WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

The hype probably killed this movie for me. It was a solid movie, but Michael B Jordans acting definitely still needs some refinement. And I feel like there were some really slow scenes, feel like the editors could have definitely cut some scenes. The imagery was great, and of course great to see the cast.

I wonder if the rating people are giving depend whether or not you are a Marvel/comic book fan

The storyline obviously had holes in it

I don't understand why the left cuzzo, they could have brought him back to Wakanda and just lied to him about how his father was killed

Aslo surprised they included a white savior complex in the movie. Like the white man can be trusted

You're wrong (so is ameL as usual).

Challenge is only over after a death or admitting defeat.

Neither happened.

And as far as cheating goes, nobody but Nakia, M'Baku (and some of his guards), Shuri, and Ramonda know T'Challa got help.

:lol: @ the king proclaimed no more challenges. In a certain light, Killmonger burning the heart shaped herb garden and saying that are signs of a coward.

The last part makes no damn sense with the comparisons.

Agent Ross too

The hype probably killed this movie for me. It was a solid movie, but Michael B Jordans acting definitely still needs some refinement. And I feel like there were some really slow scenes, feel like the editors could have definitely cut some scenes. The imagery was great, and of course great to see the cast.

I wonder if the rating people are giving depend whether or not you are a Marvel/comic book fan

I don't understand why the left cuzzo, they could have brought him back to Wakanda and just lied to him about how his father was killed

Aslo surprised they included a white savior complex in the movie. Like the white man can be trusted
I mean at least have the white people make sense of your going to add them. Andy serkis was 100% not needed to have that big of a role. As the plot line didn’t really go anywhere. It wasn’t as if MBJ needed him to give him directions. He had his dads map. Klaw just needed to die and that was it.

And Martin freeman, even more unnecessary

To your first spoiler I believe him being left played into an underlying theme in the movie. What if he was left because Tchaka didn’t consider him Wakandan since his mother was AA

son of a traitor? could probably trace back or something

The thing about Black Panther is that although technically it is a solo film, the cast was so deep and talented that it felt like an ensemble movie. Bozeman did not have to carry his movie. IIn fact in comparison to other characters in the film he wasn't even the most interesting one. In comparison I feel like Brie Larson is going to have to carry her movie.

I mean at least have the white people make sense of your going to add them. Andy serkis was 100% not needed to have that big of a role. As the plot line didn’t really go anywhere. It wasn’t as if MBJ needed him to give him directions. He had his dads map. Klaw just needed to die and that was it.

And Martin freeman, even more unnecessary

Andy Serkis was needed as he was the primary reason for Killmonger to have even gotten into Wakanda

It's a reason why MBJ was handpicked for Killmonger way before the auditioning took place. He was perfect for role in my opinion. Lmao at people in here thinking he didn't look rough/rugged enough for the role. He played the role as enemy number #1 in the world as we know it today. That's why so many fans/people are gravitating towards his character. A young black african-american,who struggled as a kid. He was intellectual,educated,military trained. But he was militant with a brash of hoodness,while not conforming to society,s norm his appearance or action.

That's why its funny seeing people say he just acted hood like the majority of young Black males. Or the he doesnt look like a mit/military trained character. His character was purposely written/filmed that way. I dont think anybody else does a better job at Killmonger, unless if it was Pac in his prime in his 20,s. The point im making is that Killmonger isnt a follow the rules,let me appease my oppressors by keeping my hair short,and wearing suites and hardbottoms everyday while turning his cheek when injustice is going on.

He was the complete opposite,but just highly educated without conforming. Marvel/Coogler did that on purpose. So most people can turn up there face and say why is MBJ playing this character. It was perfectly executed. That's why the character is so controversial right now. Lol at eye brows arched,and manicures. Cats wanted Killmonger to look dusty with no swag. I dont see people say that about most older or current street gangstas,or educated people who keep up there appearance to look clean.

There's people out there with bodies who keep up there appearance. Lol at the reasons for not liking Killmonger. BP set the bar for future releases though. It was the perfect storm at the right time. People where tired of seeing the same type of movies lately. It targeted a certain demographic. Because because of the social issues in this country at the moment,the storyline is attracting new fans. Smart way to gain new fans. Future releases will determine if these new fans will attend new Marvel/Avenger movies in the future.

Andy Serkis was needed as he was the primary reason for Killmonger to have even gotten into Wakanda
He could’ve been killed in the first 5 minutes. Instead half the movie revolves around klaw and chasing him, then it just dropped. All his screen time could’ve been given to Killmonger

Have one of the first scenes be klaw trying to steal the vibranium from the museum. Have nakia be undercover there on a stake out. Etc. BP shows up, freezes etc, MBJ isn’t affiliated with klaw at all but helps him escape then kills him and uses his body to gain favor with wkabi. Boom, you now have tons of free time to use for other stuff

But T'Chaka made the decision to leave his nephew in Oakland. Wasn't that the mistake he admitted to T'Challa?

During Klaue's interrogation, it would have been cool if they dropped a Golem line during that scene.

I had to chuckle when I realized it was Golem and Bilbo sharing the same screen again.

It's a reason why MBJ was handpicked for Killmonger way before the auditioning took place. He was perfect for role in my opinion. Lmao at people in here thinking he didn't look rough/rugged enough for the role. He played the role as enemy number #1 in the world as we know it today. That's why so many fans/people are gravitating towards his character. A young black african-american,who struggled as a kid. He was intellectual,educated,military trained. But he was militant with a brash of hoodness,while not conforming to society,s norm his appearance or action.

