What makes Foamposits so great?

Originally Posted by bigj505

anyone saying these are appealing because of HYPE is a guilty as someone that has no clue about foams.

they are appealing for the most obvious reasons => DURABILITY and NON CREASING.

Rocking Js and AF1s used to turn me off because of how badly the toe boxes creased. Shoes could be 2 weeks old and look aged like blue cheese.
Foams dont crease and the uppers can take a beating.

They are perfect for the person looking for a shoe they can wear for a very long time that will still look fresh. That's why true foam lovers never really felt bad about dropping the higher $$$$ on them.

As for basketball, they are really good shoes for someone looking for balling shoes (indoors) that should not fall apart. That is not the case for kobes or lebrons (not 100% sure about Brons) as I know kobes are known to tear after a while. These are not the lightest nor the best in tech but they do hold up to a beating.
THIS

Balled in my penny foams all the time in college.  Yeah they are heavey but they are comfortable...I'm white so I'm not dunking anyway lol.

But i love the foams for the nostalgia.  Remembering penny wearing them....lil penny commercials....bibby in Arizona wearing them....just seeing them on court they always stood out.  I have always said that there is only one color of foams to me and thats royal blue.  I don't own any other foams.  Just Royals. 

Does anyone remember getting a postcard from Nike with the pennys on it back in the day? I remember I had started to really get into sneakers having copped the XI's before these dropped and got that card in the mail.. my face was straight 
eek.gif
.  Then I noticed the price which was worse than what I had convinced my parents to drop on my XI's and knew it wasn't gonna happen... instant 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by phreshdude

hype and lame-o's

So youre a lamo, and a hypebeast? Remember kid, your posts are still readily available to read on your profile. I.E. the army foamposite thread. You wrote....

im only copping the pewter and royal joints. im good on all the other colors..
Pwned. What does that make you? exactly what you stated in this thread. SMH at the ignorance.

Edit:
After laughing so hard at your post I did further investigation. You hang around foam threads a lot..I.E. the pewter thread...

copped!
laugh.gif

What makes them great isn't the weight of the shoe, that's for sure.

They are simply iconic, groundbreaking, classic, etc..

You all make me want to break out my royals tomorrow
smile.gif

Peace

i beat the #!%% out of my royal pros and small rips devloped... but they held up for soooo long with so much punishment.
pimp.gif

IMO they're heavy. I wouldnt ball in them when there's the kobes which are lighter. But they dont crease and look good. Damned good.

Never understood the steep price tag though.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by krazy88s

IMO they're heavy. I wouldnt ball in them when there's the kobes which are lighter. But they dont crease and look good. Damned good.

nerd.gif

da way they are created is a costly process.....only nike is crazy enough to make a sneaker made outta a injected liquid....

CopperFoamFactory-SC.jpg

i love that production picture
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

...along with the actual shoes, the crewneck, and Sneaker St stock photo....that pic was one of the best things to come out of the Coppers release imo
smokin.gif

Thanks for the 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pic.

Love to rock them 'cause even though they are heavy, it makes up for comfortability.
pimp.gif

Bought the Eggplants and the Pearls (love them) when I had a vacation in CA last year and it really sucks that here in the PI, we got no Foam love.
frown.gif

I fell in love with those Royal Blue Foam 1s the day I first saw them back in 97 on a SI magazine. Hopefully one day...

Main reason I like any foamposite-based sneakers are because they're so easy to keep clean and they'd still look new after tons of wears.

They are the most durable Bball shoe ever made. I beat the crap out of my Blue Foam Pro's, well at least I thought I did (looking at BigJ's). Its funny how everyone beat these up. I still have them and people always ask where I got them from, of course not knowing Ive had them for 10 years lol Here's the most "beat" posites I have...

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by krazy88s

nerd.gif

da way they are created is a costly process.....only nike is crazy enough to make a sneaker made outta a injected liquid....

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/...CopperFoamFactory-SC.jpg src="http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_kPH0ZxIXB...jg/qc20xaMP2uU/s1600/CopperFoamFactory-SC.jpg">

nice pic but yeah foamposites are made out of polyurathene (liquid foam) so that why there "costly".... to some
eyes.gif

I'm going to put this in automotive terms.

Think of Jordans as Ferraris. Everyone has their favorites, and for good reason. Like the cars, these are some of the most recognizable, iconic sneakers ever made. Chances are, if you asked any one off the street to name the 5 greatest sports cars of all time, they'd say Ferrari somewhere in that list, and the same goes if you asked someone about basketball sneakers and Jordans. A Ferrari announces to the world you've made it, and you like something that oozes with history and instant appeal. For the most part, you can't go wrong with a pair of Jordans, just like a Ferrari.

Think of Foamposites as Paganis. Few people outside the sneaker game have heard of them, and even fewer can tell you what they look like. Since 1997, these have probably been the "it" kicks for the connoisseurs, who want more than instant recognition....they want the ultimate in performance, exclusivity, and technology. Like a Pagani, the Foamposite is always at the top end of the price range, and they don't make any sense to the non-sneakerhead. Why not spend half the price and get something everyone knows? Because that's not the point. Foamposites are (or at least were) the best kept secret in the sneaker world and are the true hyperexotics of sneakers.

Originally Posted by MerkurPosite

I'm going to put this in automotive terms.

Think of Jordans as Ferraris. Everyone has their favorites, and for good reason. Like the cars, these are some of the most recognizable, iconic sneakers ever made. Chances are, if you asked any one off the street to name the 5 greatest sports cars of all time, they'd say Ferrari somewhere in that list, and the same goes if you asked someone about basketball sneakers and Jordans. A Ferrari announces to the world you've made it, and you like something that oozes with history and instant appeal. For the most part, you can't go wrong with a pair of Jordans, just like a Ferrari.

Think of Foamposites as Paganis. Few people outside the sneaker game have heard of them, and even fewer can tell you what they look like. Since 1997, these have probably been the "it" kicks for the connoisseurs, who want more than instant recognition....they want the ultimate in performance, exclusivity, and technology. Like a Pagani, the Foamposite is always at the top end of the price range, and they don't make any sense to the non-sneakerhead. Why not spend half the price and get something everyone knows? Because that's not the point. Foamposites are (or at least were) the best kept secret in the sneaker world and are the true hyperexotics of sneakers.
this this this!!!!

but i had a pair of 2011 foamposite royal pennys in my hand..boy did they make em cheap...
ohwell.gif

this one's pretty late but i finally got my royal foams at almost SRP from a really kind reseller. Definitely one of the best that came out of Nike factories. I just hope they're as tough as the ones I had in 97.

to me theyre the unicorn youve never seen. i remember looking in the eastbay seeing the price tag seeing how crazy they looked. then seeing Kel from kenan and kel wearing them in a music video. just magical.

beauty is in the eye of the beholder ... don't go by what others like make your own opinion about what you like and dislike and by the way foams r dope

Hope pic comes out.. but I still ball in my 03 red and 05 foams still look decent and hold up very well and I play outside in both pair

Back
Top Bottom