WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

Everyone is talking out the airport scene. Cant wait!

I actually like BvS, thought the movie was OK but when they kept saying CW is more fun then its just gets me excited even more

Last edited:
BP, War Machine, Falcon. That's too many black guys in one movie Rhodes is as good as gone smh

even if cap dies I would hate to see bucky become captain america

it just wouldnt work 

I'd be ok with it and if it did happen i'd take it over Sam becoming Cap.
One of caps defining qualities is his leadership and how everyone respects him, that's not happening with Bucky

Steve is the greatest war hero in American history, Bucky is the greatest hydra assassin. He can't just be putting on that suit just because

Did we learn nothing from the "BvS is the greatest superhero movie" comments after that early screening :lol: :lol:

Not that I think CW will be nearly as atrocious as BvS turned out to be, but let's wait & see.

Last edited:
I don't want to read too much into these early reviews or put too much weight into them, but some are saying Civil War ranks 3rd in the MCU behind Avengers 1 and Winter Soldier.

Is that about where we'd want this movie to be? I was expecting it to surpass WS with all that they have to work with character wise.
Basically this:
I can't see how Civil War wouldn't be the best MCU film to date. My only concern is the pacing. With all those characters, how cohesive is the story?
I mean the Russo's gave us TWS and this is basically an Avengers movie centering on Cap. No surprise a Marvel movie is being called fun though. Which MCU movie isn't or at least tries to invoke that feeling?

I expect it to rival TDK in terms of quality.

I think you guys are overreacting a bit because you're used to reading BvS plot hole comments. A lot of them have said minor plot holes, like things you kind of notice but go "what?" like Ant-Man becoming dense but losing all of his mass etc etc. Not like "What the **** is going on I'm so lost" plot holes
Yeah I'm hoping it's more like this.

Like it's plot holes in term of match ups. Like why make Falcon fight the Vision? Why isn't the Falcon dead? Those kind of plot holes

I can also see ppl having problems when Tony eventually beats Cap. Similar to IM2 they're gonna be like why didn't Tony just do that move to start the fight? :lol: but that's basically the same plot argument in comic book fights.
Won't even be a comparison. We'll still have to compare BvS to AoU
Man even AOU is better. BvS needs to be compared to Thor 2.

Movies that are just there

Last edited:

it just wouldnt work 

One of caps defining qualities is his leadership and how everyone respects him, that's not happening with Bucky

Steve is the greatest war hero in American history, Bucky is the greatest hydra assassin. He can't just be putting on that suit just because

That's exactly what happens though :lol: And i'd say that it's more about actual skills in combat than anything else, which is always what people are asking themselves whenever Steve dies or quits and they're wondering "Who can be the new Captain America?" Bucky's time as Cap was then looked at as him redeeming himself for everything he did as the Winter Soldier (Even though that wasn't his fault anyways). Not really that different from Sam being Cap now. Neither of them necessarily has the credentials that Steve does, but then being Captain America at all isn't about having those exact credentials anyways. It's about doing a good job carrying the torch after Old Man Rogers bites the dust.

Last edited:

it just wouldnt work 

That's exactly what happens though
laugh.gif
And i'd say that it's more about actual skills in combat than anything else, which is always what people are asking themselves whenever Steve dies or quits and they're wondering "Who can be the new Captain America?" Bucky's time as Cap was then looked at as him redeeming himself for everything he did as the Winter Soldier (Even though that wasn't his fault anyways). Not really that different from Sam being Cap now. Neither of them necessarily has the credentials that Steve does, but then being Captain America at all isn't about having those exact credentials anyways. It's about doing a good job carrying the torch after Old Man Rogers bites the dust.
in the MCU captain america is very much about being a respected leader which is built on what steve did in the war.

tony was willing to check his ego and let cap lead the team, he's not doing that for bucky. none of these people are going to be looking to bucky for leadership

sam is a nobody that would get washed in .1 seconds if he tried to be cap 

it may work when you have unlimited amounts of comic series to develop bucky into a suitable replacement captain america but that's not happening in the MCU. the next time we see cap is when the team suits up to battle thanos and they are not going to give bucky a starting role 

one more DC fanboy in WBs payroll

@JimVejvoda
I have to admit it. Captain America: Civil War a letdown after the high of Winter Soldier. It's a better, smarter version of BvS.

Zemo is another wasted Marvel villain whose scheme is, while not as crazy as Lex's, isn't much more coherent or less convoluted

Spider-Man is both the best & most expendable part of Civil War. I want to see more of him & movie never recovers from him leaving it

Big airport brawl is great fun & Civil War sort of limps to the finish line after that. Panther is very cool. Want to see more of him too

Quote:
@JimVejvoda
I have to admit it. Captain America: Civil War a letdown after the high of Winter Soldier. It's a better, smarter version of BvS.

Zemo is another wasted Marvel villain whose scheme is, while not as crazy as Lex's, isn't much more coherent or less convoluted

Spider-Man is both the best & most expendable part of Civil War. I want to see more of him & movie never recovers from him leaving it

Big airport brawl is great fun & Civil War sort of limps to the finish line after that. Panther is very cool. Want to see more of him too

Won't let that boy Zemo shine huh [emoji]129300[/emoji] Typical...lol

Last edited:
early reviews saying my dude rudd steals scenes :nerd:

dude running on the airport scene with that 'i aint worried about nothin' pace :smokin

Last edited:

@JimVejvoda

but is it fun?

:rofl:

Last edited:

it just wouldnt work 

That's exactly what happens though :lol: And i'd say that it's more about actual skills in combat than anything else, which is always what people are asking themselves whenever Steve dies or quits and they're wondering "Who can be the new Captain America?" Bucky's time as Cap was then looked at as him redeeming himself for everything he did as the Winter Soldier (Even though that wasn't his fault anyways). Not really that different from Sam being Cap now. Neither of them necessarily has the credentials that Steve does, but then being Captain America at all isn't about having those exact credentials anyways. It's about doing a good job carrying the torch after Old Man Rogers bites the dust.
in the MCU captain america is very much about being a respected leader which is built on what steve did in the war.

tony was willing to check his ego and let cap lead the team, he's not doing that for bucky. none of these people are going to be looking to bucky for leadership

sam is a nobody that would get washed in .1 seconds if he tried to be cap 

it may work when you have unlimited amounts of comic series to develop bucky into a suitable replacement captain america but that's not happening in the MCU. the next time we see cap is when the team suits up to battle thanos and they are not going to give bucky a starting role 
That's what Steve Rogers is about. That then has nothing to do with someone else taking on the role, just as it didn't in the comics :lol: There's no difference.

Back
Top Bottom