What makes Foamposits so great?

i remember they had FULL sized highway ads for da penny foamposite with da 1800 number...and all i can do is drool at em...only cats who had em

were A. drug dealers....B. their kids.
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

To that point Nike shoes and Jordan sigs weren't even in the $150 category. Back then the foams were the most expensive shoe you could buy at 179.99

They were one of the first shoes to feature double stack zoom and that tech was relatively new at the time. Notice how many people clamor for zoom now that lunar seems to be taking over.

Zoom doesn't degrade and neither does the foam upper. In 1996 performance terms these things were great. Yes they were heavy and hot compared to shoes of today, but back then Jordans were heavy and didn't breath well.

The laced episode knocked down everything you needed as far as the tech.

Now enter the past decade. Retro's are still a new thing and Nike showed no interest at all in bringing this shoe back. Add in the fact that the original mold used to design the Foams had been destroyed and many of us sneakerheads were lost and angry. How could they retro silly shoes constantly and now they tell us that even if they wanted to, they could not replicate the shoe.

Now they will flood the market with these things, but that's ok. Makes the shoe more accessible and that's not a big deal.

I still have my original pair
smile.gif

24126cd1931a5696079c80a663245484f2be0a6a.jpg

1e516d1a116201cfad6919dfbe37c67dc350f126.jpg

23416b12146b0ac2ab9540dd8382be81737641d1.jpg

I just like having them. And like homey said, I feel like a darker Bibby. And a Better looking Penny Hardaway lmao!

These are the best shoes Ive ever bought. The only pair that I have that I dont like are the silver/black joints that came out a while back.

They're durable as hell, look good and i dunno what some of you are saying but they perform well on the court.

'foam-experts' shed some light on the main factors that so many prefer =
2007 retros or older > recent foam retros.

i.e 2007 royal > 2011 royal (for those that have them)

older pairs were made in taiwan = better factories

da molds have better grooves, better shape, and da thickness is there, so they're alot more sturdier...

^ thanks ninja.

the consensus is that foams are have boot-like durability.
but real quesiton right here is how many of you actually beat the @%% outta your pairs.  actually pushing the wear and tear to the limits. not many use foams for ball, and for good reason. but i wonder since most pics ppl post of their foam collection is mostly vnds looking. OR... is that exactly the magic of having a sneaker composed of foam.

admittedly, it was the 09 eggie that finally had me give foams a chance. that c.w was ridiculous, that color changing finish just spectacular.
always liked the pearl... can you say JESUS!! lol

so since 09', ive added some pearls, and just scooped 2007 royals, + og eggs
pimp.gif

dont know what other c.w's id really like. not into all the fruity pebble, ultra metallic c.ws coming out and expecting to release. the rainbow whoring ways that nike seems to have the foampoiste on the road down on.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by hotbutter

^ thanks ninja.

the consensus is that foams are have boot-like durability.
but real quesiton right here is how many of you actually beat the @%% outta your pairs.  actually pushing the wear and tear to the limits. not many use foams for ball, and for good reason. but i wonder since most pics ppl post of their foam collection is mostly vnds looking. OR... is that exactly the magic of having a sneaker composed of foam.

admittedly, it was the 09 eggie that finally had me give foams a chance. that c.w was ridiculous, that color changing finish just spectacular.
always liked the pearl... can you say JESUS!! lol

so since 09', ive added some pearls, and just scooped 2007 royals, + og eggs
pimp.gif

dont know what other c.w's id really like. not into all the fruity pebble, ultra metallic c.ws coming out and expecting to release. the rainbow whoring ways that nike seems to have the foampoiste on the road down on.
eyes.gif

i still think flightposite 1s are the best overall indoor sneaker ever because of the weight and durability. but my 01 royal pros are still structurally sound and i ball in them outside. recently retired them tho.

FORGET ABOUT THE NON-CREASING...MY OG PRO'S THE SOLE FELL OFF PLAYING ON THE COURT...(BLACKTOP OF COURSE)

THE ABSOLUTE BEST PART OF THIS SHOE IS THAT WHEN/IF YOU WEAR THEM ON AN EVERYDAY BASIS THE INNER FOAM FORMS AROUND YOUR FOOT AND IT MAKES THE WEAR AT LEAST 100x MORE COMFORTABLE TO PLAY IN!

I HARDLY WEAR THE SAME KICKS BACK TO BACK SO MY NEWER FOAMS DONT GOT THAT FORM YET BUT TO ME THATS THE REASON WHY THE SHOE IS GREAT...ASIDE ALL THE HYPE THAT GOES ALONG WITH IT. IF YOURE BUYING THE SHOE FOR HYPE THEN YOUR JUST MISSING OUT ON WHAT ITS MAIN PURPOSE IS!

I remember being in 6th grade and they were the most expensive shoes ever, every shot caller/ hustler had them they were a status symbol and of course I couldn't get them still never had any. But I be darn if I don't get them this time been appealing to me ever since the 90's.

The feeling you get when you wear them after not wearing them for a few weeks. Indescribable.
pimp.gif

Wear a pair for a week and you will fall in love with them. Trust me. They are very comfy once formed to feet.

You know how it is when you see something and your jaw hits the floor thats how I felt when Simon and Bibby were rocking them in the tournament and being a sneakerhead had to have them after that. But wish they would slow down on all the colors.  Also love the FP1 but for some reason they just kill the sides of my foot.

if you can spend 200 on a shoe and have them not crease and keep them clean easily, then why wouldn't you buy them?
my only problem with foams now is that they've lost their mysticism because every joe schmoe can get a pair.  

Nike is releasing too many colors, but they're making money 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

nothing. It's all hype. Heavy and not good for basketball

HEAVY YES!
But excellent basketball sneaker that will out due a pair of jordans on its worst day
the shoe doesnt crack air bubble does not pop materiel molds to your foot giving you insane movement to cross the &*%$ out someone
please buy a pair go hoop in them and you will be amazed
not only is foamposite probably within the top 3 basketball shoes of all time
its also fashionable
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom