What are u sippin on? VOL.......cheers

Had to pass through Nickel City for the holiday vibes.

IMG_0734.jpeg

IMG_3421.jpeg

IMG_3426.jpeg

And had to stop through Total Wine to spend a $100 gift card from work. Grabbed a bottle of Del Maguey Chichicapa (will post when drank) and a bottle of Wee Beastie.

77697B19-2BE2-43A6-A7B3-B4BF294F07F9.jpeg

Background shows a few of the clarified cocktails I made as gifts/holiday party drinks.

IMG_3366.jpeg
Process.

IMG_3368.jpeg

Clarified Holiday Punch.

E5A58A2E-83E3-458E-AC30-8AA7CB308322.jpeg

Clarified Margarita.

IMG_3394.jpeg

Clarified Whiskey Sour.

Not pictured is a clarified pineapple punch I made 2 batches of, probably the best of the clarified bunch.

Last edited:
Just got a Nespresso (Breville Creatista Pro) for Christmas, so started the night with an espresso martini. Revisited the High West Campfire bourbon/scotch blend, still no bueno for my taste. Smoke Wagon Uncut & Unfiltered was good. About to finish with a glass of Buffalo Trace.

Picked up a local store pick Eagle Rare day before Christmas. Cracked it open a couple days ago, on my 2nd pour now. Pretty good. Don't have a frame of reference for regular ER but this one is smooth and packed with sweet flavors. On a rock so the heat is pretty muted on the tongue but feels warm with a pretty decent linger. I need to make friends with the folks at that store :lol:

Picked up a local store pick Eagle Rare day before Christmas. Cracked it open a couple days ago, on my 2nd pour now. Pretty good. Don't have a frame of reference for regular ER but this one is smooth and packed with sweet flavors. On a rock so the heat is pretty muted on the tongue but feels warm with a pretty decent linger. I need to make friends with the folks at that store :lol:
I personally do almost all of my bourbon either on a rock or with a splash of water. Really helps open the flavor profiles, but definitely tailor that to the kind of bottle I’m drinking (my bottle of Pappy won’t be touching anything other than the glass). That sounds like one hell of a pickup though! You wait in line for it or just randomly come across it?

I personally do almost all of my bourbon either on a rock or with a splash of water. Really helps open the flavor profiles, but definitely tailor that to the kind of bottle I’m drinking (my bottle of Pappy won’t be touching anything other than the glass). That sounds like one hell of a pickup though! You wait in line for it or just randomly come across it?
Randomly came across it. Went into a liquor store for some beer, saw the gift basket behind the register and tried to buy only the bottle, was told no its a whole gift basket, ended up with a whole gift basket. Came with a Goose Island bourbon county stout in partnership w/ Eagle Rare (this will age a year and I'll share w/ my best man next Christmas) and some glasses/coasters. Literally only time I've seen Eagle Rare in Oregon so had to jump on it.

Randomly came across it. Went into a liquor store for some beer, saw the gift basket behind the register and tried to buy only the bottle, was told no its a whole gift basket, ended up with a whole gift basket. Came with a Goose Island bourbon county stout in partnership w/ Eagle Rare (this will age a year and I'll share w/ my best man next Christmas) and some glasses/coasters. Literally only time I've seen Eagle Rare in Oregon so had to jump on it.
Saw those Goose Islands at my local Total Wine about a month ago. Almost bought a couple but had a hard time stomaching the cost for a beer :lol: I’ve heard nothing but great things though.

Where in OR? I usually see them on a weekly basis, with picks popping up every few months. I would follow media accounts, stores are usually pretty good with posting certain drops regarding picks.

Here’s a few that I was able to pick up over the last month or so. Might crack one open tonight.

IMG_8619.jpeg

Where in OR? I usually see them on a weekly basis, with picks popping up every few months. I would follow media accounts, stores are usually pretty good with posting certain drops regarding picks.
Ah, I dont have IG or anything to follow stores :lol: this one was down in wilsonville by Costco. Great beer selection for a quieter spot.

Happy New Year, fam!

Tonight - a bottle brought by our friends who came for New Year's yesterday.

1000006080.jpg

Been wanting to try their single malt for years (no Costco anywhere near me - I've never even been in one) and it was shockingly good for a $50 bottle. Couldn't believe their highland is a 15yr, that's wild. Anyway, I highly recommend this!

Last edited:
I wish I lived in a state where costco could sell their liquor in store. Instead we got the whack attached liquor store with way worse options and selection.

Happy New Year, fam!

Tonight - a bottle brought by our friends who came for New Year's yesterday.

1000006080.jpg

Been wanting to try their single malt for years (no Costco anywhere near me - I've never even been in one) and it was shockingly good for a $50 bottle. Couldn't believe their highland is a 15yr, that's wild. Anyway, I highly recommend this!

IMG_5856.jpeg

i had the 10 and 12 with my bro in law for new years as well. kirkland brand actually surprised us with how good it was. i preferred the 10 over the 12.

also had some barrel bourbon batch #35. super smooth.

Back
Top Bottom