WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

:nerd: waiting for Gunn's tweet

Kurt Russell Eyed to Play Chris Pratt’s Dad in Marvel’s ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2’ (Exclusive)

As “The Hateful Eight” prepares to storm theaters, its star Kurt Russell has emerged as James Gunn‘s choice to play Chris Pratt‘s father in Marvel’s “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2,” multiple individuals familiar with the film’s casting process have told TheWrap.

Marvel has not officially offered Russell the coveted part yet, nor has Russell read the script, but meetings are expected to take place soon.

Representatives for Marvel and Russell declined to comment.

Russell is in the midst of a strong year, with Quentin Tarantino‘s “The Hateful Eight” riding in on the (w)heels of “Furious 7” and the acclaimed horror Western “Bone Tomahawk.” He also snagged a key role alongside Mark Wahlberg in Peter Berg‘s “Deepwater Horizon.”

Pratt will be joined by his returning co-stars Zoe Saldana and Dave Bautista, as well as up-and-coming actress Pom Klementieff, who is new to the sequel. Bradley Cooper and Vin Diesel will, of course, reprise their respective voice roles as Rocket and Groot.

Diesel just worked with Russell on “Furious 7,” though it’s unclear whether Diesel lobbied Gunn to cast Russell or played any part in his potential recruitment.

Production will begin early next year, with Disney releasing “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” on May 5, 2017. The original space opera grossed $774 million worldwide.

Russell is considered geek royalty amongst genre fans thanks to his charismatic hero turns in John Carpenter‘s “Escape From New York,” “The Thing” and “Big Trouble in Little China.” He’s represented by CAA and manager Rick Nicita of RPMedia.

http://www.thewrap.com/kurt-russell...vels-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-exclusive/

Last edited:
you're going 2008 CGI vs. 2014 CGI....dont let the shiny metallic thing fool you. no way that was a better straight up fight (and i meant final fight scene

Last edited:
We still waiting on Kurt to reveal thst hes Jessies dad from Fast and Furious

laugh.gif

Im sick of rumors man
eek.gif
 Wait, is this truly a rumor?!

Let's see if Gunn debunks this one:

Marvel is reportedly seeking Kurt Russell to play Star-Lord's father in James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. It looks as if discussions are still very early as The Wrap reports that Kurt has yet to read the script and Marvel has yet to make a formal offer but meetings are expected to occur very soon.

Source is TheWrap so it's probbaly pretty legit.

Jack Burton in the MCU :pimp:

Remember when this guy was in the running to be Cap? I couldn't see it then....but he might have pulled it off. Chris Evans is however, doing a fine job.

View media item 1831223

Last edited:
Im a huge fan of his.
Not sure bout cap role over evans. Coulda saw him easily be antman tho

I can see it.. Down on his luck guy and needing to make good for his daughter

If the movie was a little more serious I could see him being great for the role

Honestly, most mcu roles are so well casted that I can't see another actor playing them. And that includes dude who plays Lang.

Probably the one Avenger I would change if I could is Widow. If Emily Blunt had said yes the first time, man..

That said, Scarlet Johansson is doing a very good job, for sure. Just saying Blunt probably could've been better.

Last edited:
Honestly, most mcu roles are so well casted that I can't see another actor playing them. And that includes dude who plays Lang.

Probably the one Avenger I would change if I could is Widow. If Emily Blunt had said yes the first time, man..
Ummm you'd change Widow over Rhodey?

I forgot about War Machine. Lol I liked the first dude they casted, not his replacement. If I could, I'd change him back to the original actor.

I still can't see don cheadle as rhodey.. And he's a far better actor than ole boy

I can't see ole boy without thinking of bomani cracking on him.. Every time I see dude all that pops in my head "mayne"

Back
Top Bottom