WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

TIH was great.

Yall dudes buggin. At least I can see more complaints even though they sound way off like they talking about a different movie. Before dudes would say they didn't like it but not say why.

Also :lol: @ it was a typical Hulk story as if there had been several Hulk movies before that were all so similar. I mean the first Hulk movie with Bana was something I can see being called boring. It had Thomas Jane Punisher tone and pacing. TIH was action packed.

Hulk being hunted by Ross and the government. Typical.
We're talking about the 2nd Hulk movie b. That was not a sequel of the first Hulk movie. They completely revamped and re-did the origin on the run. Not to mention the first Hulk movie was different enough for them to go back to a "typical" Hulk story.

That's like saying Captain America fighting Nazis? Typical

Thor fighting Loki? Typical

Are you guys like not aware of Hulk comics or something? :lol: Hell watch a few eps of the Hulk cartoon and get a clue.
its more the typical storyline of semi interesting origin, oh no we need a final battle, dont owrry lets throw in a bigger uglier version of our hero and call it a day

word to the first iron man movie 

I mean they did cast Tim Roth as Emil Blonksy, the man who becomes the Abomination. I would expect him to be the Abomination some time in that movie.

Let's see if Gunn debunks this one:

Marvel is reportedly seeking Kurt Russell to play Star-Lord's father in James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. It looks as if discussions are still very early as The Wrap reports that Kurt has yet to read the script and Marvel has yet to make a formal offer but meetings are expected to occur very soon.

Source is TheWrap so it's probbaly pretty legit.

TIH was great.

Yall dudes buggin. At least I can see more complaints even though they sound way off like they talking about a different movie. Before dudes would say they didn't like it but not say why.

Also
laugh.gif
@ it was a typical Hulk story as if there had been several Hulk movies before that were all so similar. I mean the first Hulk movie with Bana was something I can see being called boring. It had Thomas Jane Punisher tone and pacing. TIH was action packed.

We're talking about the 2nd Hulk movie b. That was not a sequel of the first Hulk movie. They completely revamped and re-did the origin on the run. Not to mention the first Hulk movie was different enough for them to go back to a "typical" Hulk story.

Are you guys like not aware of Hulk comics or something?
laugh.gif
Hell watch a few eps of the Hulk cartoon and get a clue.
its more the typical storyline of semi interesting origin, oh no we need a final battle, dont owrry lets throw in a bigger uglier version of our hero and call it a day

I mean they did cast Tim Roth as Emil Blonksy, the man who becomes the Abomination. I would expect him to be the Abomination some time in that movie.
i'm just bored of the hero vs bigger uglier version of hero storyline. the best stories are usually about contrast rather than mirrored power

batman vs joker

cap's idea of freedom vs hydra

superman vs lex

jessica jones vs killjoy

rorschach vs ozymandias 

a **** measuring contest between hero and villain is easy and boring, it requires a lot of creativity to take two characters that each bring something completely different to the table and work out how the different powers would match up.

Gunn's never commented on casting news, he just specifically replies to "story leaks", which he's said he's no longer doing

i'm just bored of the hero vs bigger uglier version of hero storyline. the best stories are usually about contrast rather than mirrored power

batman vs joker

superman vs lex

jessica jones vs killjoy

rorschach vs ozymandias 

a **** measuring contest between hero and villain is easy and boring, it requires a lot of creativity to take two characters that each bring something completely different to the table and work out how the different powers would match up.
Mindless beast vs. Power hungry military dude isnt constrasting?

U act like it was hulk vs bizarro

Looks like my boy Cap's going to get some after all :nerd:

Aside from picking a side, VanCamp teased a budding romance with Steve Rogers (Chris Evans), which is something that their comic book counterparts have been involved in. "We get to explore... I can't say we are going to that extent of it, but they are certainly getting to know each other," she explained. "And they know who each other are." Will fans be happy with a Steve-Sharon romance? "That’s where it all gets really tricky,” the 29-year-old actress admitted, “because there are die-hard fans that want to see him with different people. There’s all the different camps, so hopefully people are happy with it."

But it won't be all romance for Sharon as VanCamp teased a fight scene. "I got to do a small fight sequence with Scarlett [Johansson] which was fun," she said. "We’re all just kind of kicking *** in those movies." By the way, the ET video (below) has her battling Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen), but the ET article mentions Scarlett Johansson. That's because VanCamp only says the fight is with "Scarlett/Scarlet." However, since we know Scarlet Witch is on Team Cap we can safely assume she meant Black Widow, who is playing both sides during the conflict.

Also. :smokin at a Agent 13 vs Black Widow fight

Normally I'd be on Black Widow's side, but it'd be great to see Carter take this one.

Last edited:

batman vs joker

superman vs lex

jessica jones vs killjoy

rorschach vs ozymandias 

Mindless beast vs. Power hungry military dude isnt constrasting?

U act like it was hulk vs bizarro
mindless beast vs bigger uglier mindless beast in a fight that comes down to who is the more beastly mindless beast

mindless beast vs bigger uglier mindless beast in a fight that comes down to who is the more beastly mindless beast
what?!?!?!

I guess you hate Wolverine vs. Sabertooth
Batman vs. Deathstroke
Superman vs. Zod

like what did you want from that movie... what story do you suggest they do (and don't say planet hulk considering the comic series didn't even start til 2006, which is when this movie probably started filming)

as MasterZik said your disapproval must really be coming from a place of someone who has never read a Hulk comic

what?!?!?!

Batman vs. Deathstroke
Superman vs. Zod

like what did you want from that movie... what story do you suggest they do (and don't say planet hulk considering the comic series didn't even start til 2006, which is when this movie probably started filming)

as MasterZik said your disapproval must really be coming from a place of someone who has never read a Hulk comic
its all about execution and creating an interesting story.

in the first few xmen movies wolverine vs sabertooth was pretty boring

in the awful trash heap that was xmen origins, wolverine it was more interesting because we got the history of them being brothers and fighting alongside eachother. there is now emotional weight to a fight between these two people.

batman vs deathstroke is all about the story, if deathstroke shows up for no reason trying to kill batman then yeah it can be a cool fight but it doesnt really mean much in the big picture. pretty much like the end of phantom menace, cool action but we dont care about the characters or why they are fighting.

superman vs zod is interesting because you have two conflicting ideologies and two character backstories/motivations that you can relate to or at least understand. superman is an earth boy and will do whatever it takes to protect his planet. zod needs to use earth as a way to save his race and rebuild krypton.

the end of the incredible hulk is just a two hulks in a meaningless fight in a city. what happens if abomination wins? no idea, his character traits are nothing more than generic bad guy out to kill the hero. 

I have never read a hulk comic and I dont find the character to be interesting, I would much rather watch a character piece on bruce banner than a movie that focuses on the big green guy. all the other avengers have their own story and motivations. 

I dont think there will be or should be another solo hulk movie. 

So apparently the international trailler has new footage :nerd:

No Spidey, I'm guessing, because that would've been talked about on the internet

the Hulk fight was about a man who sees his power as a curse vs a man who sees the power as a blessing.

Bruce never wanted that power but Blonsky wanted it after seeing and would do anything to get it.

Last edited:
the Hulk fight was about a man who sees his power as a curse vs a man who sees the power as a blessing.

Bruce never wanted that power but Blonsky wanted it after seeing and would do anything to get it.

on top of Blonsky wanting it since the beginning of the movie.....even took that Hulk Spartan kick to the chest. ..

to say it had no build up Sea manup is just wrong. the whole movie had story and a good one at that....

again if your not in to hulk fine and dandy.. but to seem like you wanted more but dont know what you wanted more of sort of makes it seem like your dislike is petty.

TIH was great.

Also :lol: @ it was a typical Hulk story as if there had been several Hulk movies before that were all so similar. I mean the first Hulk movie with Bana was something I can see being called boring. It had Thomas Jane Punisher tone and pacing. TIH was action packed.

Are you guys like not aware of Hulk comics or something? :lol: Hell watch a few eps of the Hulk cartoon and get a clue.

batman vs joker

superman vs lex

jessica jones vs killjoy

rorschach vs ozymandias 

Umm half of these count.

Cap fought The Winter Soldier, literally a brainwashed enhanced soldier.

Technically the majority of Lex vs. Supes movies have sucked.

The Watchmen doesn't even qualify. You can not simplify that story down to Rorschach vs. Ozymandais. The majority of the movie dude didn't even know Ozy was the mastermind behind the Comedian's death and his bigger plot and he couldn't even stop it.

Also Jessica Jones is an example of one of the more darker superhero stories told. I mean you could argue it isn't much of a superhero story and just one about ppl with abilities.

Now I totally understand what you prefer but TIH came out in like '07/'08? These superhero movies weren't' even being churned out like that. We had the OG Spidey series, X-Men movies, and honestly most of them were terrible around this time. At the time there wasn't a whole lot of hero vs uglier bigger version of the hero plots. So unless you just saw TIH recently I'm not getting the complaint there.

TIH was trying to establish a Hulk franchise building off the origin and the status quo the Hulk is known for. You're basically criticizing the movie for going to it's bread and butter of storytelling. The Hulk commonly goes between fighting strong foes to ones smarter than him. So I dunno maybe you would've preferred he went against The Leader. Thing is Hulk is a 2 for 1 thing so w/e Hulk can't do smarts wise is where Banner steps in to solve the problem so really there isn't much contrast cuz from the mental and physical fronts Banner/Hulk has it covered. So what's left is him fighting aliens or magic based villains. That's not Hulk's wheelhouse per se. He can take it there but for a movie trying to establish a franchise that's not where it was going. Gotta stick to some Hulk themes and get those right before experimenting.

what?!?!?!

Batman vs. Deathstroke

Superman vs. Zod

That's cuz the scripts for the X-Men movies were terrible and they cast the wrong guy for Sabertooth. They got the casting right in Origins but managed to churn out an even worse script.

I'm not the biggest fan of Sabertooth or his rivalry with Wolverine but I understand what's so great about it when you dig in to it and they go at it. One embraces his feral side and being a bad guy while the other fights his base instincts striving to be a honorable man. Then Sabertooth does a bunch of vile stuff to drag Wolverine down to his level while Wolverine stops him and overcomes it.

in the awful trash heap that was xmen origins, wolverine it was more interesting because we got the history of them being brothers and fighting alongside eachother. there is now emotional weight to a fight between these two people.
It was still trash. It did not become more interesting especially then. If anything it kind of made less sense for his betrayal. In that montage and intro to the movie they were shown to be like brothers who had their mutant powers in common. Logan was the guy keeping Creed from going too far. Creed didn't even want to work for the man but Logan convinced him and they went along. Then from there it's complete ******* with Striker and the other Weapon X guys getting hunted down or involved.
batman vs deathstroke is all about the story, if deathstroke shows up for no reason trying to kill batman then yeah it can be a cool fight but it doesnt really mean much in the big picture. pretty much like the end of phantom menace, cool action but we dont care about the characters or why they are fighting.
I aint gonna comment on a movie that aint out yet.

But Deathstroke is not a contrast to Batman. He's not bigger or uglier but comics wise he's just assassin Batman. Depends on SS how they'll change that to make him going up against Batman seem interesting.
superman vs zod is interesting because you have two conflicting ideologies and two character backstories/motivations that you can relate to or at least understand. superman is an earth boy and will do whatever it takes to protect his planet. zod needs to use earth as a way to save his race and rebuild krypton.
I'm sorry I found nothing interesting about this if you're talking MOS.

It was just a rehash of the OG movie.

Plus again Zod is just evil Superman. Same powers and weaknesses just more ruthless.
the end of the incredible hulk is just a two hulks in a meaningless fight in a city. what happens if abomination wins? no idea, his character traits are nothing more than generic bad guy out to kill the hero. 

Seems to me you're completely ignoring Emil's motives and aspirations in TIH. They were clearly portrayed. From when he joined, to when he got crippled and was offered the experimental gamma drug, to when he went to Sterns and forced him to up things so he could be better than the Hulk. There was depth and contrast there based off of how he felt about Banner and what he thought of the Hulk.

