WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

So was snooping around Wikipedia page for Ken Jeong (Chow from the Hangover) and it has “Avengers: Endgame” on there. “Postproduction cameo” is what it says under notes

Man I asked a coworker just now if he was excited for the Captain Marvel movie in two weeks.

His response was 'Wasn't captain marvel a guy in the comic books?'

Sigh.........

ameL taking another L.. and another one

latest

729423.jpg

250px-Captain_Marvel_29.jpg

Of course he's not wrong. But it doesn't matter.

Some ppl calling Shazam Captain Marvel weren't even alive when he was called Captain Marvel...

Can’t wait for End Game and then to follow up; Spider-Man far from home.

See y’all in April.

P.S., Wish I had the time stone.

Last edited:
CM will not get a fair shake from viewers being so close to Endgame.

Even if it’s Antman and the Wasp level good with similar box office (budget 160M, BO 660M) that’s a win for Marvel. CM will be a completely independent film from Endgame except the end credit scene. But people will go into it thinking it’s a post-prequel to EG bc if it being 6 weeks from the big show

I'm honestly passing on CM, dont care for spoilers that may soon be coming. Only thing I want to see is the End of credit scene. And I'll get that on YouTube 3 days after release.

CM will not get a fair shake from viewers being so close to Endgame.

Yup.. don’t see how marvel didn’t see that coming

Maybe if WW didn’t come out before it.. cause obviously the average joes ain’t big on CM

Cause even if they did John Stewart for green lantern or did Martian manhunter or did a cyborg movie, don’t feel like any hit like BP would/did

Whereas WW is that iconic thing for women

Last edited:
BP just felt like more than just a black superhero.. shh it was more than just a black superhero

Blade, John Stewart, cybord or any other black CBM character isn't pulling THAT..

storm is the only 1 I think could come anywhere close, but then you're not getting that level of return for a storm solo movie

Plus you had dude stealing the show in CW.. really marvel should have had her showing up as the end credit and then do her movie after IW

Let's not be disingenuous here. The timing of the release close to End Game has NOTHING to do with why fans feel the way they do about the upcoming CM movie :lol:

Nothing. Nada. Zero :lol:

Yes it does

After IW, I didn't really care that much about antman and the wasp.. people ain't getting their panties in a bunch over that barely discussed film other than how it can impact EG

Ant Man 2 is a poor example.

First of all, men and women alike actually like ant man.

Men HATE Captain Marvel. Or at least the woman playing captain marvel. I couldn't post a pic of brie pic with a friend without seeing misogynistic posts for two pages

It was the movie right after a huge event film

Captain marvel is the movie right before another one

Marvel unlike BP, hasn't done a great job.. WW being 1 of the only half decent DCEU films plus the iconic woman character hasn't helped

Hell I think marvel would have been better off introducing she hulk at the end of infinity war somehow.. and a she hulk movie would be far more anticipated, could have Bruce in it doing science stuff and working toward end game

But captain marvel already isn't a big character.. to even average comic fans, you gotta say she's the one rogue got her powers from.. they should have at least pulled a BP and introduced her in infinity war as a preview

Comparing CM to BP other than coming out before the big movies, is doing a disservice to CM

On top of dude stealing the show in CW and that really being his origin story, BP easily had 1 of the best 1st trailers with the run the jewels song

All of the reasons you're listing is disingenuous and just distracting from the fact that men just don't like who was casted for Captain Marvel. They just don't. They really really really don't. Those who do are a real small minority or they are just not vocal about it.

If it was just about apathy towards the character because the character itself is not well known the tone of the criticisms would be a bit different.

Last edited:
All of the reasons you're listing is disingenuous and just distracting from the fact that men just don't like who was casted for Captain Marvel. They just don't. They really really really don't. Those who do are a real small minority or they are just not vocal about it.

I'm 1 man

I am a fan of brie, usually

Wasn't until I saw that 1st real trailer (not that teaser from back whenever that was).. I just don't see her in the role

I don't think this is like heath ledger, who people really didn't like his initial casting.. and quickly changed their tune as soon as a pic of his as joker dropped

People actually waited until there were trailersssss before starting to doubt with CM.. the purpose of the trailer is to sell you on that thing

Now since I'm going pay money to see it, I hope it's good

But I think it is not as simple as it being a female lead CBM, as some have responded to the criticism.. because i think WW got carried for that same reason.. I believe this will be a better movie, because of the MCU.. I just have zero hype based off of what I've seen

BP had me hyped from CW.. that 1st trailer just took things to another level.. CM hasn't done that

Back
Top Bottom