WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

Captain America dying at the end or not

Basically the resolution of the movie. Not just that he beats Tony but exactly how does this issue get handled/solved?

My main problem with after Civil War was once Tony was taken down and Osborne took over when he was defeated the entire issue of secret identities and registering was never addressed again as a problem :lol:
Nobody died. The issue wasn't really "resolved." Steve just disabled Tony's suit and left it at that.

:smh:
Y'all really gonna just spoil the movie and it's still like 2 weeks away
Maaaaan NT stay with the bs
And I know y'all put it in a spoiler
But still
Y'all couldn't have at least waited until the week of release :smh:

Just got home from seeing the movie. It was great.
This movie definitely had a lot of action in it. Definitely a good chunk of the movie was action. It was like fighting, then a small break, then more fighting, then another small break, then even more fighting. Spiderman truly stole the show. We didn't really see him for very long but for the time we did see him, it was awesome. He was definitely my favorite part about the movie. Crossbones was only in the movie for like, 10 minutes in the beginning. After that, we never see him again. The "anatagonist" instigating the fight between Tony and Steve and Bucky was lame. Think of it was Luthor instigating the fight between Batman and Superman - completely unnesessary. Cap for the most part got his *** beat. Only reason he "won" was cuz he managed to stick his shield into Tony's arc reactor, disabling his suit. Thor was not in this movie.
Any truth to what BlackManta said about Rhodes/ Vision?

Last edited:
Just got home from seeing the movie. It was great.

This movie definitely had a lot of action in it. Definitely a good chunk of the movie was action. It was like fighting, then a small break, then more fighting, then another small break, then even more fighting. Spiderman truly stole the show. We didn't really see him for very long but for the time we did see him, it was awesome. He was definitely my favorite part about the movie. Crossbones was only in the movie for like, 10 minutes in the beginning. After that, we never see him again. The "anatagonist" instigating the fight between Tony and Steve and Bucky was lame. Think of it was Luthor instigating the fight between Batman and Superman - completely unnesessary. Cap for the most part got his *** beat. Only reason he "won" was cuz he managed to stick his shield into Tony's arc reactor, disabling his suit. Thor was not in this movie.

Does CW surpass Avengers 1 or Winter Soldier or do you put it right up there with those 2?

damn @ how much RDJ is going to be banking for CW :wow:

6 Shocking Behind The Scenes Stories You Never Knew About MARVEL STUDIOS

6. A Near Falling Out With Robert Downey Jr.

When Marvel decided to adapt Civil War with Captain America 3, it became necessary to renegotiate Robert Downey, Jr.'s pricey contract. Though Marvel had originally only wanted the actor for a small role which would have required just three weeks of his time, Disney pushed for more. The prospect of a bigger payday for the actor incensed frugal Marvel CEO Ike Perlmutter, who ordered the screenwriters to write Iron Man out of the script.

It was then down to Kevin Feige to smooth things over with his boss, providing him with an idea of a bigger picture and the kind of doors that adapting Civil War would open. The deal at one point appeared to be dead, and it looked like Marvel and Robert Downey, Jr. could be on the outs. Feige however salvaged things and came up with an arrangement which made everyone happy.

As a result, Downey, Jr. will collect around $40 million for starring in Captain America: Civil War, as well as box office backend and an additional bonus if the movie ends up outperforming the $714 million earned by Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

5. Extreme Cost Cutting Measures

While they may have started out above a Mercedes dealership, you would think that Marvel's box office success would change just how careful they are with money, right? There are a lot of stories about how Perlmutter cuts costs, and when Marvel moved to the Disney lot in Burbank, it's been reported that the CEO declined to upgrade the company's worn furniture.

It's even been claimed that he's taken umbrage with reporters being given more than one can of drink at junkets, and while this might sound silly on the surface, it could also be argued that these are the decisions of a smart man good at making money. Those multi-picture deals are also a way of cutting costs, and Marvel has been known to pay actors very little for their first appearances in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. At one point, Robert Downey, Jr. actually had to step up and campaign for his co-stars to get pay increases. On the TV side things aren't much different; actors are signed up for seven years and possible movie appearances.

However, it seems that Feige ultimately had a gutsful of these frugal way, hence why Marvel Studio now reports directly to Disney instead.

4. Kevin Feige v Avi Arad: Dawn Of...Something

Despite helping to at least open the door for superhero movies, producer Avi Arad is widely credited for running the Spider-Man franchise into the ground with the creative decisions he forced on both Spider-Man 3 and The Amazing Spider-Man movies. Kevin Feige and Arad don't get along, and when the latter quit Marvel in 2006 due to a lack of faith in their ideas for a Cinematic Universe, it was Feige who would soon take over as the studio's head.

Arad has since tried to take credit for creating Marvel's slate, despite at one time happily agreeing to produce a movie which would have seen Iron Man unable to fly and dressed by his toaster. This has created a lot of tension between the two, and explains why Arad was so dead set against Spider-Man ever joining The Avengers when interviewed in 2014.

Feige however would emerge victorious; it's been widely reported that he was insistent that Arad have absolutely no involvement with Marvel and Sony's reboot of Spider-Man, something which we now know to be the case!

3. War Machine Controversy

While he may remain strictly behind the scenes, Perlmutter has still been involved in a fair share of controversy with some of the decisions he's made over the years. For example, after paying him a whopping $5 million for Iron Man, it was the Marvel CEO who decided that if he was unwilling to take a pay decrease, Terrence Howard would be replaced.

That's exactly what happened, but Perlmutter has been alleged to have told colleagues that no one would notice the change because both actors are black. This has been strongly denied by Marvel and probably isn't true, but it does at least in some ways demonstrate just how ruthless a force the CEO is. Controversial it may be, but it's a business model they made work for a long time despite the odd bit of bad press which fallings out like this creates.

2. Near Bankruptcy

In late 1996, Marvel Comics faced bankruptcy thanks to a number of factors, including a reduced interest in the stories they were publishing and a myriad of bad business decisions. Stocks that were worth $35.75 each in 1993 had sunk to $2.375, and Marvel were forced to sell the film rights for popular characters like Spider-Man and the X-Men to say afloat.

All the while, wealthy investors battled for control of the company, but it was one Isaac "Ike" Perlmutter who helped to steer Marvel through bankruptcy protection, ultimately rising to the position of CEO in 2005. Shortly after, the decision to produce their own movies was settled on, and Marvel Studios opened above a Mercedes-Benz dealership in Beverly Hills. The frugal businessman was so concerned with Iron Man's profit potential that he wanted to serve only crisps at the premiere. Little did anyone expect it to make $585 million.

1. A Failed Deal With 20th Century Fox

Daredevil has been a massive hit for Marvel after debuting on Netflix, but it seems like the character was never a priority for Kevin Feige. After all, he handed him off to Marvel Television when they regained the rights, despite Joss Whedon insisting that the Man Without Fear be given his own movie. Feige even admitted to having not had time to watch the entire series during the press tour for Avengers: Age Of Ultron, showing what a limited creative role he likely had in it.

In fact, when Fox came close to rebooting Daredevil with Joe Carnahan (The Grey) with only months to go before the rights would return to Marvel, Feige is reported to have offered them a deal. They would allow the studio the extra time they needed to get the 1970s set reboot into production in exchange for the rights to Fantastic Four characters Galactus and Silver Surfer. Sensing that they were probably being played, Fox refused to make the deal.

It is however hard to not wonder just how different both Guardians And The Galaxy and Avengers: Infinity War would have been with those two icons in Marvel and Feige's hands. Still, after the dismal performance of the 2015 reboot, they may still get them back!

6 Shocking Behind The Scenes Stories You Never Knew About MARVEL STUDIOS

4. Kevin Feige v Avi Arad: Dawn Of...Something

Despite helping to at least open the door for superhero movies, producer Avi Arad is widely credited for running the Spider-Man franchise into the ground with the creative decisions he forced on both Spider-Man 3 and The Amazing Spider-Man movies. Kevin Feige and Arad don't get along, and when the latter quit Marvel in 2006 due to a lack of faith in their ideas for a Cinematic Universe, it was Feige who would soon take over as the studio's head.

Arad has since tried to take credit for creating Marvel's slate, despite at one time happily agreeing to produce a movie which would have seen Iron Man unable to fly and dressed by his toaster. This has created a lot of tension between the two, and explains why Arad was so dead set against Spider-Man ever joining The Avengers when interviewed in 2014.

Feige however would emerge victorious; it's been widely reported that he was insistent that Arad have absolutely no involvement with Marvel and Sony's reboot of Spider-Man, something which we now know to be the case!
good lord

About Spiderman:
Like I said, Spiderman was my favorite part about the movie. Tobey's Spiderman seemed to always have his hormones kicking it everytime he sees MJ and gets very emotional. Andrew's Spiderman was your typical cocky rebellious teenager. This Spiderman is this naive kid who's trying to figure out what it means to be a hero and fight. He kept asking Tony "What do I do now? What do I do now? What do I do now?" The guys fighting him couldn't even figure out how yo fight him.

I knew Feige and Arad had problems but I did not know it was that bad :lol: That's bigger than the whole Ike stuff. The other stuff shows what Feige holds as a priority. Kinda disheartening to hear that about DD but I'm not susprised he was trying to make a deal to get F4 back sooner.

I am thinking what if Whedon had his way for a DD movie to be made.

As far as the cheap stuff goes with Ike, I believe it all. Given he's the dude that steered the publisher and company through bankruptcy it makes all the sense in the world he's super frugal :lol: That racist **** should be checked but it is such a common offense to attach to somebody so I can't put much worth in it being true. I think it's more likely nobody would care if Terrance Howard got replaced cuz Don Cheadle is the better actor in every shape and form.

Only thing they dont own is movie rights...everything else remains da same..that revisionist history is petty for fans...
What they're trying to do for say the next 2 decades is make it so only a few comics and FOX-Men movies are the only things promoting the X-Men and some of their closely connected characters (as well as the F4 but it's up in the air if FOX will give that back after they crashed and burned with that last movie) so that these current generations will not grow up loving the X-Men like we did but the Avengers, Inhumans, Defenders, and Spider-Man (as usual). They're trying to make Dr. Strange and Captain Marvel household names for children. So then the money train will be driving itself all over again when these kids are in their teens and onward.

Ike (dude running Marvel Ent. except for the studio now) and Disney as a whole wants the FULL rights to everything of their properties. They're not happy with just pieces. It probably annoys them more that this one part is owned by them.

Same situation with FOX owning the Star Wars prequel movies, some other studio owning Hulk distribution, Namor being owned by Universal, etc.

Last edited:
:wow:

Captain America: Civil War is in many ways a well assembled summer movie. The action and humor really sing, and the film goes at such a fast pace that its flaws simply may not matter to some. I genuinely wish I could be one of those people, but this time, I just can’t. This was the film that was supposed to change everything, and it changes absolutely nothing. It only occasionally will bring out the human touch that makes for the best of the Marvel films, which is borderline unforgivable in a story that was so clearly supposed to be fueled by emotion. Ultimately, this is the movie that feels like it was made by the directors of You, Me, and Dupree. Going into the film I was emphatically team Cap; now I’m team nobody

:wow:

Captain America: Civil War is in many ways a well assembled summer movie. The action and humor really sing, and the film goes at such a fast pace that its flaws simply may not matter to some. I genuinely wish I could be one of those people, but this time, I just can’t. This was the film that was supposed to change everything, and it changes absolutely nothing. It only occasionally will bring out the human touch that makes for the best of the Marvel films, which is borderline unforgivable in a story that was so clearly supposed to be fueled by emotion. Ultimately, this is the movie that feels like it was made by the directors of You, Me, and Dupree. Going into the film I was emphatically team Cap; now I’m team nobody
:lol:

Maybe I should go watch You, Me & Dupree.

Link to who wrote this?

I was worried about resolution of the story. It is more than just about superheroes fighting each other. We shall see in a few weeks.

Last edited:
:lol:

Maybe I should go watch You, Me & Dupree.

Link to who wrote this?

I was worried about resolution of the story. It is more than just about superheroes fighting each other. We shall see in a few weeks.

Here you go. He's the only one to give the movie a rotten score so far. To be fair, he says the loved The Winter Soldier, so idk if he just wants clicks or if he was really that disappointed.

http://theyoungfolks.com/review/movie-review-captain-america-civil-war/76890

I'm going to avoid this thread until I've seen the film, but I'm pretty sure the worst part of this movie will be the fact that the directors are from Cleveland.

Back
Top Bottom