WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

new armor
robert-downey-jr-films-avengers-infinity-war-with-benedict-cumberbatch-02.jpg

robert-downey-jr-films-avengers-infinity-war-with-benedict-cumberbatch-22.jpg

robert-downey-jr-films-avengers-infinity-war-with-benedict-cumberbatch-14.jpg

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING: New Details Emerge About The Sony/Marvel Studios Deal

The Los Angeles Times has a very interesting piece up about the deal between Marvel Studios and Sony Pictures which brought Spider-Man into the Marvel Cinematic Universe and it starts with a look back at what exactly the latter group had planned following the release of The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Apparently, they realised that something had to change following the release of that disappointing sequel and their ideas included a new standalone series and a reintroduction for the wall-crawler through the scrapped Sinister Six movie. Both ideas were deemed to be too "convoluted," however.

Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige actually approached Amy Pascal back in 2014 with the idea that Spider-Man should be brought into the MCU but it was a meeting in early 2015 between Sony's then top two executives Michael Lynton and Amy Pascal at the home of Marvel Entertainment Chief Executive Isaac Perlmutter that sealed the deal and saw Feige handed the reigns to the franchise.

Sony paid for Spider-Man: Homecoming and will keep all profits from it, but money did change hands when they paid Marvel an undisclosed producers fee for their help. However, they're expected to benefit from a huge surge in merchandising as Marvel actually owns the rights to that side of things.

While Feige was given creative control, Sony's Amy Pascal remained instrumental in many key decisions including the casting of Tom Holland, the development of the script and the hiring of Cop Car director Jon Watts. She also played a huge part in the development of Michael Keaton's Vulture and while the reboot was shot in Atlanta, it was edited and scored on the Sony lot in Culver City.

Actress Laura Harrier hopes that she'll be able to suit up as the heroic Firestar in the sequel.

"I hope Liz gets powers, because that’s what happens in the comics," she tells Screen Rant. "She becomes like Firestar, and she can like light things on fire."

The character made her first appearance in the Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends animated series back in 1981, but it was Angelica Jones in the costume. However, in the Ultimate Universe, Liz became Firestar.

*cue lame*

Last edited:
You Rannng? >D

Eh, I'm good on ultimate firestar. Plus even though she made her debut on Spider-Man and his amazing friends, she's mostly known for being an Xmen.

Harrier bae shouldn't be one and done after this film though, but she most likely is :smh:

Last edited:
ohhh I thought you were gon' dive deeper and let us all know that her mutant powers were activated after an encounter with Human Torch in the Ultimates versions

:smh:

you slippin'

:lol: Firestar's whole existence is just a Jr. version of Human Torch. I don't want too many references to ultimate but it seems like it's going that way in terms of Spider-Man.

Glad y'all are slowly coming around to the obvious though :nerd:

#F4byke

Last edited:
nah, you can't convince me unless you catch every little detail by reaching to the farthest depths of the cosmic universe

nah, you can't convince me unless you catch every little detail by reaching to the farthest depths of the cosmic universe

View media item 2477190
View media item 2477191
View media item 2477192
First appearances.............

For someone saying the F4 isn't coming to Marvel, Feige sure is using a lot of references from their comics. I mean did we really need to see the Watchers? What purpose did they serve for the plot of Guardians 2 or anything else going forward. They were an "easter egg" because of what they implied. Reed, Sue, Johnny and Ben are coming.

Last edited:
That is kind of corny
It's an irrelevant tidbit. I was more talking about the things getting worse comment. Amel hasn't been excited for the movie for obvious reasons. It's getting rave reviews, and since he never wants to admit when he's wrong, he's gonna keep the stance 
laugh.gif
 . Excited for it or not, how are things getting worse? With the praise, things are getting better, especially after people had their doubts.
It really just hit me that they're giving us Spider-Man with web wings
eek.gif
Bruh. That been in the trailer. How you just now seeing that? I understand tho, I too was blinded by LizBae

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom