WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

Taika fired.

I mean his trilogy is done.

The longest any director(s) have been around are 4 MCU movies; Russo Bros. Whedon left after 2, Taika got his trilogy, Gunn almost didn’t get his trilogy, Ant-Man guy about to do his. Favreau chose not to keep directing. Everybody else hasn’t lasted long.

I mean his trilogy is done.

The longest any director(s) have been around are 4 MCU movies; Russo Bros. Whedon left after 2, Taika got his trilogy, Gunn almost didn’t get his trilogy, Ant-Man guy about to do his. Favreau chose not to keep directing. Everybody else hasn’t lasted long.
Taika only directed Ragnarok prior to L&T. Kenneth Branagh did the first film and then Alan Taylor (GOT fame) did Dark World.

Feige really should've kept Taika as the director rather giving him the added role to write the film. I really don't know where Thor's story goes at this point after Love and Thunder.

Agreed. That was the fumble.

BUT... Like WASPS ANDD ASPS WASPS ANDD ASPS said a few pages back, the storyline was great, it just needed a more serious tone. Can't just make every pivotal moment in the movie a joke .

PO

I believe if Taika didn't write the movie, the writing for Gorr's would've been more fleshed out. Missed out on so much on making him a truly menacing villain in the film and the MCU.

(Yes, I know the MCU picks and chooses the material. But if they also had Gorr do some of things he did in the comic book through out the universe would have been great.)

Feige really should've kept Taika as the director rather giving him the added role to write the film. I really don't know where Thor's story goes at this point after Love and Thunder.
Perhaps you’re right. Thor 3 was so good. Was just let down with this film

Based on the end credits, Thor should be involved in more godly/cosmic stories. Which I don’t mind if done well.

wong.png

Taika only directed Ragnarok prior to L&T. Kenneth Branagh did the first film and then Alan Taylor (GOT fame) did Dark World.
I don’t know why but I kept thinking L&T was the 3rd movie.

Kinda plugging in IF and EG as mini Thor movies in my head given his character progression.

Yall throwing that word around way too much. I think some of you marvel fans are in serious denial about the state of the MCU. Phase 4 had been trash all around (save for a couple of spots). The quality as a whole has drastically dropped since Endgame.
No different quality than phase 1. Just more movies and TV series.

But you're gauge of what's a good superhero story is warped given the DC movies you like.

No different quality than phase 1. Just more movies and TV series.

But you're gauge of what's a good superhero story is warped given the DC movies you like.
Why do you always bring up DC when it comes to a discussion about Marvel? You wanna to start up another debate, meet me in the DCEU thread then.

And quality wise, nothing in phase 4 can touch Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, or The Avengers.

Last edited:
Not sure if I’ll understand ppl trying to bring down a phase by saying solo movies can’t touch Avengers. That should probably be true in most cases seeing how that’s an event film that took multiple solo films to get to.

Not sure if I’ll understand ppl trying to bring down a phase by saying solo movies can’t touch Avengers. That should probably be true in most cases seeing how that’s an event film that took multiple solo films to get to.
Where is phase 4's event film? The eternals? 😂😂 This current phase is trash. Lack of quality and disappointing ticket sales prove that.

Back
Top Bottom