WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

Too much going against the grain in here. ****** tryna say a film where Spider-Man loses his powers because his feelings are hurt is the best Spider-Man film. If y'all don't get the **** outta here :lol: You ever see Spider-Man put his suit on?!

1.) Spider-Man: Homecoming
2.) Guardians of the Galaxy 2
3.) Captain America: Civil War
4.) Avengers: Age of Ultron
5.) Avengers
6.) Dr. Strange
7.) Captain America: The Winter Soldier
8.) Iron Man
9.) Ant Man
10.) Thor: Dark World
11.) Captain America: The First Avenger
12.) The Incredible Hulk
13.) Iron Man 3
14.) Iron Man 2
15.) Thor
16.) Guardian of the Galaxy

Thank me later.

She was giving me the "Spider-Man fatigue" speech before too :lol:

She said some dude at her job broke down the Sony/Marvel situation in extreme detail but she tuned it out.

She ain't really bout this Spidey life like me anyway

Too much going against the grain in here. ****** tryna say a film where Spider-Man loses his powers because his feelings are hurt is the best Spider-Man film. If y'all don't get the **** outta here :lol: You ever see Spider-Man put his suit on?!

5.) Avengers
6.) Dr. Strange
8.) Iron Man
9.) Ant Man
12.) The Incredible Hulk
13.) Iron Man 3
14.) Iron Man 2
15.) Thor

Thank me later.

Nah.

Why did it seem that Homecoming Spidey was more scaled back compared to Civil War Spidey? He seemed more talkative and stronger in Civil War compared to Homecoming. It feels like y'all mans was gettin worked in most of the fighting scenes.

Gotta say this, Andrew Garfield's Spidey > Tom Holland's Spidey

5.) Avengers
6.) Dr. Strange
8.) Iron Man
9.) Ant Man
12.) The Incredible Hulk
13.) Iron Man 3
14.) Iron Man 2
15.) Thor

Thank me later.

View media item 2487363
View media item 2487364

Last edited:
Why did it seem that Homecoming Spidey was more scaled back compared to Civil War Spidey? He seemed more talkative and stronger in Civil War compared to Homecoming. It feels like y'all mans was gettin worked in most of the fighting scenes.

View media item 2487363

He did. And falcon. But there is a difference in fighting them versus battling dudes with chitauri powered weapons

He seemed more seasoned in CW but I don't see how or who worked him in HC. Any hit he took in that movie were by weapons he did not expect to pack such a punch. He learned after the first attack for most of them.

In CW, sorry but beating those dudes wasn't hard for Spidey. Plus its the implied fact that both sides were not fighting to kill but to stop/escape.

Tony even said scumbag Steve would've took Peter out if he wanted and that's due to his fight experience but if Peter was about that killing life and not holding back it'd be a different story.

HC mainly wanted to paint the picture of Spidey still being young and new, dealing with street level crime with the bonus of alien tech. So that explains any fight scenes where you feel he was struggling.

Last edited:
We just watched Peter lift a building off himself while last year y'all was tryna argue if Captain America was stronger than Spider-Man :rolleyes Peter was pretty talkative in all his fights except for the Vulture battle at the end at that point the stakes for him were pretty high to where he serious. Too much going against the grain mentality.

I purposely didn't bother mentioning his fight with Falcon because snuffing Falcon is a prerequisite for any up and coming hero :lol:

As a black man I need BP to be better than Homecoming.

See I'm just hoping for GOTG, get out and a couple others.. movies that are different, but excel

I'm trying to think of the perfect movie to compare exactly what i I want, but can't come up with it right now

Obviously I want the commercial success.. but I want it to be itself or at least be as much of itself as it can be (hence my reference to GOTG)

Actually the more I think of it, I want the first 3 seasons of boondocks.. the first season of Atlanta.. the first 2 seasons of chapelle show

We just watched Peter lift a building off himself while last year y'all was tryna argue if Captain America was stronger than Spider-Man :rolleyes Peter was pretty talkative in all his fights except for the Vulture battle at the end at that point the stakes for him were pretty high to where he serious. Too much going against the grain mentality.

Or too much fanboyism. It's just an honest observation. If you were to watch both Homecoming and Civil War you would assume Civil War was after Homecoming rather than it being the other way around. Granted his role in CW wasn't nearly as lengthy as in HC, but he did seemed more polished/refined in CW.

Maybe he did trash talk more than I remember in HC but it didn't appear so after one watch, at least from what I remember. Regardless, I don't think after one film I can definitely say Tom Holland is the best Spider-Man/Peter Parker we've seen to date. I'm also not ready to crown Homecoming as the best Spidey film to date. I think there's a lot of people suffering from that "new car smell" dilemma after seeing HC.

