what are the benefits for a man to get married?

This, I was married, wife got preggers by some other cat and the court tried to make me pay child support. Wife told judge it wasn't mine and that we never consummated the marriage. Most I got was a bj and that was when we were in high school. I even took a test that said the child wasn't mine and he still wanted to pin me. It wasnt until the dude stepped up in jail to claim his child that I was let go.

Sadly I was in the Navy the whole time. We got married and she dropped me off at the airport, didn't see her again for 3 years.

Man I know too many chicks that do this, once they pregnant they pick the dude with the most money that they'd be able to get from as the 1 to pin the baby on outa all the potential baby daddies and go from there

Very true but in my case the judge was trying to pin the baby on me. Funny thing is that we would show up to divorce court together and be hanging out with one another laughing while the other couple were on opposite sides of the court room. One lady told my wife, that we should stay together since we got along so well and my wife told her, "Hell no I hate him". We still cool to this day.

Forreal

There's nothing wrong with settling down with a chick but that doesn't mean the most exciting things you do should be dinner and movies.

I have some friends who instantly became boring after starting a serious relationship. Others are still cool and their chicks are cool too so don't mind them tagging along depending on the situation.

To keep it real, my boys with kids and not married are far less fun than I am...I'm the married one and I'm the one trying to drag my mans out to Vegas...lol

Yeah I feel you. That's how I'm going to be/how I've been in serious relationships.

But I'm not even complaining about dudes not wanting to go out/party, I got enough ppl who want to.

It's just how some become boring honebodies with no concept of balance. Go do fun stuff with your SO sometimes.

Anybody that says guarenteed box ain't worth it

Is absolutely right

IMO, its worth it if its truly guaranteed. I lived with my ex for 3 years and I got it once a day. Gave it up anytime I asked and she asked quite a bit herself.

Very true but in my case the judge was trying to pin the baby on me. Funny thing is that we would show up to divorce court together and be hanging out with one another laughing while the other couple were on opposite sides of the court room. One lady told my wife, that we should stay together since we got along so well and my wife told her, "Hell no I hate him". We still cool to this day.

Wait...you're still cool with your ex-wife who cheated on you and got pregnant by somebody else while you were in the Navy and YOU never even hit?

I have no words...

Wait...you're still cool with your ex-wife who cheated on you and got pregnant by somebody else while you were in the Navy and YOU never even hit?

I have no words...

By the time she got preggers we were done. She was in Houston and I was out the country and was way too busy to get a divorce. We were happily married for a year. I could not fault her for what she did, I burnt out on her. I never set up a situation for her to join me. It got to the point I was always gone.

Last edited:
me and my girl have talked about it, and neither of us are ready to get married until we're BOTH financially stable on our own. but yeah, dudes are underestimating genuinely enjoying your girl's company. don't get me wrong, i like going out and having drinks with friends. but now? i rather order a pizza, sit home with my girl, have drinks to ourselves and watch a movie. i guess i'm just wired differently than a lot of yall

See thats the thing, for those of yall that really r cool with chilling on the couch with a chick watching netflix or what not all the time maybe this is the right type of lifestyle for yall but not everyone built like that.  I can enjoy that once in awhile but definitely not all the time and don't think that's just for me like that even when I get older

That's the thing though. It's not like that's all we do lol. We didn't become shut ins when we got together. We still go out with friends, the priorities are just different. I'm not out there trying to slay a broad for the night, just relaxing with my girl and some friends.

If anything it's more fun now because I loathed staying home when I was single. Now I actually like staying in with my girl instead of going out and dealing with everything involved

me and my girl have talked about it, and neither of us are ready to get married until we're BOTH financially stable on our own. but yeah, dudes are underestimating genuinely enjoying your girl's company. don't get me wrong, i like going out and having drinks with friends. but now? i rather order a pizza, sit home with my girl, have drinks to ourselves and watch a movie. i guess i'm just wired differently than a lot of yall
thats all i want and what i need , just chilling at the house in sweat pants or jeans on a couch fondling under a blanket watching scandal or what ever comes out tuesday on iTunes with a dog roaming around and a kid trying to balance himself walking. soon 
Add me to the list too with the exception of not wanting a dog. I don't need a gang of chicks but if I'm single no need to turn it down lol. In a relationship I'm good though as long as you find a chick that's on the same vibe whatever they may be imo.

Exactly the same situation I'm in.

The reason the divorce rate is so high is because people do not take their vows seriously. Divorce is an easy way out of something that you swore before God "til death do us part" and "for better or for worse" if this screwed up society upheld their vows than the divorce rate wouldn't be so high. We live in a society of hypocrites who think getting a divorce is fine but gasp at the thought of same-sex marriages.

I'm getting married in July. I've been with my fiance for 6 years and I guess you could say I am very traditional. We still don't live together and I won't have children unless we are married. To me, marriage is one of the ultimate gifts that you and your partner can give to each other. Sharing a last name and essentially becoming one.  Aside from the tax breaks, marriage gives your relationship a level of legitimacy and respect that unmarried people unfortunately do not get. Sure, it is a society construct but it's not a bad one. If it isn't for you then that's fine...maybe you haven't met the one who has inspired you to change your mind.

You guys sound likee a bunch of romeo and juliets and in here talking bout" we together as one, the spirit the moon and the sun can't hold us back." I've never heard old married people speak like this. Y'all must be newly weds.

Last edited:

umm it IS that easy once you start collecting that paper..seen it happen to my cousin first hand, regular dude wit a regular

*****, soon as they broke up, son re-uped wit a gig making 6 figures and he was like da lakers after 2014 with all that cap space,

you can sign whoever da **** you want, straight looking like a juicy steak to these ******* out here when you riding, and got

paper.

hell, da MINUTE i first got my chain i had THOTS calling me out da blue talking bout "hey stranger, when we chilling?" pssh
laugh.gif

soon as you good, you turn da tables, you become da one women pursue and you can then weed out da wackness from da dopeness

and pick from da cream of da crop, you subscribing to that settle lifestyle, thats cool and all but it ain't for everyone.
Bruh...you proud of attracting birds? Birds that only see you as a $$$$

Live on pimp with your chain and all
laugh.gif
guess what though, you can pick da top bird from that flock hawking you down and domesticate it once you put down that good wood,

done it plenty of times myself.

at da end of da day though, im just built ALOT different then you, like you eluded to before im a only child so my mentality has always been forged

on that "born alone die alone" mantra. there's NOTHING no one else can do that can make me happy that i can't do for myself.

for me to ALLOW a woman in my life she's gotta be worthy of my attention, ain't **** entitled, once that mutual level of respect is there then we

can build, alot of cats in here act like yambs is make or break, nahh b, paper is...yambs comes standard like power windows once you moving at a certain

speed.

ill be damned if da worst thing that ever happens to me is da day i met some chick, and ruined what i already got going on...nah b im good.

marriage is definitely not on da top 20 things i would wanna do right now.

I'd rather have a regular lady than a top notch bird.

"Can't turn a *** to a housewife"

And :lol: at the chain attracting girls. If that's the reason they hit you up those are the exact type of birds you want to avoid at all costs.

Last edited:

umm it IS that easy once you start collecting that paper..seen it happen to my cousin first hand, regular dude wit a regular

*****, soon as they broke up, son re-uped wit a gig making 6 figures and he was like da lakers after 2014 with all that cap space,

you can sign whoever da **** you want, straight looking like a juicy steak to these ******* out here when you riding, and got

paper.

hell, da MINUTE i first got my chain i had THOTS calling me out da blue talking bout "hey stranger, when we chilling?" pssh :lol:

soon as you good, you turn da tables, you become da one women pursue and you can then weed out da wackness from da dopeness

and pick from da cream of da crop, you subscribing to that settle lifestyle, thats cool and all but it ain't for everyone.

Bruh...you proud of attracting birds? Birds that only see you as a $$$$

Live on pimp with your chain and all :lol:
guess what though, you can pick da top bird from that flock hawking you down and domesticate it once you put down that good wood,

done it plenty of times myself.

at da end of da day though, im just built ALOT different then you, like you eluded to before im a only child so my mentality has always been forged

on that "born alone die alone" mantra. there's NOTHING no one else can do that can make me happy that i can't do for myself.

for me to ALLOW a woman in my life she's gotta be worthy of my attention, ain't **** entitled, once that mutual level of respect is there then we

can build, alot of cats in here act like yambs is make or break, nahh b, paper is...yambs comes standard like power windows once you moving at a certain

speed.

ill be damned if da worst thing that ever happens to me is da day i met some chick, and ruined what i already got going on...nah b im good.

marriage is definitely not on da top 20 things i would wanna do right now.

View media item 575226
Keep thinkin that pleighbois.

I feel bad for women, look what they have to choose from. Men who want to be 60 year old bachelors or think its rational just to have a baby mama :lol:

I feel bad for women, look what they have to choose from. Men who want to be 60 year old bachelors or think its rational just to have a baby mama :lol:

silly logic, please dont feel bad for these women out here, bc its just as many shady, silly, immature and foolish women out here in these streets.

man marriage is so weak nowadays. honestly, ive seen probaby 3 successful marriages. but shidd nobody knowns what goes on under others roofs. could just be a big act. on my dad side nobody is happily married, nobody. then on my mother side nobody is married, and they seem miserable. man im so on the fence about marriage. i want a wife, kids, and true loyal deep love but damn.

im starting to realize im not built like i used to be...the age 17-25. good lawd i could run through women and not give a damn. now i wont entertain a women unless shes got a good head on her shoulders and major potential to be a wife.

Last edited:
Given the amount of shady stuff I've seen done by married folks, I definitely don't give marriage added legitimacy.

Outside of the financial benefits one of the main reasons I'll get married is to make my moms happy.

Definitely getting a prenup and probably should get married outside of Cali

I feel bad for women, look what they have to choose from. Men who want to be 60 year old bachelors or think its rational just to have a baby mama
laugh.gif
what is a broad from 2013 bringing to da table that makes em deserve a ring in marriage?..let's talk about that b.

broads can't cook, dont clean, always on instagram/FB/twitter and worried everything else but pleasing her man for da long run, and not just a bottle run...

pssh, i aint never putting that much water in a bucket when i know its prone to leak, im good.

get paper, and everything else will fall into place.

what is a broad from 2013 bringing to da table that makes em deserve a ring in marriage?..let's talk about that b.

broads can't cook, dont clean, always on instagram/FB/twitter and worried everything else but pleasing her man for da long run, and not just a bottle run...

pssh, i aint never putting that much water in a bucket when i know its prone to leak, im good.

Ninja speakin that real ishh today.

dhMeAzK.gif

Do you get into relationships with women who can't cook, clean, and support themselves though? Stop dating broads that aren't about nothing then you wouldn't be saying they aren't marriage quality. Set the standard from the jump. If you cuff a chick that can't cook how you gonna say "you can't cook I'm not marrying you" you knew that already and still entertained her :lol: need to change your surroundings if you can't find a quality chick IMO

You looking in the wrong place/attracting the wrong type of broads then.

My girl can cook, clean, doesn't have FB and is on instagram less than me (she does pinterest a lot though), and showers me with gifts randomly for no reason.

My girl is always surprising me in good ways. Couple weeks ago she was *****ing at me in the morning for no reason. I was just there getting ready to go to work and she took her bad mood out on me. After I left she cooled down and realized she was wrong for blowing up on me. She invited me over before she got out of work that same night and she had a bottle of Hennessy, cheese and crackers, loaf of bread, and homemade ravioli and meatballs waiting for me when I got off work. Left me an apology note and a note saying "drink up" and gave me the yambs when she got home.

Yesterday she called me up from J Crew to ask what size shirt I was. Came home and she had bought me some new clothes for no reason.

She's got a good job too.

I could go on and on listing the pros of dating this chick and they certainly outweigh the few cons.

When you got a girl like this, marriage doesn't seem bad at all.

Last edited:

Step out of Da Heightz...

I know plenty of women in their mid to late 20's from ATL, Cali and a few in NY who all have their life together. They cook, never been married, have no kids, have great jobs, nice apartments that are kept clean (except their bedrooms/closets :lol: somethings are just universal with most women), drive BMW's, Benzes, Audi's and Mini's. They have the mentality that at some point they'd like to retire (early obviously), but they want to build with a man to a point where, what he's doing is big enough to support them and their family.

Seems to me that while your views of women are common, they're based on dealings with a certain type of woman.

Although I will say most folks in the States are at a disadvantage when it comes to women, international women > US women.

You looking in the wrong place/attracting the wrong type of broads then.

My girl can cook, clean, doesn't have FB and is on instagram less than me (she does pinterest a lot though), and showers me with gifts randomly for no reason.

My girl is always surprising me in good ways. Couple weeks ago she was *****ing at me in the morning for no reason. I was just there getting ready to go to work and she took her bad mood out on me. After I left she cooled down and realized she was wrong for blowing up on me. She invited me over before she got out of work that same night and she had a bottle of Hennessy, cheese and crackers, loaf of bread, and homemade ravioli and meatballs waiting for me when I got off work. Left me an apology note and a note saying "drink up" and gave me the yambs when she got home.

Yesterday she called me up from J Crew to ask what size shirt I was. Came home and she had bought me some new clothes for no reason.

She's got a good job too.

I could go on and on listing the pros of dating this chick and they certainly outweigh the few cons.

When you got a girl like this, marriage doesn't seem bad at all.

You winning my mans, keep it up. Hopefully y'all stay at this level forever. And no evils creeps into y'all bond.

Last edited:

I feel bad for women, look what they have to choose from. Men who want to be 60 year old bachelors or think its rational just to have a baby mama
laugh.gif

Do you get into relationships with women who can't cook, clean, and support themselves though? Stop dating broads that aren't about nothing then you wouldn't be saying they aren't marriage quality. Set the standard from the jump
umm have you step foot out da cribs b? da way ya talking about these mythical "i work, cook, clean, got my own job, and pay my own bills

with a college degree" chicks hanging out wit da unicorns & Pegasuses on mount olympic with zeus plotting on bringing back fire for humans.

these stragglas ain't doing nothing other then playing da same game that supposed to be sold not told, they flying out to miami on da next

simp's dime, they throwing da box to promoters to be at all da clubs, they stripping to pay da bills, and their prerogative is "me first because i

got a vag and everyone is giving me attention for it so im entitled to it"

i seen too many good dudes who were barely outta cool school get eaten alive by these heathenz  in these streets b, getting trains ran on em

and telling their man they was out to 6 flags wit her home girls, man...da **** i seen and personally been thru, i just wanna make sure IM STRAIGHT

FIRST before i ever deal with a hefer trying to dog me out, eff marriage, da era of being a DOMINANT male who's got his

**** on point and ain't throwing money at a bad situation like child support or a crazy broad is on da endangered list, its survival times..i suggest

ya watch ya backs.

Back
Top Bottom