WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

Doom would like a word
So would Norman Osborne, Wilson Fisk, Kang the Conqueror, Loki, Doctor Octopus, Kraven the Hunter, the Mandarin, Red Skull, Baron Zemo, Purple Man, Terrax the Tamer, the Magus…

And this comes from one who was reared by the feats and villainy of Dr Doom and the Mad Conquerer.

It was “Gargantos” and not Shuma Gortha, due to licensing issues.
No way Strange is taking him down that easy/early in the movie.

I just thought of something though. How the hell they kill Thanos with the gauntlet on but get washed by Wanda?

I know Wanda got a major power boss in WandaVision but Captain Marvel is supposed to be the strongest Avengers. I know it’s not Danvers but she was able to punch through ships and warheads but gets “crushed” and dies?

LOL at them making Shuma Gorath a jobber. Serious comic nerds probably won't like that.

Last edited:
I just thought of something though. How the hell they kill Thanos with the gauntlet on but get washed by Wanda?
They didn’t use the Infinity Stones to beat Thanos, the used The Good Book(I can’t remember the name. :lol: )

The question is, are all the universes in the same year? Was the Illuminati universe set in the future? If not then how the bell will reed richards and mutants be introduced into 616. If it was the futur then in 616, reed could still be a young guy in college or something. Same with mutants not having their gender activated for example.

Also interesting how much knowledge that universe had of different universes. Very few in the mcu can travel across universes (America and few other characters). Perhaps kang has already discovered it on their universe and he hasn’t yet on 616. Endless possibilities
Nah, they're all not in the same year. Time is relative and can move at a different pace in every universe.

Plus not all earths evolve or progress at the same rate so time could be the same not at all similar. If the ice 100 years longer or shorter joy throws everything off. So a 2022 modern day here could be 2022 in the dark ages.

Wow the Gorr disrespect. I get the Thanos greatest villain. But let’s look at this.
Thanos killing mortals, avengers.
Gorr is killing gods my guy. Gods.

Argue you want, imagine Gorr with infinity stones,, that’s even if he capable of handling it, but if he did, would he not be a greater threat than Thanos.
The first god Thanos killed was Loki :lol:

Gorr definitely does his thing but was a villain to a bunch of gods they're not really ppl. Plus in this sense its not like all the gods could even fight.

Reactions: DLF
It was “Gargantos” and not Shuma Gortha, due to licensing issues.
No was Strange is taking him down that easy/early in the movie.

I know Wanda got a major power boss in WandaVision but Captain Marvel is supposed to be the strongest Avengers. I know it’s not Danvers but she was able to punch through ships and warheads but gets “crushed” and dies?

I imagine they game planned for Thanos as they had baseline knowledge of who he was and what his intentions were.

The Illuminati were intentionally written to be cocky as a result of beating gauntlet Thanos, thus underestimating SW in that moment and allowing themselves to get caught flat-footed.

One thing I am curious about is whether 838 Wanda had the same powers as 616 and the Illuminati were aware of her or not

Who thinks onslaught would be pretty dope
Dope.

But then so would Phoenix, Goblin Queen, Phalanx, Mister Sinister, Nimrod/Master Mold, etc.

But Mahvel CU always does a poor job of representing these characters. MoTM is like the second or third movie of conveying a villain as a threat (Thanos, Green Goblin from NWH, and the villain in MoM).

Chatles Xavier launching a psychic attack, followed by the two captains launching projectiles, Reed shooting some fancy gadget and finally BB using voice would ended the SW threat quickly.It really was lame.

I enjoyed the movie but I had a weird feeling while I was watching it; like that the fan service in here didn't really work. NWH did it better and in a way that served the film's plot. Long read in the spoiler.