However, loved Vulture and his entire look. Best scene that didn't involve Tony/IM was him being trapped under the building. You forget Spidey is just a kid until you hear him crying out for help the way he did.

I also like how the movie showed that Spider-Man walks both worlds. He can go big time helping the Avengers but that he prefers to look after the streets and the "little guy" like Daredevil and co. I could totally see Spidey crossing over to the Netflix shows (won't happen tho). That was probably the biggest takeaway from the film for me.

Or too much fanboyism. It's just an honest observation. If you were to watch both Homecoming and Civil War you would assume Civil War was after Homecoming rather than it being the other way around. Granted his role in CW wasn't nearly as lengthy as in HC, but he did seemed more polished/refined in CW.

Maybe he did trash talk more than I remember in HC but it didn't appear so after one watch, at least from what I remember. Regardless, I don't think after one film I can definitely say Tom Holland is the best Spider-Man/Peter Parker we've seen to date. I'm also not ready to crown Homecoming as the best Spidey film to date. I think there's a lot of people suffering from that "new car smell" dilemma after seeing HC.
He didn't look more polished in CW. He was doing exactly the same. The difference is that in HC, they had Chitauri based weapons, so of course there's gonna be more damage.

How is it new car smell when people were supposed to be tired of spiderman in the first place?

Last edited:
By the way I screamed when I saw Hannibal was the gym teacher. Dude is hilarious without even trying.

War criminal line had me dying

By the way I screamed when I saw Hannibal was the gym teacher. Dude is hilarious without even trying.

War criminal line had me dying
Crazy seeing him in Baywatch and then this. I hope he's a recurring teacher. 

Dude should be bigger than he is. That Cosby joke kinda did it in for him.

He didn't look more polished in CW. He was doing exactly the same. The difference is that in HC, they had Chitauri based weapons, so of course there's gonna be more damage.

How is it new car smell when people were supposed to be tired of spiderman in the first place?

He did to me. It was almost obvious imo. Definitely seemed like he took a step backwards. Again, Civil War Spidey seemed like an improved version of Homecomings.

And to your comment about people being tired of seeing Spider-Man, I heard that a few times compared to the thousands who were excited for it especially after Civil War.

Again, I just think some people are in awe over the newest MCU film. How you gonna put this movie #1 overall when it's arguably not even the best Spidey film? No uncle Ben (was there even a reference?), no muscle head Flash Thompson, and black MJ.

It was good, really good. But better than IM1?! **** NO! Lol

To say Spider-Man was more "polished" in CW is a lie.
He had the upper hand in the battle against Falcon & Bucky but got sent out the window due to loss of concentration trying to "Impress Mr.Stark." Also, he went for the legs against Captain America but ended up getting cocky and slightly got washed by Steve.
With Vulture and the weapons used I don't believe he was expecting it or prepared for the situation. Compared to CW, I'm sure Stark had a game plan.
I liked this teen Spider-Man still learning his powers and spidey senses. Toby & Garfield's Spider-Man both had their powers down pretty quick. I'm sure by Infinity War he'll be better, he has to.

Last edited:
And to your comment about people being tired of seeing Spider-Man, I heard that a few times compared to the thousands who were excited for it especially after Civil War.

Again, I just think some people are in awe over the newest MCU film. How you gonna put this movie #1 overall when it's arguably not even the best Spidey film? No uncle Ben (was there even a reference?), no muscle head Flash Thompson, and black MJ.

It was good, really good. But better than IM1?! **** NO! Lol
Well, around here, and other comments I've read, it was the other way around. People hated the dude who was flash, and the fact that it was a film with him in HS. Hell, most people here wasn't even excited for it.

If Uncle Ben was in it, folks would've been saying we've already seen that. And we didn't need to see it. He was referenced twice. And we don't know for sure yet that's the route they're going with her. Her name still is Michelle.

Last edited:
If Uncle Ben was in it, folks would've been saying we've already seen that. And we don't know for sure yet that's the route they're going with her. Her name still is Michelle.

Lol her name is still Michelle yet they decide to have her say that her family or whatever calls her MJ. How many different MJ's are there in Spider-Man?

Also, the building scene would've been the perfect time to have an Uncle Ben appearance. No one would've disagreed with that.

Last edited:
Lol her name is still Michelle yet they decide to have her say that her family or whatever calls her MJ. How many different MJ's are there in Spider-Man?
I'm going for an entirely new character and that they threw that in as a nod. I refuse to believe Watts will just forget about Mary Jane. Refuse.

Back
Top Bottom