WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

I hope it's true.

I don't see what's so unbelievable about who they want to focus on in IW. Although I hope they focus on some other characters as well.

Internet rumors want to troll me, I see 
grin.gif

More CW rumors via geek.com

Exclusive: The big death in Captain America: Civil War

ccording to Geek.com, it will be Steve Rogers who dies at the end of Captain America: Civil War and it will be Crossbones who delivers the fatal strike.

They add that there are currently two cuts of the film's ending and while one features Chris Evans' Steve Rogers disappearing into the night alongside his fellow Avengers, the other, which they have confirmed to be the current theatrical ending, will feature Frank Grillo's Crossbones killing Captain America (whether or not it's under his own volition and/or if he has any accomplices is yet-to-be seen). Regardless, it will be an extremely close adaptation of the Fallen Son storyline, which coincidentally was also the film's original subtitle.

With Cap dead... what's this mean for Avengers: Infinity War?

Well, just like in the comics, it sounds like it'll be the Winter Soldier who becomes the next Captain America. Geek has learned that Sebastian Stan, who plays the time-defying assassin, has already been fitted for his own Captain America suit, which more or less suggests that he will be the one who takes his best friend's mantle in the upcoming Infinity War... well at least for one-half of it.

Marvel's current plan is apparently to leave Evans' Steve Rogers completely out of Avengers: Infinity War - Part 1, in order to shift the focus to Tom Holland's Spider-Man and to Stan's Bucky, and then resurrect Rogers during the film's grand finale. It's unclear how exactly Marvel plans on accomplishing this feat yet, but the best and most obvious guess would likely be through one of the Infinity Stones, with the yet-to-be seen Soul Stone and Time Stones being the most likely candidates to play a part in the revival of the First Avenger.

Thatt's pretty much what I've been saying when they released the movie release schedule. It just makes sense.

HUGE RUMOR ALERT!

There have been many rumors surrounding major deaths that are set to occur in Captain America: Civil War, including a rumor that the directors shot multiple death scenes to throw rabid fans off the scent. Complicating matters even more, Civil War completed additional photography in January, allowing Marvel to further alter the nitty gritty details of the larger character arcs that will continue through the Infinity War Avengers movies.

Although at least one cut exists where Steve Rogers disappears with his Avengers to fight another day, sources close to the production confirm that (as of now) when Captain America: Civil War hits theaters, Crossbones will kill Steve Rogers by the end of the movie.

Another source close to the film told us that they have already fit Sebastian Stan for a Captain America costume. Like in the comics, Bucky Barnes takes on the mantle of Captain America after Steve Rogers is apparently killed. You would think the honor would go to Sam Wilson, the Falcon (and current Captain America in the comic series), but there’s Marvel movies have a penchant for characters who feel the need to make up for all the red in their ledgers.

Of course, no one stays dead forever in comics (unless you’re Quicksilver), and the Marvel Cinematic Universe is no exception. Under Disney and being a box office juggernaut factory, Marvel has the power to alter course as their films weave in and out of production, but according to our sources, the current plan is to keep Steve Rogers out of the first Infinity War entirely, letting characters like the Bucky Captain America and Spider-Man take the lead. Rogers would return, as you’d expect, for the grand climax.

http://www.geek.com/news/exclusive-the-big-death-in-captain-america-civil-war-1646580/

honestly don't know why i bother :lol:

Last edited:
^ ^ ^

I'm really not buying itat this point especially the part where they want the focus on Spidey, at the end of the day it is still a Sony property and I don't think they'll focus their arcs on a character that will have a solo film made by another studio, just sounds crazy to prioritize a character that they do not own over characters that they do have the full rights to.

Makes sense to me. I mean he is the center of the Marvel Universe as well as Marvel's merchandising.

Which Marvel universe is he the center of?

I don't think you've been watching the movies or reading the comics lately. In this context lately means the last 15 years.

Last edited:

I don't think you've been watching the movies or reading the comics lately. In this context lately means the last 15 years.

Um, the Marvel Universe. 616...let's not try and act like spiderman is not marvel's most popular character. Like who is even reading Spider-Gwen? But their are 3 current incarnations of Spiderman right now in the MU, why is that? Because Slott is running the show over there? No, it's popularity. Spiderman is ALL OVER Marvel's merchandising as well. Civil War the film was specifically made to merge Spider-man's merchandising success with the Avengers merchandising success which is all the more reason I couldn't fathom a civil war film being made without spiderman. Merchandising gold mine.

Um, the Marvel Universe. 616...let's not try and act like spiderman is not marvel's most popular character. Like who is even reading Spider-Gwen? But their are 3 current incarnations of Spiderman right now in the MU, why is that? Because Slott is running the show over there? No, it's popularity. Spiderman is ALL OVER Marvel's merchandising as well. Civil War the film was specifically made to merge Spider-man's merchandising success with the Avengers merchandising success which is all the more reason I couldn't fathom a civil war film being made without spiderman. Merchandising gold mine.

