WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

Imagine if Marvel got really ballsy & decided to kill off all 3 lol. Wouldnt happen but would be crazy if it did

I think Thor has been precised to meet a certain end in A2, we'll see if that is emphasized further in Ragnarok.

What ya'll think... someone big gets faded at the end of Pt.1?

In my mind there's no way a couple people don't get faded.

Also what are they going to do with the lower powered characters? Like there is no way Hawkeye should be up in space with that got damn slingshot.

If they do battle outside of Earth, they'd probably visit planets that the Guardians been to without that do not require some aid to survive.

In my mind there's no way a couple people don't get faded.

Also what are they going to do with the lower powered characters? Like there is no way Hawkeye should be up in space with that got damn slingshot.

I agree that a few b level characters will get faded, but they gotta have one of the big 3 get it at the end of Pt.1

Lol one thing I was wondered when I read the Infinity Gauntlet story as a kid, was how tf are all these super heroes breathing in space? I low key thought that Cap should have had a damn astronaut suit

I agree that a few b level characters will get faded, but they gotta have one of the big 3 get it at the end of Pt.1

Lol one thing I was wondered when I read the Infinity Gauntlet story as a kid, was how tf are all these super heroes breathing in space? I low key thought that Cap should have had a damn astronaut suit

I could see them getting 2 of the big 3 out of the paint. Under the mindset that Thanos will be wielding an incomplete gauntlet, I can see a gang of them getting murked in which soon after Strange will undo it all. Towards the end of the movie Thanos will complete the gauntlet and body a few of them for good.

They better pull some ish with Strange or Scarlet Witch reviving folks. Lessen the impact of the storyline

We have to look at who's all appearing, and who will have future movie dates.

Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, Spiderman, Black Panther, Ant Man, Wasp, Hulk (was confirmed to have a major arc in 3 and 4)

Those who may die: Cap, IM, Thor, BW, Clint, Scarlet Witch, Vision, War Machine, Falcon, Winter Soldier, a few Guardians members

DFCa5NVV0AA1hky.jpg:orig

DFCa5NWVYAAxrg6.jpg:orig

DFCa5NWV0AAQiqQ.jpg:orig

Most likely is Cap.

Noooo

Also Thor would suck to die. Dude is a gawd. I feel like he hasn't really been done justice too.

Most likely is Cap.

Noooo

Also Thor would suck to die. Dude is a gawd. I feel like he hasn't really been done justice too.

Same way I feel. They could do so much with the Thor franchise. He needs to be given a more important role.

Lol bunch of Thanos' in here obsessed with death. Not sure if Disney is gonna want multiple major players dying. If anyone dies at all I'll call Vision (for the infinity gem he possesses) Scarlett Witch (because she is an Xmen and without her brother and other Xmen/brotherhood of mutants there's not much to do with her character and her power set has already been diminished to accommodate Strange's powerset for causal audiences) and Captain America (because he was expected to die in civil war and two other characters have already been established to take his place) but these are also the 3 I see have the easiest time returning through being rebuilt, revived with magic and being hit with a bullet that places them in suspended animation lol. Over/under on black widow as well. So unexpected but easily able to tug on fans emotions because her character has been so well established throughout many of the films. Plus I don't see the solo film coming when Cap Marvel got one first and has Nick Fury involved

‘Wonder Woman’ To Whip ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2’ As Summer’s Highest-Grossing Film; 2nd Best Of 2017
anthony-dalessandro.png

by Anthony D'Alessandro July 18, 2017 2:31pm
wonder-woman-ii.jpg

Warner Bros.
As we first pointed out Friday night, Warner Bros./DC’s Wonder Woman will fly over Disney/Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 at the domestic box office this coming weekend with more than $387M. This easily will make Wonder Woman the highest-grossing title of the domestic summer B.O. and the second best so far this year after Disney’s Beauty and the Beast ($504M).

