WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

I’d never call “Captain Marvel” the best MCU movie, but I never thought it was THAT bad. My only real issues with the movie is Bree’s stiff/robotic acting (she’s actually a pretty damn good actress in every movie I’ve seen of hers, so I just chalk that up to them trying to give the character this stiff, soldier, all business, not tons of personality type), Fury losing his eye how he did was super flat (don’t pull a “you think it was something epic, but it was just a cat” thing), and I wish she had her full powers for more than just like the very last 2 minutes (her taking out all those ships and missiles was only in like the last two minutes).

What I fear for Captain Marvel 2 is that they’re gonna do the superhero trope of her losing her powers somehow (making her the same level she basically was for the first movie, or losing all her powers completely), to then not be fully powered again until the last few minutes again. I’m tryna see her fly, blast, blow up sht, and have all her powers for more than 10 minutes of a 2 hour movie.

I didn’t think it was bad. Ppl kept saying it was because she was so stiff or lacked emotion, but for the story I believe that’s how she was to be portrayed. I mean she was captured, memories erased and designed/trained to be a soldier. I mean didn’t they talk about emotion being a weakness as she trained?

I agree about how fury loses his eye though. I think that was one where it was supposed to be a, “you think I look bad? You should see the other guy” moment that didn’t quite land/resonate well with the fan base. I hardly believe the billion dollar movie was trash though.

I never get why other ppl seem to not understand the character she was portraying was an amnesiac alien soldier trained to ignore her emotions and gut instincts and follow procedure.

She basically is that the majority of the movie just with a habit of breaking rules and the story never writes in a plot point where she recovers her memories and gets her personality back. At best she's a bit rebellious, head strong, and plucky.

So she basically played the character exactly as written.

So to say the acting wasn't good pretty much ignores the script and direction.

g-time g-time
Bruh. i watched her in king Kong. Same exact $#@& with her.
Maybe it works for some. Just not for me.
She's virtually Gadot terrible.
my humble opinion of course...

its not even just the acting, a lot of things that i probably think was funny before was just cringey now so its just the movie not holding up well which isnt a good sign because its not even that old

like furys inteaction with the cat and how condescending danvers is, i just cant watch the movie again maybe for another few years or so

Add me to the camp that things AoU was underrated. It was the most comic booky of all the films and I loved it for it.
And since we’re on the topic, in the film Ultron mentions that Strucker experimented on more people but the twins were the only two to survive. Because they’re mutants?
I know it would be the easy way out and expected, but they’ve established that the snap produced gamma radiation and in the comics the advancement of nuclear technology expedited mutant evolution. I wouldn’t be upset if mutants already existed, and some already had powers, but the snap activated more of them. I know that’s similar to terrigenisis but we’re pretending the Inhumans never happened aren’t we?

Because they’re mutants?
No.

At least I hope not. Dumb retcon.

I know that’s similar to terrigenisis but we’re pretending the Inhumans never happened aren’t we?
Actually no. If they stay true to comic origins the first Inhuman showing up will be Ms. Marvel before any of the mutants funny enough :lol:

But there's still time for cameos and depending on how they introduce them could change a lot.

The Inhumans show is definitely ignored though :lol:

For someone who doesn’t show emotions often. This movie really stuck with me.
From start to finish I loved it, wasn’t too big on CM but after watching the movie then doing my research on the comics. It made so much since why it’s the way it was.

I never get why other ppl seem to not understand the character she was portraying was an amnesiac alien soldier trained to ignore her emotions and gut instincts and follow procedure.

She basically is that the majority of the movie just with a habit of breaking rules and the story never writes in a plot point where she recovers her memories and gets her personality back. At best she's a bit rebellious, head strong, and plucky.

So she basically played the character exactly as written.

So to say the acting wasn't good pretty much ignores the script and direction.

The only thing I would've changed about CM is reworking the 3rd act.

Needed a better confrontation with a main villain that could've been the source of Carol's life being ****** up. Either make Yon-Rogg Magnitron like the comics or throw in an enemy based around the Kree genetic dead end thing as foreshadowing for a future conflict.

SECRET INVASION: Marvel Studios Boss Kevin Feige Explains How The Series Will Differ To The Comics

Feige has made it clear that the series won't be as grand in scale as the comic book it's named after. Written by Brian Michael Bendis and pencilled be Leinil Francis Yu, it featured pretty much every Marvel character imaginable, and ended with a huge battle in New York City.

"Well, there were more characters in the Secret Invasion comic series than there were in Endgame so, no," Feige said when he was asked if the Disney+ show will match the event series.

