what is your religion? (serious topic no bs) my bad...i instead of e

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by mrgrapes85

I was going to actually post mine, until i realized this was niketalk.

be thou an example of the believers...if you had faith in your religion you'd post it...

I have more than enough faith, but you missed the first grade and turned the thread into another grammar fail.

wow i actually don't remember spelling religion in the first grade? Your right sir your better than all of us. You can't determine a persons characterjust based on incorrect grammar.

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
pimp.gif

I was going to actually post mine, until i realized this was niketalk.

be thou an example of the believers...if you had faith in your religion you'd post it...

I have more than enough faith, but you missed the first grade and turned the thread into another grammar fail.

wow i actually don't remember spelling religion in the first grade? Your right sir your better than all of us. You can't determine a persons character just based on incorrect grammar.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

All of you are going to hell for even asking this question.
tired.gif

Return to your Satan thread
smile.gif
no such thing as hell right...? I have no problems with you, but your attempts to upset are rather lame
laugh.gif

Yeah, how is someone going to hell just for asking a question?

I am Rastafarian.

I think that most of us, are mature enough to accept everyone else's religion (see how easy that was?) That's cool I never met a Rastafarian

love thy parents, god and neighbor.

no particular religion, just code of ethics i live by
pimp.gif

To be specific..Baptist. But I do not want to be associated w/any of the backwards hypocrisy of these hardcore bible thumpers..

I do good, have God in my heart & follow the good book.

Yo soy un non denominational Christian, with a respect and curiosity for all types of theology, mythology, and philosophy. IMO, no one person knows the WHOLEtruth any way.

None at all,never been religious in any way.
Each to their own though as far as I'm concerned

I am officially Roman Catholic and I go to church with my extended family when it is a holiday and when the extended family is together and it is Sunday. Myparents are not very religious but for my old school, born in Nicaraguan grandparents, grandaunts and uncles and my late great grand parents, Roman Catholicismis very important.

My own belief structure is largely agnostic and think that religious people and atheists are incorrect in committing to something that cannot be confirmed.

I have been becoming more and more influenced by Buddhism because I like the aspects of it that are more philosophy than religious faith. Buddhism isclassified as religion in Western minds because it is belief structure but it mostly a critique of reality, a way of choosing to perceive reality and advicefor how to think and act during our lives. Because I am attracted to Buddhist philosophy and thoughts on how to live, I mostly study Zen Buddhism, which cameinto its own when it was used as way for Japanese Samurai to merge the ideals of Buddhism with the reality of daily life and constant warfare, therefore, Zenis the most useful approach for who are focused on tangible benefits and philosophy as opposed to superstition and intangible, if not non existent benefits.

BTW, on the subject of religion. In my experience, I have found that most of the people who are in your face, intolerant and self righteous are usuallyatheist, usually atheists who were raised in religious household and are now born again as atheists and want everyone to know about it and why everyone whodisagrees with them is a moron. Meanwhile, I rarely hear religious folks being insistent on letting every one know about their faith and I have never seen, inperson a Christian or Jew or Muslim, no matter how devout, call atheists name to their face.

I assume this may be particular to my region, do you guys in the South or other, more conservative and/or rural parts of the country have the oppositesituation where religious folks are as brazen and rude as many atheists are in California.

Originally Posted by 18th letter

I believe in the Oneness of everything. Religion is nothing but a set of rules.

I wouldn't say rules...religion is built upon faith.

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

I am officially Roman Catholic and I go to church with my extended family when it is a holiday and when the extended family is together and it is Sunday. My parents are not very religious but for my old school, born in Nicaraguan grandparents, grandaunts and uncles and my late great grand parents, Roman Catholicism is very important.

My own belief structure is largely agnostic and think that religious people and atheists are incorrect in committing to something that cannot be confirmed.

I have been becoming more and more influenced by Buddhism because I like the aspects of it that are more philosophy than religious faith. Buddhism is classified as religion in Western minds because it is belief structure but it mostly a critique of reality, a way of choosing to perceive reality and advice for how to think and act during our lives. Because I am attracted to Buddhist philosophy and thoughts on how to live, I mostly study Zen Buddhism, which came into its own when it was used as way for Japanese Samurai to merge the ideals of Buddhism with the reality of daily life and constant warfare, therefore, Zen is the most useful approach for who are focused on tangible benefits and philosophy as opposed to superstition and intangible, if not non existent benefits.

BTW, on the subject of religion. In my experience, I have found that most of the people who are in your face, intolerant and self righteous are usually atheist, usually atheists who were raised in religious household and are now born again as atheists and want everyone to know about it and why everyone who disagrees with them is a moron. Meanwhile, I rarely hear religious folks being insistent on letting every one know about their faith and I have never seen, in person a Christian or Jew or Muslim, no matter how devout, call atheists name to their face.

I assume this may be particular to my region, do you guys in the South or other, more conservative and/or rural parts of the country have the opposite situation where religious folks are as brazen and rude as many atheists are in California.

Nice man, very insightful

Back
Top Bottom