WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

Speculation is growing that Sacha Baron Cohen has entered the Marvel Cinematic Universe with a role in Marvel Studios’ upcoming Disney+ series Ironheart as a comic book villain.

A source close to the production confirmed to Deadline that there has been talk on the set about Cohen being part of Ironheart, likely playing Mephisto. Reps for Marvel and Cohen have refused to comment on any Cohen involvement in Ironheart or the larger MCU.

Like with any major Marvel characters, word is that Cohen would appear in other projects. If the Mephisto alter ego is confirmed, that could include the upcoming WandaVision spinoff Agatha: Coven of Chaos as Mephisto had a presence (but was never shown) on the praised mothership series starring Elizabeth Olsen.

Word of Cohen’s potential Marvel involvement started spreading on social media this past weekend when multiple comic-focused Twitter accounts reported on the rumor of Cohen’s casting as a villain, with attention ultimately focusing on Mephisto as the lead theory for his role.

The six-episode Ironheart, created by Chinaka Hodge, stars Dominique Thorne as Marvel character Riri Williams, a genius inventor and creator of the most advanced suit of armor since Iron Man. Previously announced cast also includes Anthony Ramos, Manny Montana, Shakira Barrera, Alden Ehrenreich, Regan Aliyah, Shea Couleé, and Zoe Terakes.

Word of Cohen’s likely MCU casting comes on the heels of Deadline’s story about Harrison Ford taking on the role of General Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross in Captain America: New World Order.

Best known for his docu-style comedy movies, most notably the hit Borat franchise, Cohen also is an Oscar-nominated actor for his performance in Aaron Sorkin’s The Trial Of the Chicago 7. He is attached to star in Disclaimer, an Apple TV+ series written and directed by Alfonso Cuarón, based on the 2015 novel of the same name by Renée Knight.

I was hoping that the DCEU would become something relatively close in quality as the MCU

Then I saw
3620A830-75E8-4C4B-8BE8-C16FD9B4F09D.jpeg

(Full disclosure I’m a huge The Rock fan and I’m disappointed in the lack of fresh. The people’s champ would never)

My guy really rocked a tight button up vest and expected us to hope for sequels?

Real talk … I hope i’m wrong and Black Adam is a hit and propels the dceu into infinite success

I was hoping that the DCEU would become something relatively close in quality as the MCU

Then I saw
3620A830-75E8-4C4B-8BE8-C16FD9B4F09D.jpeg

(Full disclosure I’m a huge The Rock fan and I’m disappointed in the lack of fresh. The people’s champ would never)

My guy really rocked a tight button up vest and expected us to hope for sequels?

Real talk … I hope i’m wrong and Black Adam is a hit and propels the dceu into infinite success
DC sucks

The closer we get to release, the more I feel like Black Adam is going to be another, “The Rock plays ____”, but I think its going to do numbers and people are going to enjoy it. If I learned anything from this thread, its that some people just want basic ****. They don’t want expectations subverted, they don’t want to figure anything out, they just want to feel like they know whats going on again. BA is about to be right up these people’s ally.

They couldn’t get a roided out tall woman to play the role?

I guess our new Black Widow Bae isn’t a big Hollywood name so that’s why her salary is $10 million.

Nah just DC.

WB has a bunch of other successful studios and classic movies
I’m not going to denigrate Warner Bros. Nor can I list all of the movies they’ve released in the last few years. I’d say the stuff they pumped into HBO Max was wack besides the Fred Hampton biopic. Godzilla vs Kong, Mortal Kombat, The Little Things, etc have been lackluster.

There’s definitely good (the animated DC and Mortal Kombat films). Batman. The Suicide Squad.

But you’re right.

Back
Top Bottom