What are your true feelings about the Jordan Brand?

Originally Posted by StalRizal

Btw, you've been collecting since '93, huh? And you're 24 now...meaning you were collecting since you were...7. SEVEN. Are you serious?

Of course you're not.
haha wha? im 27 , havent been collecting since 93 , i dont see myself as a "collector" . i buy shoes cause i love the design and the comfort , not to have them in my closet to collect dust, but hmm let me see , i think i got my first pair of J's around 92 ( the VII's) , so yea , i can see differences 

Originally Posted by StalRizal

Btw, you've been collecting since '93, huh? And you're 24 now...meaning you were collecting since you were...7. SEVEN. Are you serious?

Of course you're not.
haha wha? im 27 , havent been collecting since 93 , i dont see myself as a "collector" . i buy shoes cause i love the design and the comfort , not to have them in my closet to collect dust, but hmm let me see , i think i got my first pair of J's around 92 ( the VII's) , so yea , i can see differences 

Originally Posted by Rob1ne

im goin to continue to complain and complain and complain until i see some changes , "you dont like it?" "leave the forum or get used to it"

Who are you?

im goin to continue to complain and complain and complain until i see some changes , "you dont like it?" "leave the forum or get used to it"

Who are you?

At the end of the day its only shoes..some of yall act like its the end of the world because they aren't like they were back in the day..and for the record I was born before Jordan's were being made..

At the end of the day its only shoes..some of yall act like its the end of the world because they aren't like they were back in the day..and for the record I was born before Jordan's were being made..

Originally Posted by JordanHead21

Who are you?
afrika bambaataa , who r u?

Who are you?
afrika bambaataa , who r u?

Only negative feelings at the moment. I understand that everything needs to evolve, but please, do it in the right direction! if they decide to create a new shoe , please show some creativity and put some damn work behind it! all those hybrids/fusions are just a straight up trash! it just shows the greediness of the company. Not just that , the retro's are just gettin worse..imo , if you decide to make a retro , please give the fans a shoe thats nearly identical to the OG or else there's no point? if somebody tells me , theyre goin to retro the jordan V black/metallic ..then of course i expect the black/metallic V, not a shoe that's just quite similar to the OG?? i think JB's loosin a lot of fans thanks to their drastic changes in the retro line. Me myself .. when i buy J's nowadays (which isnt often) i stick to the old retro line from early 00's..i maybe have to pay a lil bit more, sometimes a lot more, but its definetily worth it ! quality and design are superior compared to the ones we see today. Qualitywise? i dont even goin to bring that up , everybody knows how bad it is , some ppl just tend to deny it.
pimp.gif

Only negative feelings at the moment. I understand that everything needs to evolve, but please, do it in the right direction! if they decide to create a new shoe , please show some creativity and put some damn work behind it! all those hybrids/fusions are just a straight up trash! it just shows the greediness of the company. Not just that , the retro's are just gettin worse..imo , if you decide to make a retro , please give the fans a shoe thats nearly identical to the OG or else there's no point? if somebody tells me , theyre goin to retro the jordan V black/metallic ..then of course i expect the black/metallic V, not a shoe that's just quite similar to the OG?? i think JB's loosin a lot of fans thanks to their drastic changes in the retro line. Me myself .. when i buy J's nowadays (which isnt often) i stick to the old retro line from early 00's..i maybe have to pay a lil bit more, sometimes a lot more, but its definetily worth it ! quality and design are superior compared to the ones we see today. Qualitywise? i dont even goin to bring that up , everybody knows how bad it is , some ppl just tend to deny it.
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

tons of it

pimp.gif

tons of it

as much as i LOVE JB it relly disapints me latley they make small changes on the retros being released which are really necessary,,,,,, and the quality of the materials used on the shoes the shoes for the retail prices i would expect JB to use TOP Quality materials but o well.

as much as i LOVE JB it relly disapints me latley they make small changes on the retros being released which are really necessary,,,,,, and the quality of the materials used on the shoes the shoes for the retail prices i would expect JB to use TOP Quality materials but o well.

Ironically, the fusion and retros are being done for the masses and casuals...which we all were at one point. I mean, if you guys can't admit to buying a pair of ace '83's or b-ques because you could swing for air force 1's or bakin's, and that y'all knew what what was right off the bat, then you're lying to yourselves. If it wasn't for retros, half the folks on NT wouldn't be able to front about how OG they were because they wouldn't have a pair of replica joints to complain about and compare to the originals that they don't even own. Nike sees no money from the resale of shoes, so why not make retros? They're doing you a favor because it let's you have what you may have been too young to cop. As for the price, well that's just inflation. Besides, if you could sell a shoe for $150 instead of $115, wouldn't you? It's not a charity, and no one has to buy the retros, but you know what? They always sell out. Why? Because hypebeasts who want to complain about how much better it was back in the day need to have something to complain about...so they wait in line, shell out the cash and buy the rerererelease of the XI because they want to pose with it AND complain about it. How can JB win?

If you want to send a clear message to JB that you don't like what they're putting out, don't buy it. In addition, sell your current retros for $20 to make a statement that they are overpricing their product...I'll take them off your hands if you're all so upset.

Ironically, the fusion and retros are being done for the masses and casuals...which we all were at one point. I mean, if you guys can't admit to buying a pair of ace '83's or b-ques because you could swing for air force 1's or bakin's, and that y'all knew what what was right off the bat, then you're lying to yourselves. If it wasn't for retros, half the folks on NT wouldn't be able to front about how OG they were because they wouldn't have a pair of replica joints to complain about and compare to the originals that they don't even own. Nike sees no money from the resale of shoes, so why not make retros? They're doing you a favor because it let's you have what you may have been too young to cop. As for the price, well that's just inflation. Besides, if you could sell a shoe for $150 instead of $115, wouldn't you? It's not a charity, and no one has to buy the retros, but you know what? They always sell out. Why? Because hypebeasts who want to complain about how much better it was back in the day need to have something to complain about...so they wait in line, shell out the cash and buy the rerererelease of the XI because they want to pose with it AND complain about it. How can JB win?

If you want to send a clear message to JB that you don't like what they're putting out, don't buy it. In addition, sell your current retros for $20 to make a statement that they are overpricing their product...I'll take them off your hands if you're all so upset.

Jordan Brand is being financially smart with all their choices...If they cut the quality and bang up the price they make more money..its just a damn game IMO

Consumers will continue to feed off the brand and it will continue to fuel the bad ideas that they are coming up with

Rob1ne..I agree with what you said 100%

Jordan Brand is being financially smart with all their choices...If they cut the quality and bang up the price they make more money..its just a damn game IMO

Consumers will continue to feed off the brand and it will continue to fuel the bad ideas that they are coming up with

Rob1ne..I agree with what you said 100%

The quality is a direct result of the price. We all accept that to some extent, we're paying for the name, but if you want quality like the OG, then buy the OG. With retros, you're getting a copy of a copy of a copy...and each iteration will have small changes, but part of it is machining, and part of it is loyalty to the folks who got in on the ground floor. Why should a 17 year old have the same exact shoe that a 29 year old has? They shouldn't...hence the cosmetic changes.

The quality is a direct result of the price. We all accept that to some extent, we're paying for the name, but if you want quality like the OG, then buy the OG. With retros, you're getting a copy of a copy of a copy...and each iteration will have small changes, but part of it is machining, and part of it is loyalty to the folks who got in on the ground floor. Why should a 17 year old have the same exact shoe that a 29 year old has? They shouldn't...hence the cosmetic changes.

Back
Top Bottom