I don't know if it's Marvel Fatigue or maybe I just never really cared for Stephen Strange but I was stuck trying to let the movie succeed on it's own. I kept thinking about how every little thing would be included in the larger Phase 4 story. Yes, one of the great things about the MCU is the fact that all of these movies build upon one another and interweave to create larger, overarching narratives but it felt like every scene I was trying to find an easter egg or reference that may become something later on.

Like when Strange and America jump through all those universes before landing on the "red means go" one. Was I suppose to recognize any of those? Am I missing something vital if I don't? And yeah I gotta bring up the illuminati. I know a little bit about them in Marvel and I doubt that this is the last we see of them but did they have to be here? How is this a Doctor Strange film when the loudest cheer was for John Krasinski as Reed Richards? Plus I thought he did a poor job and even having the illuminati without Tony Stark is... wrong.

I got no problem with cameos but this went beyond that. The whole thing bothered me in a way that Iron-Man in Homecoming or Civil War basically being Avengers 2.5 didn't. Those movies still felt like they were about their respective heroes. Strange kinda became an afterthought in his own movie.

I don't wanna make it seem like I didn't enjoy THAT scene but I do think it acted more as a distraction than anything.

I will say that Cumberbatch and Olsen did fantastic. I enjoyed the Raimi style in the film. Danny Elfman did his thing with the music. America Chavez was okay. Wong is that dude.

6/8 but could go up once it settles a little bit in my mind.

I imagine they game planned for Thanos as they had baseline knowledge of who he was and what his intentions were.

The Illuminati were intentionally written to be cocky as a result of beating gauntlet Thanos, thus underestimating SW in that moment and allowing themselves to get caught flat-footed.

One thing I am curious about is whether 838 Wanda had the same powers as 616 and the Illuminati were aware of her or not
She did have powder in 838. Remember when she went back to her house she flew there with her powers

There was one part where Wanda was chasing the gang, limping and I thought to myself, why doesn’t she just fly?

Yeah, I read up that was some discount version of Shuma Gorath. I don't doubt legal issues are the only reason for that though.

Scarlett Witch is that tough. She even had Thanos shook in Infinity Wars 2. She'd better hope Reed Richard's son doesn't come looking for her. Whole multi verse might be f'ed.

There was one part where Wanda was chasing the gang, limping and I thought to myself, why doesn’t she just fly?

because we got to have action

i mean why did she turn reed into string cheese without even blinking and not all 4 of them at once? i dont think anything prevented her from doing it

Movie gave us the idea that multidimensional traveling is so easy and common. It isn’t. Keep that in mind. Only a select few can do it and those will cause problems (ie Kang).

First off.......

**** THAT ACTRESS in ALL UNIVERSES!

Screenshot_20220508-011411_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220508-011418_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220508-011439_Chrome.jpg

Loved the movie tho.

Last edited:
Makes you wonder what 838 Strange saw that made him turn to the darkhold :lol: I guess if there’s no Tony in that universe then you have an entirely different set of possibilities

I think the big diff with Strange and the 14 mil possiblities he previewed was actually having the Time Stone to do that.

He didn't have that for America, so he didn't have all the answers for either to save her or take her power. If he did, he'da just followed that lead. Maybe it requires darkhold, maybe it doesn't, ya know?

Caught a 10 pm Cinemark xD showing. Enjoyed the fan service. Movie itself was pretty trippy but not as confusing as other MCU stuff. Would've hoped there would be more continuity/story building for Phase 4 but I need to get that out of my head and let it stand out on its own. I did the same thing for Eternals lol.

I was mad that Illuminati got washed so hard but then I remembered it was alternate universe, so at least we know they for sure exist in 616.
Wanda so damb OP, it was frustrating to see everyone who tried to face her get washed so easily and continuously lol. "Know they will be loved" ouch.
Mt. Wundagore nice comics reference
Did I spy Living Tribunal during the bounce around the multiverse?
So is 616 Strange possessed by the Darkholde? Or still connected somehow to evil Strange?

Feel like I need to watch it again and take in everything. 6/8

Back
Top Bottom