"It's not that, but it very much is a showcase for Sam Jackson and Ben Mendelson and tapping into the paranoia elements of the Secret Invasion comic series that was great with the twists and turns that it took," the Marvel Studios boss teased. "So, that's certainly our focus more than, 'Can we cram in more characters than Endgame? like publishing?'"

SPIDER-MAN 3: Kevin Feige Addresses Those Huge Rumors; Teases Crazy Plans For The Marvel Multiverse

Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige wasn't willing to say much during a recent interview with ComicBook.com, but did admit that seeing the rumours online is part of the fun for him.

"I've read some things. I'm not sure I've read all things," Feige admitted. "The fun thing about online speculation when it comes to our stuff is how sometimes it couldn't be more off the mark and sometimes it's shockingly close, and that's held true for the last few years. But saying which is which would take all the fun out of everything."

Asked in general about what fans can expect from the Marvel Cinematic Universe's Multiverse, Feige pointed to Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness' title being "the biggest clue."

"That's the biggest clue of where the Multiverse of Madness is taking us and how we're exploring that,"
he said. "It's surreal to me that we're talking about a Spider-Man 3. I worked on a movie called Spider-Man 3 many years ago directed by Mr. Sam Raimi. So this clearly, the shorthand of calling it Spider-Man 3 now, it's fine. We call it Homecoming 3."

Feige has made it clear that the series won't be as grand in scale as the comic book it's named after.
I'm already tired of this. Gave them a pass when they made Civil War a damn Captain America movie but part of what makes Secret Invasion great is the scope and scale of it.

Its not about cramming in characters to the story. It is about the simple concept of paranoia where anyone can be a skrull, the question of who can you trust, and the very real threat of anyone being the enemy (and if they really match it that would mean even you could be the threat).

What I fear for Captain Marvel 2 is that they’re gonna do the superhero trope of her losing her powers somehow (making her the same level she basically was for the first movie, or losing all her powers completely), to then not be fully powered again until the last few minutes again. I’m tryna see her fly, blast, blow up sht, and have all her powers for more than 10 minutes of a 2 hour movie.
So basically the story arc of WW84? lol

That probably wont happen given the sequel is probably gonna give Monica Rambeau and Kamala Khan their super powers.

Not expecting Nia DaCosta to give us whackness.

captain marvel was ok. definitely some cringe moments. it was what it was.

So how is DP and Disney+ going to work??? I’m hoping they can figure something out so Logan can go up.

So how is DP and Disney+ going to work??? I’m hoping they can figure something out so Logan can go up.
Maybe they add it to another channel within Disney+ for all the older rated content. I know they announced Disney+ would get Star added to the app which shows all the R-Rated content.

No news what their plans for the US is though.

Was not a fan of ‘no doubt’ song in the film. That was cheesy af.

x1000. The entire pop soundtrack to CM was "beat-you-over-the-head" in subtext.

Also:

Have we ever had resolution for who Crossbones was working for in obtaining the bio-agent at the beginning of CA:CW? He's being employed by someone to retrieve the virus, and rather than follow that lead the story transitions into the Sokovia Accords storyline, with Zemo then blowing up the UN.

Did Zemo orchestrate the entire thing, counting on the Avengers to somehow blow up a Nigerian skyscraper and therefore incur collateral damage, prompting UN action? That seems like a bit of a stretch. I've thought about that Crossbones' employer storyline playing out across BW as a segue into Phase 4 and introduction of Mutants (because of the bio-agent angle).

Maybe they add it to another channel within Disney+ for all the older rated content. I know they announced Disney+ would get Star added to the app which shows all the R-Rated content.

No news what their plans for the US is though.
Thought they said that was already in the works for the US?
Have we ever had resolution for who Crossbones was working for in obtaining the bio-agent at the beginning of CA:CW? He's being employed by someone to retrieve the virus, and rather than follow that lead the story transitions into the Sokovia Accords storyline, with Zemo then blowing up the UN.

Did Zemo orchestrate the entire thing, counting on the Avengers to somehow blow up a Nigerian skyscraper and therefore incur collateral damage, prompting UN action? That seems like a bit of a stretch. I've thought about that Crossbones' employer storyline playing out across BW as a segue into Phase 4 and introduction of Mutants.
Think Crossbones was working for someone else and the spot got too hot so they laid low.

Thought they said that was already in the works for the US?

Think Crossbones was working for someone else and the spot got too hot so they laid low.
I, too thought it was the US too, when I was watching the investor's conference. But I think they were referring to outside the US. I could be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom