What does it mean to be hoodrich?

Not to be that guy but it looks like you gotta be a minority to be hoodrich in this thread. What about the trailer park dudes with the tricked out monster trucks or the Jersey shore type dudes with the fancy clothes and cars but livin with mommy?

Why can't people in lower income areas have nice things? 

Are they supposed to drive buckets and shop and the "thrift shop" just because they don't  live in a middle or upper class area?

Yeah maybe they hustlin backwards some of the times but its cool.

They want to feel like there worth something they want to wear things that make them feel good. 

This aint even a hood thing its a universal thing, if you are into material possessions you gonna get it.

needing material objects to feel like you're worth something? These people are doomed.

So if you have an apartment on Park Ave and drive an S550 you're hood rich.

Man
roll.gif
can you even rent on park ave? i thought that was nothin but condos, like you had to buy em

whats there to explain? what i posted was mad simple though
laugh.gif
having a benz and living in a apartment
Bern, Switzerland. Average monthly rent: $2,687. This 510-square-foot unfurnished apartment can be rented for $6,380.

Zurich, Switzerland. Average monthly rent: $3,915. This 770-square-foot unfurnished apartment can be rented for $13,617.

Hong Kong, China. Average monthly rent: $7,092. Furnished for $122,508 a month.

Tokyo, Japan. Average monthly rent: $4,513. This apartment in the Atago Green Hills Forest Tower will set you back $10,204.

...I hope those tennants have bimmers, 'cause apparently having a benz would be hoodrich

roll.gif
wait, so youre saying the avg monthly rent for the city, and then stating the rent for the apartment pictured??? 

im confused

Big Chain, Nice Car, Latest Jordan's, EBT

If you think you ballin during income tax season.

"Cant pay my rent, cause all my money spent, but thats ok ,cause im still fly"

Here are some hood rich shenanigans that I've witnessed.

--Your outfits are always fresh but you need a ride everywhere.
--When bills are due they have to sell some of the clothes/shoes they were stunting in at the beginning of the month.
--Driving a luxury ride, but can't even afford LIABILITY INSURANCE that would cover some of the physical damage to the outside of his/her vechicle.
--Driving a luxury ride but it's making noises because they can't afford the maintenance.
--Financing a new vehicle and you live with your mother.
--LV coin pouch, Jordans, Supreme, New Era... depending on the next man to feed your grown *** :lol: :smh:
--At the club on payday with a fresh fit, gas tank on struggle all next week paying for gas with change.
--Shopping at Trader Joe's with EBT.
--Borrowing money, not to buy food, not to pay bills, but to get fresh and you're late on all of your bills.

Last edited:

Big Chain, Nice Car, Latest Jordan's, EBT
If you think you ballin during income tax season.
"Cant pay my rent, cause all my money spent, but thats ok ,cause im still fly"
Here are some hood rich shenanigans that I've witnessed.

--Your outfits are always fresh but you need a ride everywhere.
--When bills are due they have to sell some of the clothes/shoes they were stunting in at the beginning of the month.
--Driving a luxury ride, but can't even afford LIABILITY INSURANCE that would cover some of the physical damage to the outside of his/her vechicle.
--Driving a luxury ride but it's making noises because they can't afford the maintenance.
--Financing a new vehicle and you live with your mother.
--LV coin pouch, Jordans, Supreme, New Era... depending on the next man to feed your grown ***
laugh.gif
mean.gif

--At the club on payday with a fresh fit, gas tank on struggle all next week paying for gas with change.
--Shopping at Trader Joe's with EBT.
--Borrowing money, not to buy food, not to pay bills, but to get fresh and you're late on all of your bills.
none of that is hoodrich tho

thats all fraudin

Hood rich is nothing but the term ****** rich dressed up for 106 & Park to sell some Big Tymers albums. If y`all want to argue the nuances and intricacies of the term while pretending that it does not extend beyond people with the means of leaving the hood, yet no intentions of doing so because they would rather be the big fish in a little pond and impress easily impressed people, then carry on. But if you're being honest, you know that fronting large and blowing money on dumb **** is hood rich/****** rich too.

To the second point about calling it hood rich when Tyrone and Tamika do it, but middle class when Billy and Becky do it, :rolleyes In the hood, different items/brands are considered "doing it" and deserving of the hood rich title. I don`t know what slang white people, Asian people or otherwise would call it, nor do I care, but when I see a sister using an EBT card that she pulled out of an LV purse and her kids that can`t even walk are wearing Jordan from head to toe, not only is it trifling, it`s hood rich.

I hate autotype :smh: Not my device though.

Last edited:
Well add me to the list of people that have lived in the hood... different hoods in different cities. Is my point any more valid now?

Baton Rouge: Gardere Lane
San Diego: Winona Ave

Last edited:
I'm not American nor living in a hood but I thought hood rich is having a lot of expensive clothes and/or a luxury car whilst living in the projects, with parents, ...

yeah you're right

knowing you have a decent amount of money in your bank account > spending all your money to make other people think you have a decent amount of money in your bank account 
A lot of you guys are stating the OBVIOUS. We are all know what the right thing to do is.  We know about the rims shouldn't cost more than your car, we know 80k car putting 10 bucks in at a time, we know save your money live within your means. etc...

A lot of these people don't get to see the path to home ownership. Look what saving your money gets you or all these other points we are making on it being wrong or trivial.  Living within your means just doesn't cut it sometimes.

So you can judge these people all you want but like I said earlier they just want the same things as everybody else in the world and shouldn't be looked down on in the process.

question.......for those living in the city in an upscale apartment, how is noise isolation?

will their be complaints if you play loud music, or your tv loud?

i really want my own building (house)

Back
Top Bottom