WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

Apparently, those were real tweets and comments featured in the episode. I kinda feel like that was a bad idea. Most social media post are just for attention so putting them in the show gave them exactly what they wanted.

So why would you expect anything different here?

because cw quality has been sh*te so the cgi and costume matches on cw shows?

plus CW budget is a fraction of D+ shows while having a lot less episodes

and lets be real, we put a higher standard on Marvel because theyve consistently delivered good to great content and thats why its a bigger deal when they make a movie that isnt great, we’ve been spoiled

its like the transformers film, you dont go in the 5th film and then be upset that it sucks when the first 4 was just as bad :lol:

but thats beside the point, you said we dont have the same energy with dc shows when in fact its the opposite, most already go in expecting to see crappy cgi and costumes (even titans on hbo max looks like kids in cosplay) and theyve been clowned for it and if there isnt ridicule its because no ones watching :lol:

Read any she hulk thread on Twitter and guaranteed there’s a lot of people with anime pictures hating on the show because it’s bad for the kids. I’m not kidding. Mfers are really attacking this show because twerking isn’t good for you kids when the show is rated TV-14.

I’m saying they’re drawing the line at TWERKING. Bootleg cap decapitated a man with a shield but Twerking is too much.
Nah. I've read plenty of threads about this show. Meg is only the latest complaint (in a long line of complaints) about this show. A lot of this sentiment has been expressed since the first episode. My only issue is the notion of calling a male an incel for complaining about a female rapper being in a she hulk show. I don't see how that is considered misogynist. Replace her with any popular rapper/artist and I guarantee the noise would still be the same.

Nah. I've read plenty of threads about this show. Meg is only the latest complaint (in a long line of complaints) about this show. A lot of this sentiment has been expressed since the first episode. My only issue is the notion of calling a male an incel for complaining about a female rapper being in a she hulk show. I don't see how that is considered misogynist. Replace her with any popular rapper/artist and I guarantee the noise would still be the same.
It’s a post credit scene of them dancing, why are people up in arms?

Some people just don't like meg the stallion. I can't criticize them for feeling that way. But I also think it's extreme to label these people as incels.
Bro forget Meg the stallion, Is calling for the protection of child viewers over a booty shaking scene not incel behavior?

You don’t think many comic book readers are in in incels?
probably. But in this instance that label is uncalled for. Especially in the context of this discussion.

Bro forget Meg the stallion, Is calling for the protection of child viewers over a booty shaking scene not incel behavior?
No. You make the mistake of thinking this is only coming from men. There have been countless advocacy groups advocating for family friendly programing. This has been going on since television first started. So this isn't some fly by night thing that started with twitter and other public forums.

probably. But in this instance that label is uncalled for. Especially in the context of this discussion.

No. You make the mistake of thinking this is only coming from men. There have been countless advocacy groups advocating for family friendly programing. This has been going on since television first started. So this isn't some fly by night thing that started with twitter and other public forums.
Some were YT men based on their profile pic, but most can’t tell behind the anime pic. But very incel like…. But why the complaints, it’s TV-14? Doesn’t that fall on the parent if they don’t want cheeks being thrown at their face?

Thor was double cheeked up not so long ago, and we were saluting to America’s *** during endgame.

I’m only saying incel because they have a huge problem w/ two women dancing, and clamoring MCU is falling off because of (that’s a different debate). If there’s another word you want me to use, then let me know because I don’t know what to call this demographic.

Some were YT men based on their profile pic, but most can’t tell behind the anime pic. But very incel like…. But why the complaints, it’s TV-14? Doesn’t that fall on the parent if they don’t want cheeks being thrown at their face?

Thor was double cheeked up not so long ago, and we were saluting to America’s *** during endgame.
I get what you're saying. But I go back to my other point that a lot of people just don't like her. If you replaced Meg with Beyoncé the reactions to that scene would be vastly different. Sure, she'd get some hate but not to the level of Meg.

I feel like when they were coming up with ideas for this episode, they said something like

“Alright, what would get the incels on the internet real mad at us?”
“Bring in Megan the Stallion to twerk with She-Hulk”
“JESUS CHRIST”

Interesting choice. Wandavision looked great and had a good story.

It makes sense to me.
Wandavision had a family vibe to it, was the first Disney + show & he did a great job with the exception of the finale to "me".
Storytelling was great. All in all, they delivered.

So it makes sense they want to give him the responsibility for Marvel's "first family" given his ability to handle that project, execution of an origin story etc.

He will be taking on the same role here which is "director". Jac Shaffer was the "creator/writer" of WV. To me the latter, is the most important in regards to the story.
So I hope they have someone great planned for that role.

PO

and lets be real, we put a higher standard on Marvel because theyve consistently delivered good to great content and thats why its a bigger deal when they make a movie that isnt great, we’ve been spoiled
No WE don’t. I didn’t hire anyone nor did I raise anyone so who am I to have expectations of a project Im not involved in or informed of? WE are not spoiled because I would never hold a TV series to the same standards as a movie.

well you dont but i do especially these days when tv shows been killing it more than movies at times

but you are overthinking it, its ok for people to not like the cgi, it sucks get over it, plenty agrees

aint got to pretend dc isnt being ridiculed just to try and defend marvel, the company is already int he dumps but yall still wanna drag it to the mud so that marvel looks better when marvel been winning all this time

but you initially asked why should we expect different? if we didnt expect different and we make jokes about dc then in theory we should keep complaining about the cgi to be consistent, right?

i just dont get this logic though, that yall always got to defend marvel so much, the show was destined to fail and was already review bombed before released and numerous report of trouble but here it is thriving and being fun and enjoyable watch to all and yet yall still want to latch on to one criticism people have (on nt, not the stupid toxic twitter verse)

do we really just got to love 100% everything marvel does? yall always got an excuse for them

im not going to get in a multi-page argument of this, its ridiculous

Back
Top Bottom