WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

The only way Homecoming surprises people is if it under-performs, many analysts thought this was going to be huge especially after the rave reviews.

No one is going to be surprised if the film makes more than a bil but many will be astonished if it makes a lot less.

Homecoming however just had the smallest Sunday to monday drop of all superhero films released this year.

lol despite: SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING SUFFERS LARGEST SECOND-WEEKEND BOX OFFICE DROP OF THE MCU

again I do think after all said is done, Homecoming will do great and supass ASM2's $700m easy

but as I said earlier, some of these BOs a phenomenon

Fast 8 did a billion overseas by itself and only did 225 mil domestic. 300 million came from China ALONE.

Spidey isn't going to make that much in China, F8 actually made $392m in China while Transformers4 made $320m and Transformers5 already at $226m.

In comparison, Civil War only made $180m and ASM2 made $94m. I am not sure it can reach CW numbers, probably surpass ASM2 but being delayed in China could also affect it as it might release with more competition at the same time (it doesn't even have a release date yet). Major fear is bootleg and I believe China is leading in that category and the more bootleg copies and longer they've been on the streets, the less the theaters will make. Another is that China i sbeing more restrictive because they want their domestic films to be a bigger part of the box office numbers and them letting in more foreign films dropped that number significantly. So we'll see how much they can conjure up.

IMG_0584.JPG

Hot Toys!

Curious to see how many scenes we'll see Hulk in the arena. I hope it isn't just against Thor and then they venture off together.

Curious to see how many scenes we'll see Hulk in the arena. I hope it isn't just against Thor and then they venture off together.
damn right. im hoping they don't do a whole "Hulk was IN the movie" but wasn't apart of it. so the arena scene is the only time you see him

The movie is being pegged as a buddy col film. Of course you're gonna see more than that. I imagine that happens in the first, segwaying to the second act of the film

The movie is being pegged as a buddy col film. Of course you're gonna see more than that. I imagine that happens in the first, segwaying to the second act of the film
Right. What I meant to say is that I hope we get scenes of Hulk fighting in the arena before Thor. To explain a little how he became the Hulk we see in the trailer.

Right. What I meant to say is that I hope we get scenes of Hulk fighting in the arena before Thor. To explain a little how he became the Hulk we see in the trailer.

I don't see it happening . Probably gonna get it through explanation or not even discuss it at all

Definitely seems like the first time we'll see Hulk in the film is against Thor in the arena. I'm just hoping we get a another scene in the arena afterwards where they are working together against somebody else.

I thought Homecoming was going to do around 850, which would put it at the most spiderman has made in years.

But given that huge drop, I'm amending my prediction to mid 700s

Seems like the Tony factor didn't work this time lol

I didn't even mention Cap though.

Don't tell me you think marvel/Sony is going to be happy with making the same money ASM2 did

I didn't even mention Cap though.

Don't tell me you think marvel/Sony is going to be happy with making the same money ASM2 did
Of course they'll be happy. Reception is through the roof. And it had competition with the Apes movie which is a critical and BO hit. Dunkirk is coming out and that will make money. And Valerian comes out next weak. They're not stupid. At least Feige isn't. Pascal may be.

Watched Homecoming again today, and I noticed a mistake in the movie in regards to when Ned says how many pieces the Lego Death Star is. Ned, mentions to Peter that there are approximately 3,800 or so pieces. The first time I watched it, the number seemed wrong, upon this second watching, I knew it was wrong, I have the same exact Death Star, it is 4,016 pieces and not the 3,800 or so that was mentioned in the film. Just a slight observation.

Like someone said before, Sony should've moved the film to August 11th. There would've been no real competition afterwards.

War movies is not typically my kind of film but that Dunkirk is getting some high ratings. Plus I usually don't have problems with Nolan movies.

Back
Top Bottom