WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

If they are good maybe 30% of those movies will get my money.

^this
Marvel movies are the only movies i go to the theaters for.
i still havent even seen star wars ep 7. (not that in to star wars)

Antman was probably the only one i went to and really had no intention of seeing in the first place.

I would go to the movies more often but the theaters are far from me and I have to pay for parking for one of them. Used to watch movies all the time at a small independent theater that had matinee prices and reduced prices on Tuesdays.

When I lived in Korea, i would go almost every weekend. as a teacher we only paid 5 dollars. any movie any time.

and their theater system is on point. you pick your seats when you get to the theater (I know some places in America do that now, but it's always been like that since i first got there in 2010)
their food is better in the theater... you can get popcorn drink, and candy for $5

^
Damn. Those Korean prices are awesome. Any unique food / snacks they sell in the theaters there?

^
Damn. Those Korean prices are awesome. Any unique food / snacks they sell in the theaters there?

fried Peanut butter covered squid.. and before you go :x

it is off the hook :smokin

I got put on once found myself going to the grocery store just to get it... when I go back in 2 weeks im going to grab some.

I love the diversity of our conversations in here. One minute it's about an AWG, next minute its about fried peanut butter squid jerky. It's beautiful.

Starting episode 6 of Jessica Jones now. This show is great. Not sure if I like it as much as Daredevil, but it's definitely another strong entry into the Marvel cinematic canon. And to think, my friend Dylan refuses to watch it because ot the sex scenes :lol: :rofl:

Is your friend gay?

No. :lol: (Rep for the laugh though) That'd be hilarious. Well hilarious for me anyways. Knowing him he'd take that rather badly. He's something of a prude though. For example, if you've ever seen the animated Catwoman Showcase feature that DC put out around the time of their Batman Year One animated film there's a scene in a strip club where the women are naturally half naked and such. We were watching it on DVD over Winter Break and he fast forwarded through it. He's big on Christianity and following things to the letter so he's never had sex and has a dim view of things like Strip Clubs, Hooters, etc. Not big on talking about the subject of sex either. Needs to be saved till marriage, shouldn't look at women with lust, sex before marriage is wrong, etc, etc, etc. :rolleyes

When he talked to me about the show he said that he and one of his other friends could only get through like three episodes because of all the sexual content. Which really just makes it his loss because the show's very good. I expected going in that he was overexaggerating because that's a big issue for him so he would, but there's a lot to the show and it covers some really powerful themes.

Last edited:
Is he against interracial couples? :lol:

Oh I see, a prude in 2016. More power to him. Stewardship of the mind and all that :lol:

Last edited:
Truth be told I sometimes wonder how him and I get along considering that I don't even attempt to censor myself :lol: Good times all around though.

Back to Jessica Jones, Kilgrave's a great villain. Never been the type of villain that can typically work as a major threat on his own, but within the confines of a smaller story like this? He's perfect.

GotG casting announcement coming soon...

James GunnVerified account
‏@JamesGunn James Gunn

I’m assured that it will be very soon.

Batman
‏@ReelSeanMurphy

@JamesGunn I know you'll never answer this but when will get a FULL cast announcement?

James Gunn [emoji]10004[/emoji] @JamesGunn

Even MORE excited for #GotGVol2 after our table read yesterday. Our returning cast is even better & our new cast is amazing.

James Gunn [emoji]10004[/emoji] @JamesGunn

Almost all of it. This is the movie we start shooting in a couple weeks.

Also confirmed, though no surprise, is that there is an end-credit scene.

James GunnVerified account
‏@JamesGunn James Gunn
Scripted

cardoso
‏@Cardoso

@JamesGunn is the post-credit scene already scripted or will you think about it later?

Last edited:
They def learned there lesson as far as marketing goes with AoU. We truly haven't seen anything.

Hope they do anything stupid for the Super Bowl

Last edited:
I enjoyed the trailers and anticipation for aou more than the actual movie.

Last edited:
Bugging. I'm not sure how many trailers for AoU yall watched but I only saw one.

Both times I saw AoU in theaters that final battle scene with the soundtrack blasting had me shedding tears :wow:

Last edited:
AoU I swear should have went down as the greatest super heroes ever, the 2nd trailer with the creepy music was easily the hypest trailer ive ever seen in my life. Still give the movie a solid 9/10, my expectations were easily a 10/10

Maybe i'm just getting tired of seeing these same core characters. That's why new people in the mix peak my interest and I liked the GOTG team so much.

Back
Top Bottom