WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

So I don't read the comics. Just curious is it confirmed Cap is homosexual in the comics? Thanks in advance.

I mean.. we don't want to assume.. and we ain't trying judge

But in the MCU, it does seem like he's bottling a lot in and lashing out kinda unnecessarily

I mean it's not making a huge leap to say that back in the 1940s that sort of thing was kinda frowned upon.. but obviously times have change quite a bit

But cap has to come to terms with himself before he can seemingly address some of his issues.. maybe he should seek some therapeutic help, but again that's a big step.. maybe that will be huge with his communication and anger issues

Hawkeye made his decision that just happened to coincide with how Cap felt, that's why he didn't sign the accords and why he ended up doing what he did. The narratives are outrageous lol.

Was already retired.. he was never given the offer to sign the accords

Tony is the main reason many of the world changing events in the MCU took place. He cloned an evil Thor with the sole purpose of hunting down those who were his friends. Ultron was his fault. He also established the Illuminati, this is who y'all support?

MCU-Marvel Cinematic Universe, ergo the recent films produced by Marvel for their various comic book properties. Evil Thor and the Illuminti are comic book concepts, with Ultron being his fault then being an MCU concept. That leaves him responsible, partially responsible actually, since Banner helped him create Ultron and Wanda messed with his mind to influence it, for only 1 of the 3 things you just accused him of doing that caused "many of the world changing events" in the MCU. Just saying. Unless you're speaking of the character concept as a whole, comparing or contrasting different interpretations of the character(s), or talking about future storylines it's probably best to not try mixing universes in such a way.

Tony is the main reason many of the world changing events in the MCU took place. He cloned an evil Thor with the sole purpose of hunting down those who were his friends. Ultron was his fault. He also established the Illuminati, this is who y'all support?

MCU-Marvel Cinematic Universe, ergo the recent films produced by Marvel for their various comic book properties. Evil Thor and the Illuminti are comic book concepts, with Ultron being his fault then being an MCU concept. That leaves him responsible, partially responsible actually, since Banner helped him create Ultron and Wanda messed with his mind to influence it, for only 1 of the 3 things you just accused him of doing that caused "many of the world changing events" in the MCU. Just saying. Unless you're speaking of the character concept as a whole, comparing or contrasting different interpretations of the character(s), or talking about future storylines it's probably best to not try mixing universes in such a way.

Why does it seem that he still behaves the same in Civil War? :nerd:

Why does it seem that he still behaves the same in Civil War? :nerd:

You're saying that Tony Stark behaves the same way in the film that he does in the comic? Because if that's what you're saying i'm going to have to ask if you've actually read the comic. Not only is the basic argument at hand different, but the manner in which both side goes about handling it is also different. Really, the only thing I can think of that Tony does that's similar to his comic counterpart is the basic action of going after Steve. This isn't because Steve won't sign the Accords however, as it was in the comics with the Superhuman Registration Act. It was because Steve was with a wanted man, Winter Soldier at the time and had, in fact, helped said man to escape. It was really more about Winter Soldier than it was Captain America, and it then escalated after the fight at the airport. The initial "civil war", however, immediately ends after Tony gains the information about Zola. It then only continues because Steve gets in the way of Tony attacking Bucky, after Tony's found out that Bucky killed his parents. This last part especially is completely different from the reasons that Tony Stark and Steve Rogers came to blows in the comics, giving both characters motives that are not present in the comics. Not really seeing how Tony's behaving too much like his comic counterpart, seeing as he didn't clone Thor, didn't work with any villains, didn't create a prison to hold fellow heroes in, and really didn't actively pursue any heroes to bring them in for not signing the Accords, since he, again, only went after Cap to begin with because Cap was with Bucky.

Doesn't seem like you really read the comic to be honest. :nerd:

You're saying that Tony Stark behaves the same way in the film that he does in the comic? Because if that's what you're saying i'm going to have to ask if you've actually read the comic. Not only is the basic argument at hand different, but the manner in which both side goes about handling it is also different. Really, the only thing I can think of that Tony does that's similar to his comic counterpart is the basic action of going after Steve. This isn't because Steve won't sign the Accords however, as it was in the comics with the Superhuman Registration Act. It was because Steve was with a wanted man, Winter Soldier at the time and had, in fact, helped said man to escape. It was really more about Winter Soldier than it was Captain America, and it then escalated after the fight at the airport. The initial "civil war", however, immediately ends after Tony gains the information about Zola. It then only continues because Steve gets in the way of Tony attacking Bucky, after Tony's found out that Bucky killed his parents. This last part especially is completely different from the reasons that Tony Stark and Steve Rogers came to blows in the comics, giving both characters motives that are not present in the comics. Not really seeing how Tony's behaving too much like his comic counterpart, seeing as he didn't clone Thor, didn't work with any villains, didn't create a prison to hold fellow heroes in, and really didn't actively pursue any heroes to bring them in for not signing the Accords, since he, again, only went after Cap to begin with because Cap was with Bucky.

I'm referencing his behavior during the events of AoU, and what led him to being responsible for the events that transpired, yes Banner and Wanda played a role, but even in the events leading up to Civil War (the Movie), it's clear to see that the regret of his past and wanting to protect people backfires and always leads to even more destruction. It may not all be completely intentional, but he certainly is no hero.

Cap knew the whole time about Tony's parents man

:smh:

This is probably the only thing I can agree with y'all for sure that Cap handled the situation wrong. Of course, that's never an easy discussion to have and he more so was saving himself from having that happen then relaying the heart breaking information to Tony.

I'm referencing his behavior during the events of AoU, and what led him to being responsible for the events that transpired, yes Banner and Wanda played a role, but even in the events leading up to Civil War (the Movie), it's clear to see that the regret of his past and wanting to protect people backfires and always leads to even more destruction. It may not all be completely intentional, but he certainly is no hero.

First of all, Banner and Wanda did not just play a role. They were integral to what happened. Ultron was a joint venture between Bruce Banner and Tony Stark. You literally can't have the final product without one of the men and they were both doing it in order to better protect the world, just like they worked to create the Hulkbuster in order to specifically stop the Hulk were he to go out of control. Wanda's mental manipulations then just pushed Tony into overdrive by filling him with doubt/fear about an unprotected world. Singling Tony out as being responsible doesn't actually apply to what happened in the film we're now speaking about.

Not sure on the next point. Yeah, he's got regrets. Does it always backfire? I don't really think so.

I don't really see how Tony's any less of a hero than any other Avenger to be honest.

But I really don't see how Tony behaves the same in Civil War as he does in either the comics, if you're talking about that, or as in his first appearances in Iron Man and Iron Man 2. His motivations by the point of Civil War and general way of doing business are completely different from how he operated in his first two films.

Last edited:
This is probably the only thing I can agree with y'all for sure that Cap handled the situation wrong. Of course, that's never an easy discussion to have and he more so was saving himself from having that happen then relaying the heart breaking information to Tony.

Saving himself? Clearly, he was saving Bucky. Tony would've found him in 2 seconds while it took Scumbag Rogers 2 years.

It was either sign the accords or retire. I, too would not want to give up my rights and have my actions controlled by a governing body with changing and corrupt interests.

Do yourself a solid, go back and watch every film before trying to tell us what we ALL know alr say. Clint was ALREADY retired before the Accords were created.

Back
Top Bottom