WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

I wouldn’t say RiRi’s character was dreadful, but I didn’t really care for the character after the movie finished.

maybe that will change with her series coming out, but her character felt kinda meh to me.

I can’t believe they jobbed Attuma and Namora like that.

And is the only reason Shuri won becuz of the evaporation chamber?

I’d “assume” Shuri would be the better fighter due to her royal upbringing. But Namor power wise is stronger than most of the Avengers with the exception of Thor and Hulk. He’d probably lose to Captain Marvel.

I dunno. Based on the comics? Or the movie?

We never got a frame of reference to his abilities. They clearly said Namor is as strong as the Hulk. Plus he can fly. I mean swoop in pick him up and drop him from a high height.

Not taking anything away from T’Challa’s intelligence, fighting skills and abilities. Plus he has tech so he can be a sort of Black Batman type character.

Last edited:
And then he was fighting Winter Soldier and maybe Cap…

So his fighting ability was there. He obviously is privy to advance technology. The Herb probably gives him enhanced speed, strength and reflexes.

But it’s kind of like saying will Cap beat Hulk?

Hulk can’t fight for ish. But that strength and durability is going to be a problem with just a shield.

Saw it today at my local Movie Tavern (gotta love Tuesday $8 movies and $8 cheese pizzas!). I thought it was awesome! Such a wonderful tribute to Chadwick.
Was really shocked they went right into his death. Was thinking how they were gonna do it (didn't read ANY reviews or spoilers. Figured they would have his death like 20 or 30 minutes in).

Loved how Shuri took the mantle over (but her vengeance did consume her and it got a bit dark). Didn't expect Contessa & Ross to be Ex's. That was an interesting twist. Will be interesting to see how Harrison Ford does as Thunderbolt Ross and if he is Everett's dad (which I would assume he is).

Riri's intro was really cool. Though the suit needs an overhaul. Needs to be more "tactical" without the Ironheart motif. Glad they fixed her 'Hemi 'Cuda.

Didn't expect to see Kilmonger and the ending with Toussaint was shocking!! Overall, a great tribute that Coogler should be proud (and I'm sure we all know Chadwick would be).

Dominique Thorne looks too old to be playing RiRi. MCU should have cast someone with younger look.

Angela Bassett nailed it. Perfection. Oscar nominated?

Letitia Wright so over her…can we move on from her?

Tenoch Huerta stellar!

Whoever played Attuma - maaaannnn!

M’Baku with the humor - love it!

6.8/8

Not really felling Julia as Valentina, either. It was a drag in this movie.

Always felt Shang Chi wasn't the best part of his own movie.
Simu's depiction seems a little too nice and not even in the Jackie Chan sort of way. His father as the villain atole the show. The flashbacks with his mom and dad were more compelling.

First movie though so they have time to figure it out and make him more interesting.

Last edited:
Really enjoyed the film. Yes ,it's long, but didn't feel thaaaaat long to me. The beginning of the movie was appropriate and worked. Absolutely loved Namor's backstory. As a Hispanic, I found the tale so intriguing. Mayan culture is fascinating. And the underwater scene with Con La Brisa playing was awesome.

If Coogler keeps this up he'll be in high demand.

I had one of my asian friends say he wished Coogler directed Shang-Chi :lol:

I dunno. Based on the comics? Or the movie?

We never got a frame of reference to his abilities. They clearly said Namor is as strong as the Hulk. Plus he can fly. I mean swoop in pick him up and drop him from a high height.
His suit would just absorb the impact and redirect it.

Ant really high height and he'd just be saved by a Wakandan ship either by his doing or his sister's. Dong forget the heart shaped herb names you as durable and resistant as a super soldier. Steve has fallen multiple stories and got up.

^^^
Honestly, the main thing I have enjoyed about Coogler's BP projects is the dedication and time he has given to them & he has successfully proven he can write and direct a project. He plays no games and based off this work I know he will always be respectful of whatever franchise or project is handed to him.

Both movies have fantastic imagery, meaningful storylines, exceptional music & tremendous acting. I really hope he is considered for Secret Wars.

PO

Back
Top Bottom