WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

I actually like Sony's approach as far as each film having a distict style. That's something Marvel did to an extent with Guardians but completely blew the opportunity with Strange. There is no reason that a Silver Sable and Black Cat movie can't be good if it's well writen. Sometimes films with lesser known characters are better received cuz there are no expectations and less people that will care if they deviate from the comics. See Guardians. The one thing I don't like is that they will potentially involve a different Spider-Man from the MCU. It would be nice if they could make them like the Netflix shows where there are set in the same universe but they don't actually cross over. Hopefully they can work out a deal to allow that. Maybe as part of the deal to keep Spidey in the MCU beyond the Homecoming sequel. Although if it is in the MCU it's too early to introduce Venom. The symbiote MUST be with Peter first.

I think Sony is gonna end up rethinking this whole Spider universe thing. Spider-Man is finally in a good place after about 10 years and yet there's still rumblings of spider fatigue which is what the whole box office for Homecoming not being super dominant is all about. Making a Venom film without involving Spider-Man is just a bad idea all around and with Venom coming after Infinity War and what's sure to be more of the movie stealing Tom Holland Spider-Man they may not want to make people question why Spider-Man was left out of a movie he's fully entitled to be in. They are not in a position to be making a financial gamble like that

I actually like Sony's approach as far as each film having a distict style. That's something Marvel did to an extent with Guardians but completely blew the opportunity with Strange. There is no reason that a Silver Sable and Black Cat movie can't be good if it's well writen. Sometimes films with lesser known characters are better received cuz there are no expectations and less people that will care if they deviate from the comics. See Guardians. The one thing I don't like is that they will potentially involve a different Spider-Man from the MCU. It would be nice if they could make them like the Netflix shows where there are set in the same universe but they don't actually cross over. Hopefully they can work out a deal to allow that. Maybe as part of the deal to keep Spidey in the MCU beyond the Homecoming sequel. Although if it is in the MCU it's too early to introduce Venom. The symbiote MUST be with Peter first.
Just to spice things up they should give us Ben Reilly Spider-Man with no explanation as to how things ended up that way :lol:

Picture a tree. You can only have a strong tree if the roots are strong. If the roots are weak then you will have a poor tree...weak branches.

Sony might want to rethink their Spidey verse.

If their main attraction - Spidey - can't garner dominant interest in the form of 900 mil and up then I'm not sure about how less popular attractions like Venom and such will fare.

Lol, it's true though. You can't build an entire universe around a superhero who's movie might not even break 800. Imagine how the lesser known Spidey verse characters are going to do.

Better for Sony to just let marvel make Spidey movies and for Sony to freeload off of marvel at this point

ASM1s budget's $230m and ASM2s $293m.

In comparison, Homecoming only cost $175m to produce.

I mentioned it earlier but I think a lot of people haven't seen Spider-Man because we just had a reboot a few years ago.

Back when Batman Begins came out in 05 a lot of people passed on it due to the poor quality of the previous ones.

Looks like Spidey is going through the same thing as a lot of people still don't know about MCU movies vs Marvel movies.

I mentioned it earlier but I think a lot of people haven't seen Spider-Man because we just had a reboot a few years ago.

Back when Batman Begins came out in 05 a lot of people passed on it due to the poor quality of the previous ones.

Looks like Spidey is going through the same thing as a lot of people still don't know about MCU movies vs Marvel movies.

Yeah that plays in to it too. If the sequel is to have a civil war style effect, it'll make plenty monies.

comiccon0074.jpg

comiccon0075.jpg

comiccon0089.jpg

I'm sure Sony is targeting budgets of around 50 mil for these spin offs. They won't have to make nearly as much to be considered successful.

My concern is they're not a part of the MCU and it makes it a little murky. Silver Sable and Nightwatch is one thing, but characters like Venom and Kraven shouldn't be set asunder. Those are guys who need to be featured in Spidey films.

It also somewhat limits what Marvel can do with their spiderman films.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom