WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

Apes though taking the #1 domestic spot is a slight bomb. It opened up with 102 mil world wide. Homecoming did 117 when it opened domestically alone. War of the apes also opened lower than Dawn of the apes. Homecoming is doing very well considering it released around a load of critically acclaimed films. It's also making a killing overseas.

Plus Apes was coming off a great sequel and it's the last entry to the trilogy. I still thought Spidey could hold onto first though because its the MCU Spidey but it's just tough competition. APes didn't come off unscathed either, it opened less than it's predecessor and like I said in the Spidey thread, one of them should have opened on Aug 11 because there's no blockbuster competition til Kingsman2 comes out on Sep 22 which gives the film a little more than a month of BO all to itself.

I do think there were some people who are tired of seeing Peter in HS and just want to see him as an adult like the cartoon they grew up watching.

Dudes been adult almost his whole existence.

They just going off the ultimate universe. With a scrawny Peter

Thanos in the sleeveless tee reminds me of that dude that takes off his shirt to fight. You're going to need complete shoulder freedom and range of motion to throw them hands. :pimp:

Ha. Now i'm imagining thanos getting drunk and wanting to fight people.

We had a dude named Vinnie that would take his shirt off and go out on the front lawn at every frat party and try to fight people. If that's the Thanos we're getting I'll go see it twice.

Hickman's Avengers and New Avengers lead up to Infinity is my favorite read from this century but the actual event wasn't great. Although it's essential to the full lead up to Secret Wars. I heard the full arc actually starts in Hickman's FF but you don't have to start there.

Thanos Might Not Get All Of The Infinity Stones In Avengers: Infinity War

Like the comic book Thanos, Josh Brolin's iteration of the Mad Titan has had only one goal in the Marvel Cinematic Universe: to obtain the six Infinity Stones. Each of those Stones is powerful on their own, but when all six are inserted into the Infinity Gauntlet, Thanos will be able to twist reality as he sees fit. Avengers: Infinity War will see Thanos trying to collect all these artifacts for himself, but according to Brolin, he may not succeed in obtaining all of them by the time the movie is over. When asked if Thanos will put all six Stones into the Gauntlet in Infinity War, Brolin said:

There's a few in there, and he's always pining to get another one in there. So ultimately we don't know. I haven't done the second movie, so I don't know.

Wow, if Thanos is already washing folks without all the Infinity Stones. RIP lol

How did it go down in the comics; because I can't see a feasible way they beat Thanos equipped with da icy fist. Unless it's one of those situations where he beats himself.

How did it go down in the comics; because I can't see a feasible way they beat Thanos equipped with da icy fist. Unless it's one of those situations where he beats himself.

It was like a technicality, at least I see it that way. Thanos fought Eternity and won and became god or like Eternity himself and that means leaving his body where Nebula takes the gauntlet and undid everything Thanos did. I might be missing more detail but that's how I vaguely remember it.

In Infinity,
Thanos didn't have the gauntlet but was still whooping everyone but then his son Thane pretty much put him on his death stasis or whatever the death power one of his hands have.

Sorry, forgot to edit the ending to Infinity arc, some were just asking about it and don't want to ruin it for those that haven't read it yet.

You gotta think that a good number of the big players are gonna bite the dust during the Infinity War.

Marvel has to push their new heroes during Phase 4.

I'm thinking anyone that has a legacy character in the comics minus Captain Marvel and Spider-Man might bite it.

Can't wait to see AI Tony on the screen

I think that Marvel said that Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America would only have 3 solo films. At least with the actors who currently play the roles.

Seeing as how all of those characters have their trilogies, one of them has to be a candidate to go. My gut says Cap, but I hope not lol.

I have a feeling it's going to be Cap. He's in exile (hence the beard in the IW trailer) and will come back as Nomad and then likely sacrifice himself in A4, maybe instead of Nebula grabbing the gauntlet like in the comics, it's Steve that does and dies from it (like how Quill was going to die while holding one of the stones but at a faster rate because it's the whole gauntlet). Not to mention A4 is the last film in his contract.

At the end of Part 1, I feel like Vision would get wrecked and probably die, Hawkeye will likely finally seal his faith. I wouldn't be surprised if Thor dies in the end of A4 too.

Back
Top Bottom