Related
'War For The Planet Of The Apes' Marshals $46M In Bow; 'Spider-Man' Rises To $261M Overseas -...

DC beating a Marvel title at the summer box office?

That’s a feat no one saw coming at the start of the season, especially after Wonder Woman opened to 30% less than GOTG2‘s bow, $103.2M to $146.5M. Last summer, Disney/Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War was summer’s top-grossing live-action title with $408M, outstripping both WB/DC’s August release Suicide Squad ($325M) and Easter/spring title Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice ($330.4M).

ADVERTISING
inRead invented by Teads
Wonder Woman counts $381.5M through Monday, about $5.15M behind GOTG2‘s $386.7M. Among the first chapters for a solo superhero series, Wonder Woman is the second best on the all-time U.S./Canada B.O. chart after Sony/Marvel’s 2002 Spider-Man ($403.7M). She’s also the third-highest-grossing Warner Bros. release of all time stateside after The Dark Knight ($534.9M) and The Dark Knight Rises ($448.1M) –both DC titles — and the pic recently clicked past Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 ($381M).

Warner Bros.
Wonder Woman counts several benchmarks in what has been a sleepy summer with flagging ticket sales overall and plummeting exhibition stocks. The Patty Jenkins-directed movie notched the best opening ever for a title by a female director and the best global haul for a live-action film directed by a woman. In the wake of such low-budget duds as Fist Fight, CHIPS, The House and Unforgettable as well as big-budget bombs like King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, Wonder Woman stands as an oasis at the 2017 box office for WB, easily the studio’s biggest title followed by The Lego Batman Movie ($175.8M) and Kong: Skull Island ($168M). Despite the combined $1.6 billion worldwide B.O. success of WB’s DC titles Suicide Squad and Batman v. Superman last year, both were met with a lukewarm response from audiences and an even worse slapping by critics. Wonder Woman suffered neither, with an A CinemaScore and a Rotten Tomatoes rating of 92% Fresh. The A CinemaScore comes with a 3.6 box office multiple off a pic’s opening, and that’s exactly where Wonder Woman stands right now.

For star Gal Gadot, Wonder Woman easily is her highest-grossing film at the domestic B.O. It’s her second to cross the $300M threshold after BvS, with the DC superhero easily blowing smoke in the face of the actress’ Fast and Furious titles: Fast and Furious ($155M), Fast Five ($209.8M) and Fast & Furious 6 ($238.7M).

Wonder Woman‘s stateside climb has been one of soft weekend-to-weekend declines, which have averaged 37% each weekend during its run. By comparison, GOTG2 logged an average of -42% each weekend in its first six weekends following its opening. Most superhero movies can drop anywhere between 55% to the low 60%-tile in their second go-round, and Wonder Woman only dipped 43%.

A lot of this box office momentum can be attributed to the strong turnout by female audiences who have been waiting for this classic superhero’s big screen debut. With any four-quad superhero movie, there’s never any concern about guys showing up; it’s typically the females who trail just a tad behind. But in comScore/Screen Engine’s PostTrak audience polls, women outweighed men 55% to 45% when it came to buying tickets to Wonder Woman, with females ages 25 and up (32%) leading the way, followed by men 25+ (29%) and women under 25 (23%). Forty percent bought tickets because they had been waiting for a Wonder Woman movie, while 28% bought tickets because they’re Gadot fans.

Speaking of the Israeli actress, she will be at San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday along with the Justice League team, breaking more DC news.

If Marvel’s Star Lord gang has any bragging rights over Diana Prince this summer, it’s at the foreign and global tills, where Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 boasts $472.7M abroad and a $859.4M worldwide cume to Wonder Woman‘s $385.3M foreign take and $766.8M global B.O. Unlike last summer, when Captain America: Civil War and Finding Dory easily eclipsed the $1 billion mark worldwide, no summer release has clicked past that mark to date. This leaves Beauty and the Beast and Fate of the Furious as the only 2017 titles to gross more than $1 billion.

Back
Top Bottom