting the 80,000 range, consistently in both cases.

If Peter were still appearing in the comic as Spider-Lord or Man Spider and still functioned as the main character than sales probably would remain consistent. Replace Peter with Miles altogether though and it probably wouldn't.

Amazing Spider-Man is no different than any other comic and isn't consistently guaranteed anything. There are a lot of different factors that go into the sales, but changing the main character will have some kind of change on them. This might not be instant if its within a few weeks, but given time it'll show. Let Jim Gordon be Batman for long enough and you'll see a change in the sales.
I think the sales of ASM or Miles' book are irrelevant to potential box office #s for movies of either one of them. So comparing the sales to ASM and Miles is meaningless. So far you have yet to show or prove to me that they are relevant. All you've done is just repeat that you believe that they do.

If ASM was selling 15k right now and to be fair that was consistent sales for over a year that wouldhave no bearing on the next Spider-Man movie's box office #s. There is no evidence you've provided to make me think otherwise.

Therefore, that ASM sells more than Miles' book has nothing to do with what the potential box office of a Miles Spider-Man movie would be AT ALL.

I'm not gonna get bogged down with sales talk. I know why I brought up specific situations as an example to negate some of the stuff you were saying about books tanking cuz of bad stories and basically saying if they don't they were good stories while ignoring which titles are historical mainstays on projected sales charts. It was just another reason to show that the fluctuation of sales for titles along with books that remain constants factored in with the cycle of comic book stories to change the protagonists for long periods has nothing to do with a movie's box office #. We're talking about Spider-Man not Sleepwalker.

Last edited:
Not even about to start with that again.

Team Stark. Cap gon get washed!!

True story.

Though it'd be a nice twist if the film ended with Tony getting all shot up instead of Steve like in the comics.

I'm Team Cap but Iron Man has a Vision and BP :smh:

Ain't eem fair. Maybe Cap gets Scarlet Witch on his squad since she still has beef with Tony.

Back
Top Bottom