There are way more than 3 web-slingers

Peter Parker

Miles Morales

Kaine (Scarlet Spider)

Silk

Spider-Gwen

Spider-Woman 1,2, and 3

Spider-Girl

Flash Thompson/Venom

Arana

Not to mention dead ones like Ben Reily and Otto Octavius

I hate to say that spider man might b the most popular hero

But still think stark is the main dude....
He leads avengers, is the one to actually save the world a few times, gives sheild spider man and everyone else there tech or atleast improves there tech his father is even a key figure in comics and movies and the shows

But overal I'm biased an still don't care for Spider-Man he's a cry baby that's a b level super hero in my eyes and every other avenger would give him the business..... The only reason I feel he ever beat the heros he beat in the comics was because they were Spider-Man comics to begin with

Once again my 2 cents

^^ the movies really catered to Stark being the focal point because he was one of the heroes more grounded in realism. Cap always been that guy in the Avengers. Tony is more of the "cool guy"

Peter Parker

Miles Morales

Kaine (Scarlet Spider)

Silk

Spider-Gwen

Spider-Woman 1,2, and 3

Spider-Girl

Flash Thompson/Venom

Arana

Excuse me, I totally didn't even think about them!

Spidey is the main dude I'll give him that statically iron man couldn't touch him in comic sales..... And Spider-Man was in comics for almost a year b4 iron man.......

With that being said still f spider man

No doubt Spidey is the most popular but at the end of the day it is still owned by Sony.

Marvel doesn't have the right to the character so pushing everyone else aside to let him be the center of MCU is only promoting Sonys future solo films with him.

I rather they work on what they've been building all these other characters than making Spidey the focus. I really just want to see Spidey making cameos in Marvel films and let him shine in his own films.

Business-wise, it's smart move by Sony and they might just turn him into a billion dollar franchise but on Marvels side, unless I am getting half the profits they make on Spideys Sony films, I am not going to invest too much into a character where Sony execs still has final say and approval on which direction the character should go.

But that's me, it only really makes sense to make him the center of MCU if he is actually owned by Marvel/Disney and they get to keep every $$$$ they make from him.

Plus I think CW being pretty much Avengers 2.5 will make it a billion even without Spidey.

Last edited:

I didn't know center of the universe was interchangeable with most popular character. To me those are not the same things. So you can save your breath on this popularity talk. Last I checked since Avengers Disassembled, the Avengers have been the center of Marvel's universe.

Spidey hasn't been the center of Marvel comics or tv or animation. Probably Marvel merchandise though.

As somebody else already mentioned there has been more Spidey spinoff books in the comics most specifically not Peter Parker not cuz of popularity but cuz Marvel needs to make up for the lack of F4 and X-Men books they no longer publish.

As far as film, Iron Man is by far Marvel's most popular character. That's more than evident.

If that part of the rumor is true this would only be the beginning of Spidey possibly merging his popularity with the MCU brand. The whole thing about Spidey and his popularity is that he did it on his own. He did not need the Avengers. From the 70s to the 90s. He stood on par with X-Men popularity. None of that has translated to the movies though. It's been pretty clear that Marvel has had the films on smash when it comes to success and popularity. MCU didn't need Spidey. SONY needed the MCU.

Peter Parker

Miles Morales

Kaine (Scarlet Spider)

Silk

Spider-Gwen

Spider-Woman 1,2, and 3

Spider-Girl

Flash Thompson/Venom

Arana

You forgot Miguel; Spidey 2099

Last edited:
kind of feels like Bucky was aiming somewhere else and Tony steps in.

The gun is pointed away from Tony
but he pulls the trigger way after tony grabs the gun so he clearly does not care if tony gets shot or was trying to shoot tony in the first place 

No doubt Spidey is the most popular but at the end of the day it is still owned by Sony.

Marvel doesn't have the right to the character so pushing everyone else aside to let him be the center of MCU is only promoting Sonys future solo films with him.

I rather they work on what they've been building all these other characters than making Spidey the focus. I really just want to see Spidey making cameos in Marvel films and let him shine in his own films.

Business-wise, it's smart move by Sony and they might just turn him into a billion dollar franchise but on Marvels side, unless I am getting half the profits they make on Spideys Sony films, I am not going to invest too much into a character where Sony execs still has final say and approval on which direction the character should go.

But that's me, it only really makes sense to make him the center of MCU if he is actually owned by Marvel/Disney and they get to keep every $$$$ they make from him.

Plus I think CW being pretty much Avengers 2.5 will make it a billion even without Spidey.
This is the common sense way to go and business decision unless Disney is going to buy out the American film studio Columbia Pictures out from SONY (or swallow all of SONY itself) and we don't know it.

View media item 1903182

kind of feels like Bucky was aiming somewhere else and Tony steps in.

The gun is pointed away from Tony
but he pulls the trigger way after tony grabs the gun so he clearly does not care if tony gets shot or was trying to shoot tony in the first place 
i mean if you're trying to shoot someone and a guy is trying to stop you, wouldn't you shoot them too lol?

Back
Top Bottom