That's why its funny seeing people say he just acted hood like the majority of young Black males. Or the he doesnt look like a mit/military trained character. His character was purposely written/filmed that way. I dont think anybody else does a better job at Killmonger, unless if it was Pac in his prime in his 20,s. The point im making is that Killmonger isnt a follow the rules,let me appease my oppressors by keeping my hair short,and wearing suites and hardbottoms everyday while turning his cheek when injustice is going on.

He was the complete opposite,but just highly educated without conforming. Marvel/Coogler did that on purpose. So most people can turn up there face and say why is MBJ playing this character. It was perfectly executed. That's why the character is so controversial right now. Lol at eye brows arched,and manicures. Cats wanted Killmonger to look dusty with no swag. I dont see people say that about most older or current street gangstas,or educated people who keep up there appearance to look clean.

There's people out there with bodies who keep up there appearance. Lol at the reasons for not liking Killmonger. BP set the bar for future releases though. It was the perfect storm at the right time. People where tired of seeing the same type of movies lately. It targeted a certain demographic. Because because of the social issues in this country at the moment,the storyline is attracting new fans. Smart way to gain new fans. Future releases will determine if these new fans will attend new Marvel/Avenger movies in the future.
I think he did a good job too. Matter fact I said he might be my fav MCU villain for now haha

But T'Chaka made the decision to leave his nephew in Oakland. Wasn't that the mistake he admitted to T'Challa?

Fair - however I had to think the king told people his brother was killed, or died. People weren't surprised to find out about his death only that the kang had killed him

FOH wit that ..the notion that it doesn’t deserve the acclaim because it’s politicized is ridiculous. Reminds me of a dude i work with saying Get Out was a 5/10 :lol:

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit I see. I didn't say it didn't deserve it's critical acclaim BECAUSE it's politicized. I'm saying it isn't as good as it's RT score from watching the movie myself. I feel the same for TLJ. But it IS overly politicized to the point where it will skew ther score on both ends. Like I said, it's a solid movie for sure.

Nothing is fishy unless you're looking for something to be. Seems like you just don't want to give the film it's credit.

Exactly, so why is everyone raising suspicion at the 77% RT audience score?! It goes both ways, I'm simply pointing out a devil's advocate scenario for the 98% RT score.

WTF would I NOT want to give credit to where it's due? It's a damn solid movie. It's a good Marvel super hero movie with great visuals, story and music. But it's not the best MCU film out there. Why is this so hard to believe?

Going to be extreme bias with any endeavor that breaks new ground. Folks should be allowed to really like it and folks should be allowed to not be blown away by it. Personal taste. Internet has just become a place where everyone thinks they know everyone else's motives and get to say it.

Exactly this.
I gave it the score I think it deserves and we have people jumping down my throat telling me I'm just not giving credit to the movie, like some pseudo-racist type sh**.

Again, you'll probably get some of that bias on BOTH ends for a movie like this. And I'm seeing one side of it everywhere in this thread. Like your Transformers anecdote, you loved it because of your childhood. For this movie, How many gave it a that extra 1 or 2 on the scale because they're black and having a huge blockbuster with an all-black cast is ground breaking? So far people are taking serious offence to scoring of this movie. Why is that, I wonder?

Last edited:
To your first spoiler I believe him being left played into an underlying theme in the movie. What if he was left because Tchaka didn’t consider him Wakandan since his mother was AA

I guess that is plausible, but they didn't really talk about the disconnect between Wakanda and Black Americans. I assumed they had spies everywhere so at some point there had to be people "mixed" children. I am probably just nitpicking at the moment.

I guess for me leaving the kid painted the king in a more callous light, like maybe everyone gets him killing his brother for Wakanda, but then leaving the kid, is just like he's a jerk, idk

Not an AvsB thread, but I wonder if people think BP > Logan, bc Logan was effin great.

I guess that is plausible, but they didn't really talk about the disconnect between Wakanda and Black Americans. I assumed they had spies everywhere so at some point there had to be people "mixed" children. I am probably just nitpicking at the moment.

I guess for me leaving the kid painted the king in a more callous light, like maybe everyone gets him killing his brother for Wakanda, but then leaving the kid, is just like he's a jerk, idk

Not an AvsB thread, but I wonder if people think BP > Logan, bc Logan was effin great.

Wasn't that pretty much what N'Jobu's speech to T'Chaka was about?

YEP.

KILLMONGER WAS THE BEST PART ABOUT THE MOVIE IN MY OPINION. AND THIS IS COMING FROM A FIRST GENERATION NIGERIAN HERE. :lol: . I'M GLAD MY PARENTS DIDN'T GO SEE THE MOVIE, THEY WOULD OF TORN THOSE ACCENTS APART. COMING FROM A NIGERIAN HOME, THOSE ACCENTS WERE NOT BELIEVABLE AFRICAN ACCENTS AT ALL LOL. WAKANDA IS A MADE UP PLACE SO I GUESS THEY CAN CALL IT THEIR OWN THING. MY ONLY GRIPE ABOUT THE MOVIE.

nahhh, they DEFINITELY sounded south african.

• schemed to get to wakanda by helping klaue with the vibranium
  • poisoned the museum girl
  • blocked the cameras
  • broke klaue out
  • killed his girl
  • killed klaue
  • got to wakanda
  • became king

all within about 72 hrs.

:smokin

logan was great, until they got to the mountain.. and then it went to shhh and didnt deliver on what was being built on the previous 80-85% of the movie

Back
Top Bottom