I have never read a hulk comic and I dont find the character to be interesting, I would much rather watch a character piece on bruce banner than a movie that focuses on the big green guy. all the other avengers have their own story and motivations. 
Well now your opinion on this obvious :lol: You don't like the Hulk.

I mean okay that's fine but I can't take your views on the movie the same way I'd take someone who comes in to this with no bias or someone who likes the Hulk and is just judging the movie on what makes a good superhero movie. You right though, it does have to do with execution and making and interesting story.
That's irrelevant to the topic. There not being another Hulk solo movie has nothing to do with source material

Last edited:
I mean you could write a book out for me but if someone has to do that for me to enjoy a movie then the film has failed to convey its message on its own. It was a dull story with a one dimensional villain and terrible love interest.

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the movie though

It's hard to write smart action in a hulk movie because every time he's on screen he is a big green ball of Michael bay.

Apologies though zik, I respect the effort you put into that reply but it's too long for me to tackle on my phone. Will get you a better answer later tonight

That's cuz the scripts for the X-Men movies were terrible and they cast the wrong guy for Sabertooth. They got the casting right in Origins but managed to churn out an even worse script.

I'm not the biggest fan of Sabertooth or his rivalry with Wolverine but I understand what's so great about it when you dig in to it and they go at it. One embraces his feral side and being a bad guy while the other fights his base instincts striving to be a honorable man. Then Sabertooth does a bunch of vile stuff to drag Wolverine down to his level while Wolverine stops him and overcomes it.
It was still trash. It did not become more interesting especially then. If anything it kind of made less sense for his betrayal. In that montage and intro to the movie they were shown to be like brothers who had their mutant powers in common. Logan was the guy keeping Creed from going too far. Creed didn't even want to work for the man but Logan convinced him and they went along. Then from there it's complete ******* with Striker and the other Weapon X guys getting hunted down or involved.
I aint gonna comment on a movie that aint out yet.

But Deathstroke is not a contrast to Batman. He's not bigger or uglier but comics wise he's just assassin Batman. Depends on SS how they'll change that to make him going up against Batman seem interesting.
I'm sorry I found nothing interesting about this if you're talking MOS.

It was just a rehash of the OG movie.

Plus again Zod is just evil Superman. Same powers and weaknesses just more ruthless.
Seems to me you're completely ignoring Emil's motives and aspirations in TIH. They were clearly portrayed. From when he joined, to when he got crippled and was offered the experimental gamma drug, to when he went to Sterns and forced him to up things so he could be better than the Hulk. There was depth and contrast there based off of how he felt about Banner and what he thought of the Hulk.
Well now your opinion on this obvious
laugh.gif
You don't like the Hulk.

I mean okay that's fine but I can't take your views on the movie the same way I'd take someone who comes in to this with no bias or someone who likes the Hulk and is just judging the movie on what makes a good superhero movie. You right though, it does have to do with execution and making and interesting story.
That's irrelevant to the topic. There not being another Hulk solo movie has nothing to do with source material
the woverine sabertooth storyline was the only positive of origins and even then its 4.5/8 at best in terms of being positive because of the terrible writing. but still, there is a backstory which gives the fights/rivalry meaning and weight. 

the 8/8 version of the same basic story is cap and ws. pretty much the same type of fighter but their history, along with the slight twist that cap doesnt want to beat bucky, he wants to "save" him as well as the great overall story gives it emotional impact. an added bonus is for me personally, I will take a well shot human on human fight over two CGI monsters any day of the week. 

the cool thing about the character of batman is he's the worlds greatest detective. a lot of his battles are won by outsmarting people, even though he and deathstroke are both great fighters if done properly a fight between the two characters would be a physical chess match rather than just who is angrier and who is stronger.

im with you on MoS not being too intersting from a character standpoint. Zod does have a better backstory/motivation than blonsky but its marginal in the way they presented it in the movie. I enjoyed this fight mainly because of the visuals, which snider is a master at making things look cool.

bottom line is I just dont find hulk action too interesting and the only way to make it interesting is the opponent (for example the hulk buster armor). having hulk vs hulk is just mindless destruction to me, might as well be a transformers movie. 

Back
Top Bottom