WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Then the film's going to let us all down, because the comic book was mediocre.

Civil war > Secret Invasion, Messiah Complex, Spider Island, House of M, and Siege

All of which were mediocre :lol: Minus Spider Island which I can't comment on as I have yet to read it in its entirety.

Good job not mentioning Fear Itself though, because that was just straight ***. :smh:

All of which were mediocre :lol: Minus Spider Island which I can't comment on as I have yet to read it in its entirety.

Good job not mentioning Fear Itself though, because that was just straight ***. :smh:

Fear itself was absolute trash. Marvel went into a slight crossover funk after Civil War. As of recently I enjoyed the hell out of Original Sin though, it was so dope and kinda creepy that the Watcher got murdered. AvX was decent as well

Fear itself was absolute trash. Marvel went into a slight crossover funk after Civil War. As of recently I enjoyed the hell out of Original Sin though, it was so dope and kinda creepy that the Watcher got murdered. AvX was decent as well

Exactly. House of M or Civil War was the start of a string of events, leading to my personally named event fatigue with Marvel :lol: As soon as one was done they were literally already hinting at and announcing the next. The only somewhat good thing about it all was that at least they all didn't have the exact same characters at the focus. House of M- X-Men, Civil War- Iron Man and Tony, but is really a superhero event in general, Fear Itself- Thor, which I was excited for, Dark Reign- Norman Osborn, etc.

Original Sin was interesting, but that bit with Thor wasn't, and the fact that we still haven't learned the Sin down the line irks me. I personally liked Superior Spider-Man, which then played a role in Spiderverse. The only gripe I really then had with Spiderverse was the apparent need (And Convergence for DC is arguably guilty of the same thing) to bring back all these old characters, just to kill them off or make their lives hell. Annihilation was good for actually delving into the space side of Marvel and getting us off Earth.

All this is too each their own but i throughly enjoyed Civil war. It helps that i read all the other sub issues.
But the 5-6 main issues were good by themselves.

I havent read one main event yet that isnt helped by the side comics that follow along

i enjoyed civil war. :\

what are some recommended ones i can read up on?

just been reading XMen lately. starting from issue #1 is :smokin for me.

growing up watching the 90's cartoons, the comics are much appreciated.. :smokin :smokin :smokin

Last edited:
For people who dont want to know the plot or storyline ofsomething coming out (somewhat soon) yea you should at least say.
About the movie. (Spoiler)
What do you think the point of a spoiler tag is? If you didn't want to know something spoilery, don't click on a spoiler.

Last edited:
Are you serious?
What do you think the point of a spoiler tag is? If you didn't want to know something spoilery, don't click on a spoiler.
People put pictures in them...
Wall of text.
Spoiler to thing.

But EVERYONE prefaces it first. If you put just a spoiler tag with no actual warning to what your spoiling ofcourse people will click. How can someone know what their spoiling themselves to if you dont preface it......

Exactly. House of M or Civil War was the start of a string of events, leading to my personally named event fatigue with Marvel :lol: As soon as one was done they were literally already hinting at and announcing the next. The only somewhat good thing about it all was that at least they all didn't have the exact same characters at the focus. House of M- X-Men, Civil War- Iron Man and Tony, but is really a superhero event in general, Fear Itself- Thor, which I was excited for, Dark Reign- Norman Osborn, etc.

Original Sin was interesting, but that bit with Thor wasn't, and the fact that we still haven't learned the Sin down the line irks me. I personally liked Superior Spider-Man, which then played a role in Spiderverse. The only gripe I really then had with Spiderverse was the apparent need (And Convergence for DC is arguably guilty of the same thing) to bring back all these old characters, just to kill them off or make their lives hell. Annihilation was good for actually delving into the space side of Marvel and getting us off Earth.
Just comes down to what you like.

As far as why events came out so fast and frequently. They sell a lot. A LOT. Plus for Marvel at least thematically most of the events ended up connected some way. As for Original Sin, I guess since comics are monthly but were in a different age fans can't be patient anymore. I see no problem with us not knowing why OG Thor isn't worthy. I enjoy mysteries like that the same way they did who is the Red Hulk and the older who is the Hobgoblin but maybe it's just me. When it comes to Spiderverse, I heard similar complaints (and really the death toll wasn't even that high) but these are alt universe spider characters, that's like a given and huge hint to prepare for a bloodbath. It's pretty much the whole incentive to writers when they craft those stories.

The 90s crash hurt the market. Ppl don't even buy comics like they do in the 70s but due to the uniqueness of the market the medium will survive and thrive as long as you can tolerate all of the stunts, variant covers, etc.

i enjoyed civil war. :\

what are some recommended ones i can read up on?

just been reading XMen lately. starting from issue #1 is :smokin for me.

growing up watching the 90's cartoons, the comics are much appreciated.. :smokin :smokin :smokin
You should be reading SECRET WARS right now. Great event. Best in years.

Last edited:
"We spoilin the spoilers....while we spoilin with Spoilers....the spoiliers they spoilin......and we spoilin and spoilin"- Cam'ron

eKl6wGM.png

Scarlet Witch will be added. And she will merc everyone especially after Quicksilver died. Plus, she hates Stark. 
pimp.gif

Elizabae on #TeamCap 
pimp.gif

Add Antman will do WORK from being able to fight alongside his hero Captain America 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
If you don't want to get spoiled, don't click on the spoiler. It's that simple. :lol:

IT'S NOT THAT SIMPLE.................

oops forgot to put NSFW , bam that just came up and your boss walked by........o well shouldn't have clicked

Jon Snow dies
Oops you havent read or watched that far.....O well shouldn't have clicked

Read me if you want to know what I think
See how inconsiderate it is to not preface your spoiler tag

:lol: Nah, it's not that complicated.

Spoiling shows in completely unrelated threads doesn't make sense. That's just an a-hole move. You'd probably get banned spoiling Mr. Robot in the Game of Thrones thread :lol:

There's a reason the spoiler option already has the pre-written WARNING: SPOILER provided for you.

As far as pics go depending how you add them, they'll show up in the images gallery anyway.

PPL warning you or hinting what their spoilers are about before posting it is their option. Same with the whole spoiler within the spoiler within the spoiler some ppl do for your convenience if they're actually spoiling something.

Last edited:
If the conversation before hand was about what the spoiler is. Then yes u make a valid point. No arguement out of me. We had just got done with your and jays essays about why miles is or isnt relevant and talking about DBZ.....

Then a spoiler tag pops up. And throws us a movie plot spoiler out of nowhere.. thats my problem with it.

Its basically common courtesy that NT has ALWAYS Practiced in my experience on this board

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom