What current NBA player you think could take MJ 1-on-1 in his prime?

D-Whistle
Tony Parker
Kobe
Lebron
Brandon Roy

would all pose a bit of a challenge to MJ, but none of them would be able to hold him down defensively, except maybe Kobe.

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

Juice.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

Originally Posted by dyyhard

wow. but Brandon Roy isn't even in his prime yet(or is he?). So what kind of match up would that be down the line? we know he's solid, so how much better can B Roy get?

I would like to see a younger Paul Pierce go against MJ in his prime.
As much as a fan I am of Pierce, it wouldn't be a pretty sight. Here he is against a 38 year old MJ. I don't see any guard beating MJ. He was THAT good.
pimp.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKS7uZ40kqUhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKS7uZ40kqU

there's a lot of that clip that's still within a team concept, coming off screens/defensive court awareness, but he probably got ownedthat game. I don't think Pierce would have a good chance at beating MJ, as Airwing03 said. Pierce(nor anyone) would not beat MJ in his prime, but if you put themin a gym one on one for an hour, I'd still watch to see how young Pierce adjusts (or breaks down in defeat).

First of all do NBA players play 1 on 1?
tongue.gif

MJ could've got beat 1 on 1 by Lebron,Kobe,McGrady,Granger,Pierce etc but MJ was a far greater team player than all those dudes. MJ wasnt just a scoringmachine he had the intangibles that other guys dont have.

As good as MJ is i dont see how he would be able to keep up with a guy like Lebron or Dwight Howard when it comes to one on one. Both would straight over powerhim EASY and on defense both are athetic and can keep him contained and from having alot of room to shoot (and they each have such long arms that even if theyare far they can contest it) and no way MJ could power either inside. So i would say Lebron or D12 coud take MJ one on one just because they are both freakishatletes.

Other than that i dont think anybody else can. Because for forwards/centers no one is athletically gifted enough like D12 to keep up with MJ in his prime, andno guard is talented enough to keep up with him (except maybe Kobe would give him a run for his $ but at the end id still put my $ on Jordan)

i think ron artest could give Jordan some trouble. Ron can post MJ on offense and play body-up defense.

I think he has a shot..

None and here's my opinion why.

Lets say you take Dwight Howard - He could not keep up with MJ's speed and of course let's not forget that MJ can shoot a 3. Now, as I remember 3points is worth more than a dunk. Dunking as all that Dwight would be able to do against MJ.

Now you say that Kobe can shoot 3's all day right. Well let's not forget that MJ was one of the best trash talkers in the league and could get intoANYONES head. I don't think Kobe could fight off MJ for very long. MJ would simply impose his will on Kobe. I will concede and say that this might be theclosest match up though.

As for Lebron - He is definitely a beast and a freak of nature, but so was MJ. People on here forget how strong MJ was and how much muscle he put on during his'breakfast club', or whatever it was called, days. Lebron has a hard time going through people because he feels like he should/can go right around them(which he can do a majority of the time). But, the only one who plays defense remotely as much, and as intense as MJ, is Kobe. That's the only personLebron can compare a 'defensive minded' player to. Lebron also lacks the desire to shut someone down defensively and still doesn't have as much ofthe 'killer instinct' as MJ or Kobe does. So much like with Dwight, MJ can stand out on the 3 point line and decide whether to shoot the trey or todrive to the rim. I would dare say that Lebron wouldn't be able to get many 3's off with MJ guarding him, and if he did his 3 point shooting reallyisn't that good.

MJ had a total set of skills that no one has yet to rival.

This is of course just my humble opinion.

MJ vs. Dwight Howard: "Let's shoot for ball." Dwight: hits all backboard. MJ: swish... and that pretty much tells the story.
Final Score: MJ 11, Dwight 3

Lebron would give him a tough matchup but isn't skilled enough...he would have to resort to backing up to halfcourt everytime and charging full-speed likeit was a fast break.
Final score: MJ 11, Lebron 7

83585989.jpg

My dude Walter is a beast
pimp.gif

but really tho, Kobe cant D him and Lebron is too mentally weak

Back
Top Bottom