What has 2012 taught you?

despite taking a gigantic salary cut, this has been the happiest year of my life. got engaged, spent a week in tokyo with my girl, got her pregnant and we're having a son in feb. i'm realizing what a self-centered, spoiled life i've been living as i move toys, shoes and clothes out of my apartment to make room. 2013 is all about family. i feel blessed.

Last edited:
Ankle surgery, Newlywed, being a stepfather. Ive learned even more responsibility this year. And im glad i did. Since getting married Ive talked to several of my friends who are still playing the game and im glad im out. that ish was a full time job to keep up with sides and mains. My step sons are great kids and i enjoy family life so much. Ive learned that my procrastination will be the death of me. So after my surgery i committed myself to improving my organizational skills and work ethic. As a result i won Junior Sailor of the Quarter at my command. I hope 2013 is even better.

going out of your way to help people gets you nowhere  

don't change who you are for anybody

things happen for a reason

if you don't put in the effort, you won't get anywhere

2012 was great for me overall. As my first entire full year of being employed and working full-time, it gave me the confidence that I can succeed in whatever goal I decide to pursue (career, personal, etc.). I feel like the rock's in my hands and I can do whatever I want with it. Definitely could say this was the year when I finally grasped that idea, that no one can prevent me from reaching my potential, as long as I stay true to myself and my values, and work hard for whatever I pursue.

Take everything with a grain of salt... especially when it comes to doctors, never take anything for granted, especially your health.

Back
Top Bottom