WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

I enjoyed it. Not as visceral a reaction as some.

The plot left me wanting more in the sense of a twist or curve ball along the way. We got a straight forward hero v villain story, which is fine and all and it was well executed imo. But I figured with multiverses, magic, witches, books of death/life, etc, there might have been a higher-stakes end game by the 3rd act. Not mad at Wanda being the villain after all, because it makes it more real that heroes can live to be the villains. But the ending should have been bold in this case and actually killed her off. We all know she'll be back.

Other than the plot, this had Raimi's fingerprints all over it and i loved it.

The Illuminati getting washed leaves it open for other universes to step into that role. Wonder how that will play out in the future.

Overall a solid 6.25/8 for me. Loved a lot of it, was left wanting in other parts. Will happily watch in the future.

With the way they were shown? I’d rather they weren’t in there at all…And this was a Wanda movie…Strange was there to move the movie from Wanda scene to Wanda scene…

Yeah, the Scarlet Witch is the arguably the strongest character in the MCU.
IMO, it was a great way to showcase her strength by decimating two of the most beloved characters in comics in Reed & Prof X. Just my thoughts.

I do hope John K. continues to play RR in the actual MCU though.

PO

Strange was fun! Wanda scenes were far and away the highlight for me.

Raimi still got it even though I though it dragged at times

Funny we got the MCU version of this scene aha

FR7X95WXIAASM93

dont think i was too much of a fan of the dialogue, it def feels like raimi came in mid-production

im just glad we got some raimi *** scenes and hope he gets full control next time

the wanda stuff was great

I usually never do this and ride hard for the mcu but I’ll rate it 7/10. NWH honestly hit harder.

BUT….

My guy mr fantastic was the best drop. Sheeesh.

Movie overall felt to overwhelming, I guess that’s what happens when you put both the MCU’s OP characters in it; lightweight had the Superman effect.

Rewatchability will be tough tbf, I’d only see it again for the Illuminati.

i haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere so i’m probably way off but was that

a statue of doom at the stone temple place where wanda called it her throne

Thought the same thing. Saw how this movie could’ve been before No Way Home too…

I thought it was him too, but it has to be someone else. Doesn't make sense tbh....

PO

I do too. It was a terrible premise. I don’t understand how they’re supposed to rehabilitate the character. She’s literally worse than Avengers Disassembled, House of M. I think we all thought we were going to get Shuma Gorath, Nighmare, Mephisto, Dormmamu, or the What If Strange…and they threw this curve ball.

But I get it, everyone in this thread says to treat our expectations like cold McDonalds.
I think it was pretty clear Evil Strange wasn't the What-If Strange after the ending of season 1. Dude actually understood what he did wrong and accepted his fate. Evil Strange was nowhere near that.

Back
Top Bottom