What makes Foamposits so great?

30t6p3b.gif

im not saying they are great but when i was growing up i always wanted them cuz the looked so hot but my parents much less me could have afforded them.

its kinda like the nerd in high school that wants a hot girl but he can’t get her till he is much older and has more money. (that girl is probably not worth it but he likes it/her so when he has the opportunity to achieve it/her he gets what he wants finally)

Originally Posted by underbird92

Forgive my ignorance but what is it about foamposits that everyone likes?  What makes them any different than any other basketball shoe?  I have only seen them in person at a Foot Action (at least I think it was Foot Action) once and didn't really examine the shoe too much.  

video-002355.jpg

Top 25 Foamposites

This is why

Originally Posted by BigTy23

They are the most durable Bball shoe ever made. I beat the crap out of my Blue Foam Pro's, well at least I thought I did (looking at BigJ's). Its funny how everyone beat these up. I still have them and people always ask where I got them from, of course not knowing Ive had them for 10 years lol Here's the most "beat" posites I have...

Lol...still look fresh too.  That's what makes Foams great to me IMO.

My only problem with Foams as of late is that it really makes things complicated when you're huge on J's too.  200 bucks is no joke and they keep staggering 1-2 Foam releases in between Jordan releases.  I had to pass on the Pewters because of the Grey V's and Bordeaux's coming out in the coming months, wound up seeing them out the other night and it just made me sad.  I really wish they'd space some of these out a little more.  I get that Nike wants to make their money, but it'd be nice if they could respect the fact that this is a collector's shoe as well.

Originally Posted by bigj505

anyone saying these are appealing because of HYPE is a guilty as someone that has no clue about foams.

they are appealing for the most obvious reasons => DURABILITY and NON CREASING.

Rocking Js and AF1s used to turn me off because of how badly the toe boxes creased. Shoes could be 2 weeks old and look aged like blue cheese.
Foams dont crease and the uppers can take a beating.

They are perfect for the person looking for a shoe they can wear for a very long time that will still look fresh. That's why true foam lovers never really felt bad about dropping the higher $$$$ on them.

As for basketball, they are really good shoes for someone looking for balling shoes (indoors) that should not fall apart. That is not the case for kobes or lebrons (not 100% sure about Brons) as I know kobes are known to tear after a while. These are not the lightest nor the best in tech but they do hold up to a beating.

i concur. down here in DMV everyone wears them

I dont know how it is outside of the DMV but we call em Dopes because only Dope dealers can afford em

I think the beastin started once those copper dopes dropped because they finaly coul get their hands on a pair

I don't really see why the foamposites are so great either. I only like the pros and the royal blue's

I love the way they feel after broken in.. so comfortable.. along with the many other reasons listed

Originally Posted by kingofny04

Originally Posted by underbird92

Forgive my ignorance but what is it about foamposits that everyone likes?  What makes them any different than any other basketball shoe?  I have only seen them in person at a Foot Action (at least I think it was Foot Action) once and didn't really examine the shoe too much.  

video-002355.jpg

Top 25 Foamposites

This is why
Not a bad list...but the order...
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by krazy88s

IMO they're heavy. I wouldnt ball in them when there's the kobes which are lighter. But they dont crease and look good. Damned good.

Never understood the steep price tag though.
nerd.gif

da way they are created is a costly process.....only nike is crazy enough to make a sneaker made outta a injected liquid....

CopperFoamFactory-SC.jpg

more pics of the production process?
nerd.gif

30t6p3b.gif
@ # 20....
roll.gif
@ #3....and last but not least...
indifferent.gif
@ black/gum pro's or carbons not even getting on the list but electrics get a slot?
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

30t6p3b.gif
@ # 20....
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
@ black/gum pro's or carbons not even getting on the list but electrics get a slot?
30t6p3b.gif

L
laugh.gif
L I think they did a quick google search of nike "posite" and asked a 5 year old to make a random list of 25

wonder why how these missed that bogus list
Clogposite2Gold.jpg

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

30t6p3b.gif
@ # 20....
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif

list was so turrible
sick.gif

Originally Posted by bigj505

anyone saying these are appealing because of HYPE is a guilty as someone that has no clue about foams.

they are appealing for the most obvious reasons => DURABILITY and NON CREASING.

Rocking Js and AF1s used to turn me off because of how badly the toe boxes creased. Shoes could be 2 weeks old and look aged like blue cheese.
Foams dont crease and the uppers can take a beating.

They are perfect for the person looking for a shoe they can wear for a very long time that will still look fresh. That's why true foam lovers never really felt bad about dropping the higher $$$$ on them.

As for basketball, they are really good shoes for someone looking for balling shoes (indoors) that should not fall apart. That is not the case for kobes or lebrons (not 100% sure about Brons) as I know kobes are known to tear after a while. These are not the lightest nor the best in tech but they do hold up to a beating.
QFT. You basically summed it up. 

I finally got my first pair of Foamposites, the cough drops. Back in high school when the Foamposite line dropped, $200 was way too rich for my parents to spend on me hahaha.

If they were spending over $100 in shoes, it would have to be significant. of course at least Jordans there were a lot of "meaning" to it on top of the performance aspect.

But now I finally got Foams, even as a working adult, I didn't want to budge on spending more than low $100-*!#.

I like them. they are a bit heavy. But the feel and quality are top notch. They really feel sturdy. Comfortable. I don't like the indent feel on the top of the toe box though, because i have fat feet lol.

Those DR doom foams are the best ever IMO. too bad they are $$$$$

yea for the price, and considering the older tech and heavier weight, it makes it hard to cop them but they are so comfy its crazy

Glad we feel the same brotha, its def one of the better colors but that sole gets dirty and.....but none the less, a great shoe. Too many ppl were bashing it a while ago but if they bring it back ppl will buy it even some of those ppl who were bashing it. and if its limited WHEW!!!!

Back
Top Bottom