What are you saving for? vol. I don't know how to save

FL1300D-02.jpg

This sexy thing
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by taymane23

How do y'all folks save tho I need to know cause 200 bi weekly is ***%!**% to start saving with

No it isn't by any means...If you actually save it and add other means of income to it that adds up, trust me.  
But as for what I'm saving up for 
devil.gif
 (SRT is a little too much for my blood)

images

And

Not particularly this bike, but ANY bike

images

How do y'all folks save tho I need to know cause 200 bi weekly is ***%!**% to start saving with

No it isn't by any means...If you actually save it and add other means of income to it that adds up, trust me.  
But as for what I'm saving up for 
devil.gif
 (SRT is a little too much for my blood)

images

And

Not particularly this bike, but ANY bike

images

damn 100 a week check.
frown.gif

i remember those days man.. cant really save those with the bills that i have so i usually spend every dime of it.
grin.gif
grin.gif

but i recently moved up, now im in a better position making 6-700 a week.
eek.gif
eek.gif

but i worked hard for everything..
pimp.gif

anyways not really saving but..

genesis coupe
xbox
shopping spree for myself since i havent been buying anything for me
and tickets to some clippers/lakers game when season starts.
pimp.gif

damn 100 a week check.
frown.gif

i remember those days man.. cant really save those with the bills that i have so i usually spend every dime of it.
grin.gif
grin.gif

but i recently moved up, now im in a better position making 6-700 a week.
eek.gif
eek.gif

but i worked hard for everything..
pimp.gif

anyways not really saving but..

genesis coupe
xbox
shopping spree for myself since i havent been buying anything for me
and tickets to some clippers/lakers game when season starts.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jaywalkinsince91

Car or bike, roughly 3 g's. Any tips besides the aforementioned bill method

pay yourself first! i used to always hear people say that and think, whatever. but really, PAY YOURSELF FIRST!

at the first of the year, i started  having a set amount of money direct deposited into a seperate savings account and the rest deposited into my checking account. at first i thought i would have to do without and make some hard sacrifices in order to live on less, but nah. actually, by the time the next paycheck rolls around, i still have money left in my checking account that i can spend, plus the initial savings.

so i started to have 3 seperate categories of money. the money left in my checking account the day before the next check is deposited, i go get from the bank and have cash stacked at home.

so 1. i have checking account money for bills and expenses. 2. i have a cash stash that i use to cop sneakers or other impulse buys, but most of the time don't touch 3. i have my savings that i don't touch, and it's stacking fast.

try it.

Originally Posted by jaywalkinsince91

Car or bike, roughly 3 g's. Any tips besides the aforementioned bill method

pay yourself first! i used to always hear people say that and think, whatever. but really, PAY YOURSELF FIRST!

at the first of the year, i started  having a set amount of money direct deposited into a seperate savings account and the rest deposited into my checking account. at first i thought i would have to do without and make some hard sacrifices in order to live on less, but nah. actually, by the time the next paycheck rolls around, i still have money left in my checking account that i can spend, plus the initial savings.

so i started to have 3 seperate categories of money. the money left in my checking account the day before the next check is deposited, i go get from the bank and have cash stacked at home.

so 1. i have checking account money for bills and expenses. 2. i have a cash stash that i use to cop sneakers or other impulse buys, but most of the time don't touch 3. i have my savings that i don't touch, and it's stacking fast.

try it.

It's really all about financial discipline.  You literally just gotta keep your eyes on the bigger picture.  Roughly 25% of my check goes to my savings account (get paid every week, temp. work).  If I were you, I'd aim for $40 per check to go into savings.  You're talking nearly $1000 saved up in a year.  Cut out fast food as much as you can.  Start out slow by bringing your lunch 1-2 days a week and you'll start appreciating the extra bucks in your pocket.  But while you're tossing that $40 in the piggy bank, set aside an extra $20 for short-term savings (maybe you want some Jordans coming out soon).  I found it sooo much easier to save for the long-term when I accomplish my short-term goals.

I'm saving for:
-Vegas
-LED taillights

It's really all about financial discipline.  You literally just gotta keep your eyes on the bigger picture.  Roughly 25% of my check goes to my savings account (get paid every week, temp. work).  If I were you, I'd aim for $40 per check to go into savings.  You're talking nearly $1000 saved up in a year.  Cut out fast food as much as you can.  Start out slow by bringing your lunch 1-2 days a week and you'll start appreciating the extra bucks in your pocket.  But while you're tossing that $40 in the piggy bank, set aside an extra $20 for short-term savings (maybe you want some Jordans coming out soon).  I found it sooo much easier to save for the long-term when I accomplish my short-term goals.

I'm saving for:
-Vegas
-LED taillights

i love shopping
indifferent.gif
and saving ...

love seeing the money stack just cause

emergency fund
investments
cash
etc ...

Back