WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

main-qimg-eebdd89a5662a6a4b68b1531a6e657e5-c

Should go to Hawkeye honestly. Would make the MCU great again.

Semi serious. I mean he did kill Banner.

That vision better not come true. That would mean that literally the entire mcu would literally be depending on Tony Stark to save the day.

It would drive me insane.

Did you not watch the 2 avengers movies?

It was a team effort. Tony did his part. No more, no less.

And that 2nd movie he was the one who created the threat so no reason to give him any props in Avengers 2

It was a team effort. Tony did his part. No more, no less.

And that 2nd movie he was the one who created the threat so no reason to give him any props in Avengers 2

Yea it was a team effort.. you had the superstars doing the heavy lifting: IM, Thor and hulk

While the rest of the dudes filled out the roster

Cap fresh out of luck for a starting spot if MCU playing basketball with vision and spidey on the roster now

As of right now, there's Homecoming and then there's everything else.

Homecoming is going to age RIDICULOUSLY well. The stakes are so low to the ground and there's so much charm and well placed humor that the film is always going to resonate and not feel like a period piece. Even Avengers 1 is starting to age.

Homecoming is what it is.

It's entertaining. It's funny. Nice little holdover until fans get their hands on Ragnarok BP and IW

But the movie has too many faults.

This version of Spidey is too much of a baby that's dependent on Tony Stark. Couldn't even lift some rubble off of him without imagining Tony in the reflection. If there was a time to have uncle Ben in the movie it should be been in that reflection.

This movie has no shot at being more timeless than A1

Hopefully in future sequels he is more grown and thinks for himself more and then we can talk about timeless Spidey movies.

Last edited:
A1 starting to age???

:rofl:

Something we have never seen before.
Heroes coming together from different films.
A well written story with a big cast.

Now that will be a classic.

To be expected from a guy who called ASM2 a masterpiece. :smh:

Homecoming is what it is.

It's entertaining. It's funny. Nice little holdover until fans get their hands on Ragnarok BP and IW

But the movie has too many faults.

This version of Spidey is too much of a baby that's dependent on Tony Stark. Couldn't even lift some rubble off of him without imagining Tony in the reflection. If there was a time to have uncle Ben in the movie it should be been in that reflection.

This movie has no shot at being more timeless than A1

Hopefully in future sequels he is more grown and thinks for himself more and then we can talk about timeless Spidey movies.

Homecoming is what it is which is the most endearing Superhero film I personally have ever seen. Not sure what film you watched but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I personally just found it very refreshing to find a kid that's a superhero that WANTS to be a superhero unlike the regular superhero trope of personal matters making the hero too depressed to want to continue on. He grew up around superheroes but retains values that his idol Tony Stark or many of the heroes in the MCU don't possess which is selflessness just like Peter in the comics, values he got from his uncle and aunt. They constantly showed Peter getting into trouble from something HE caused because HE wanted to be a hero, not because he was pining for the affection of a woman that would stress him out to lose his superpowers. Spider-Man losing his super powers cause his self-esteem is low? Where they do that at? We all know uncle Ben is the reason Peter fights crime. But no one ever asks why Peter would webswing to deliver pizza on time but move on foot to get to Mary Jane's play he desperately wants to at only to be late. Lmao, how about Otto Octavius working on nuclear fusion in his APARTMENT and none of the guests there wearing protective equipment. That's y'all timeless Spider-Man movie though. Homecoming for me is a love letter from Marvel. Like dog, web wings?

And Tony Stark wasn't in the reflection. It was the half Spider-Man/ half Peter Parker face. CLASSIC.

A1 starting to age???

:rofl::

Something we have never seen before.
Heroes coming together from different films.
A well written story with a big cast.

Now that will be a classic.

To be expected from a guy who called ASM2 a masterpiece. :smh:

The first time we see heroes coming together from other films and yes a very well written story but I feel like that's what holds people to A1 is the fact that "it's the first time" "nothing beats the first time" but once you get past the 3rd act that Tranformers did on a more epic scale a year prior. You see how slow A1 is. Well placed humor really masks the film for its slow burn but at the time it was absolutely necessary for casual audiences to wrap their heads around what they were seeing. I remember watching Avengers early screening and seeing the Thor, Cap and Iron Man forrest scene and FLIPPING OUT but then being a little frustrated that I couldn't get more action with all of them sans the quick Hulk and Thor battle. Yeah we get quippy, "he's adopted" and "Genius Playboy Billionaire philanthropist" quotes and even a Galaga reference but I've always been indifferent to the 2nd act with the hellicarrier going down which slows the film down damn near to a fault. The 3rd act again makes up for it but 5 years later if I'm watching Avengers I find myself only wanting to watch the 3rd act and after Banner pulls up on the mo-ped at that. Again I LOVE Avengers for appeasing the 7 year old in me with Marvel themed birthday parties and bringing my favorite comic characters to life but I can see past the mystique. Avengers AoU >>>>>>>>

1.) Spider-Man: Homecoming
2.) Guardians of the Galaxy 2
3.) Captain America: Civil War
4.) Avengers: Age of Ultron
5.) Avengers

Top 5 EASILY.

Bugging with Guardians 2 at number 2. That's not even a superhero movie to me, just a space comedy

Nah fam Guardians 2 was damn near perfect. It was everything the first was suppose to be but fell flat on its face being. Guardians 2 had humor and heart that wasn't forced. The opening to Guardians 2 alone is better than all of Guardians 1. Endearing Groot, a threat that they actually fight and not dance with or hold hands to defeat. And Rocket....SHOOTING A GUN!! WITH A JETPACK ON FLYING IN MID AIR ON TOP OF THAT!! I was dying laughing when Rocket started making fun of Drax for saying his nipples were sensitive in the theaters. I remember watching Guardians 1 in the theaters and when Gamora says "we're just like Kevin Bacon" I sucked my teeth so loud and said "get the **** outta here so loud my whole row in the theater started laughing. It made me even more pissed cause I was really upset at how lame the movie had gotten. You know by the time Star Lord started dancing I was so done with that movie. Which is why Guardians 2 is so high on my list. Genuinely funny, visuals are ridiculous, endearing moments that feel genuine and a live action appearance of the Watchers? Only thing that captured the spirit of a Marvel comic more was web wings and emoting eyes.

IMO the MCU movies that have aged (and will continue to age) well the best are:

IM1
TWS

I can definitely see Homecoming aging well, like a John Hughes movie or Clueless, but we'll just have to wait and see.

OK OK so it wasn't Tony in the reflection. Still it had to be Tony in his ear saying something 'if you're nothing without the suit then you shouldn't have the suit' or some ish like that :rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom